IGNORED

Bristol City Vs Bristol Rovers

Jesus

I've just been reading an article about our Pre-season friendlies, and I thought to myself looking at the fixtures, why don't we have a Pre-season South West Cup?

I mean, it would bring people in, it would be a great atmosphere, it would defo get the players up to speed!!!

The only thing I can think of against it is the fact the Gas, Yeovil and Cheltenham play in the same league, but it would be great fun............

I'm bored and it was just an idea so don't slate me to much...........

I think its a good idea, but very unlikely to become a reality? I think the OB will have something to say on it.

Bristol City

Gas

Yeovil

Swindon

Exeter

Plymuff

Bath City

would be quality, and give the fans something to cheer about pre season other than rubbish freindlys we have

I'm fairly sure Yeovil and Plymouth are taking part in some similar sort of pre-season Cup this summer. Sure I heard something about this a few weeks ago.

Plan for 2009 then? Surely nothing's been sorted for next summer.

I think its a good idea, but very unlikely to become a reality? I think the OB will have something to say on it.

Bristol City

Gas

Yeovil

Swindon

Exeter

Plymuff

Bath City

would be quality, and give the fans something to cheer about pre season other than rubbish freindlys we have

what about gloucester city,fgr,cirencester,chippenham,weston and clevedon too!

My worry would be injury, can you picture us playing on that Rugby pitch, Ivan Sproule flying down the wing, then some muppet from the sags nails him infront of the "popular" end, ( all 300 fans go wild )

Besides, we gain nothing from this.... We are the highest ranked side, we should test against teams who will improve us.

I would have a pop at West Brom, Pompey, Fulham

Guest PaulTrollopesBlueArmy
My worry would be injury, can you picture us playing on that Rugby pitch, Ivan Sproule flying down the wing, then some muppet from the sags nails him infront of the "popular" end, ( all 300 fans go wild )

Besides, we gain nothing from this.... We are the highest ranked side, we should test against teams who will improve us.

I would have a pop at West Brom, Pompey, Fulham

we beat you last year?

i like the idea of this cup but as someone said the OB wouldnt let it happen but it would be a good thing to do

Silly idea IