IGNORED

My First Post On The Forum

eastbristolredun

Hello fellow City fans,

This is my first post on the forum, I have long been a fan but never got round to signing up!

I just wanted to come on and put down a few thoughts about this season.

I think we all need to hold the heads up high and be very proud of what we have achieved in such a short space of time. To be honest i would of taken fourth bottom, so fourth top is beyond my wildest dreams..... That said we must now kick on.....

It was great news to hear GJ and the long term commitment. I think its good reason to walk with chests puffed out!

But...... and here comes the but.......

The transfer news worries me greatly. I think it shows a degree of acceptance that City are a championship club. ( albeit a good one ) but trying to sign Tyson seems to indicate the lack of ambition in spending big. I'm sure Forest fans will be quite happy off loading a player who only plays 60% of any given season. I'm sure the other clubs are not worried and running around like mad men after hearing all the transfer news from the west!

I know its easy to get carried away but its time to invest in the front players, LITA seems the obvious choice. You just know he will score goals for fun at this level. Forget the attitude, GJ and team moral will break that!

The board will need to dig deep, the fans ( 13,500 ) have all committed so lets move forward together! onwards and upwards.

Finally, my player of the season.......... Louis Carey, Player for next season....... Nick Carle.

Matt

Guest MaloneFM

BUGGER OFF UP YOUR OWN END AND PLAY....bloody part timers....I SAW BILLY WEDLOCK AND HE WAS BETTER THAN ROONEY....I dunno...soddin kids....I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE! :nono:

And what are YOU looking at....eh?

BUGGER OFF UP YOUR OWN END AND PLAY....bloody part timers....I SAW BILLY WEDLOCK AND HE WAS BETTER THAN ROONEY....I dunno...soddin kids....I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE! :nono:

And what are YOU looking at....eh?

Malone be nice!

Go on deep breath and try again!

Hello fellow City fans,

This is my first post on the forum, I have long been a fan but never got round to signing up!

I think we all need to hold the heads up high and be very proud of what we have achieved in such a short space of time. To be honest i would of taken fourth bottom, so fourth top is beyond my wildest dreams..... That said we must now kick on.....

It was great news to hear GJ and the long term commitment. I think its good reason to walk with chests puffed out!

The transfer news worries me greatly. I think it shows a degree of acceptance that City are a championship club. ( albeit a good one ) but trying to sign Tyson seems to indicate the lack of ambition in spending big. I'm sure Forest fans will be quite happy off loading a player who only plays 60% of any given season. I'm sure the other clubs are not worried and running around like mad men after hearing all the transfer news from the west!

I know its easy to get carried away but its time to invest in the front players, LITA seems the obvious choice. You just know he will score goals for fun at this level. Forget the attitude, GJ and team moral will break that!

The board will need to dig deep, the fans ( 13,500 ) have all committed so lets move forward together! onwards and upwards.

Finally, my player of the season.......... Louis Carey, Player for next season....... Nick Carle.

Matt

Welcome mate. Agree with a lot of that - The Tyson bit though, in my opinion Tyson is big , strong and quick. I appear to be one of the few that actually rates him. Would obviosuly like to see Lita back....why not both though - with Trundle just behind the 2....luvvly jubbly.... :dance:

Guest MaloneFM
Malone be nice!

Go on deep breath and try again!

Ok...deep breath....BLOODY HELL! NOT AGAIN!

MRS M CHUCK DOWN SOME CLEAN TROUSERS AND PANTS...I DID IT AGAIN ...bloody silly idea that was girlie...and you flounced straight past me at Wembley as well by the Bobby Moore statue.

Mind you if we had won you would have ran past with them out jiggling all over the gaff

and you flounced straight past me at Wembley as well by the Bobby Moore statue.

Mind you if we had won you would have ran past with them out jiggling all over the gaff

Terribly sorry sir!

I was trying to keep a 7 year old safe and keep her away from scary old men like you :innocent06: :tongue:

Hello fellow City fans,

Matt

Good post.

Spending £800,000 on a player who plays half a season aint whats its all about.

Forest....3 mill for Ernie...now thats ambition............

We have a chairman with "mega buck,s" in his his back pocket...

Lets see how much the fella wants to go to the prem.

Now watch the posts who give me a hard time time

Good post.

Come on Arn - you know the score - I would love that too, but Lansdown has said time and again that the football club 'has to stand on its own 2 feet'. Hence, he wont be digging deep into his pockets.

I think we will probably spend 3 - 4 Million but that will be on 4 or 5 players, we just cant compete with £2,650,000 striker signings.

Guest MaloneFM
Terribly sorry sir!

I was trying to keep a 7 year old safe and keep her away from scary old men like you :innocent06: :tongue:

A seven year old? I thought you had kidnapped a dwarf.

Useful things dwarves. Handy around the house since eastern european slaves are now considered 'non pc'.

Good post.

I think we need to look at better than Tyson - and that is Lita for me.. IF we want to get to the prem next season then we need to spend some serious money on a striker (or two). A couple of loanee's from the prem would certainly help, some defensive cover may be needed and a right winger is a must.

Welcome newbie to the mad world of otib!!

Come on Arn - you know the score - I would love that too, but Lansdown has said time and again that the football club 'has to stand on its own 2 feet'. Hence, he wont be digging deep into his pockets.

I think we will probably spend 3 - 4 Million but that will be on 4 or 5 players, we just cant compete with £2,650,000 striker signings.

Well Matt Arn been thinking bigtime since our playoff loss.

I honestly belive we WILL struggle next season without a quality forward.

Now before i get a kicking, SL can say what he wants. But with his wealth, if HE really wants the prem, the fella CAN afford it.

As a passionate, crazy City fan, if i had what that guy has in the bank, i would not hesitate.

Taking ten mill from Steves account, wont change anything in his life.

Nothing about Bristol City, just how much the FAN wants it mate..........

I think we need to look at better than Tyson - and that is Lita for me.. IF we want to get to the prem next season then we need to spend some serious money on a striker (or two). A couple of loanee's from the prem would certainly help, some defensive cover may be needed and a right winger is a must.

Welcome newbie to the mad world of otib!!

As usual WR....you talk sense :fingerscrossed:

Speaking to a gas lad yesterday and he said he'd be very envious if we signed Tyson and predicted he'd do very well at City. Lightening quick and a good finisher.

At the end of the day everyone is entitled to an opinion on any given player, but I trust GJ even if 99% of fans thought Tyson would be a poor signing.

What exactly were people's reactions when we signed the likes of McCombe, Noble and Elliott? Most hadn't heard of them.

As for the money, he could turn out to be a bargain for £800k if he stays injury free and bangs the goals in. A player should never be judged on his potential transfer value surely?

Bottom line is GJ knows what he's doing so while I respect people's opinions on Tyson, if we get him I'll be delighted as it means GJ has got his man and obviously see's something in the lad.

Now before i get a kicking, SL can say what he wants. But with his wealth, if HE really wants the prem, the fella CAN afford it.

As a passionate, crazy City fan, if i had what that guy has in the bank, i would not hesitate.

Is it all down to Steve though?; we don't know if G.J asked for anything or not, in the Jan transfer window when we should of gone for it, and that could of made all the difference.

Like wise we don't know whats available in pound notes at the moment, I believe if G.J asks he will get. must be a few quid in the bank from play offs,Wembers and S.T sales add that to S.L`s own money and it makes quite a bit.

Problem being other agents/clubs know this and will hang on for the best deal.

Crazy speculation about various players abound at this time but in G.J we must trust, he aint infalible but he aint done bad so far.

(whatever happens still think a fit Brooker should be given a few games, as a chance at least)

Big games next season all of them, and some right juicy ones too :yes:

I know exactly what you are saying Arn and I agree. It s not me that would need convincing though unfortunately.

don't worry, we will get a centre forward who will find the net regularly. In GJ we trust, he said 'exciting' signings and i'm sure they will be.

Just don't hold your breathe waiting for the chairman to write that cheque Arn... :dunno:

Good post.

It might show amibition

but

it does show value for money

Also it very easy to spend other peoples money

I don't want us to be in debt to Lansdown any more than we have to be.

Its all very well saying we'd spend the money if we had it (heck I know if I won the lottery jackpot where a sizeable piece of it would be going) but it still is techincally being loaned to us. Same as Chelsea would be screwed if Abramovich suddenly decided he wanted his millions back.

With the current economic climate id rather we spent sensibly than blew all of it on one player, and I also don't want it coming from Steve Lansdowns pockets unless it really has to.

Is it all down to Steve though?; we don't know if G.J asked for anything or not, in the Jan transfer window when we should of gone for it, and that could of made all the difference.

Like wise we don't know whats available in pound notes at the moment, I believe if G.J asks he will get. must be a few quid in the bank from play offs,Wembers and S.T sales add that to S.L`s own money and it makes quite a bit.

Problem being other agents/clubs know this and will hang on for the best deal.

Crazy speculation about various players abound at this time but in G.J we must trust, he aint infalible but he aint done bad so far.

(whatever happens still think a fit Brooker should be given a few games, as a chance at least)

Big games next season all of them, and some right juicy ones too :yes:

i was under the,impression that brooker was fit for last few games of season why wasn,t he given even a place on the bench cant see him playin for us again tbh

Guest MaloneFM

WHOA!

Isn't this thread about this new squit trying to make chums on here? Less of the bloody football talk and more of the lovey dovey crap.

Which end?

And its 'uncle' to you, you painted floozy

Hello Mr Malone....

It seems your not happy with new posters joining the forum? I am sorry to intrude! I would just state i am a season ticket holder for 10 years, and if you like many others hate the part timers then you seem to adopt a strange attitude to welcoming fans and bringing them into the fold?

Regards

M

Hello Mr Malone....

It seems your not happy with new posters joining the forum? I am sorry to intrude! I would just state i am a season ticket holder for 10 years, and if you like many others hate the part timers then you seem to adopt a strange attitude to welcoming fans and bringing them into the fold?

Regards

M

Hes taking the peas!

Just give him shit back and all will be well.

Hello Mr Malone....

Regards

M

Welcome EBRU.

Take no notice of Owd Rodger. ;)

Archived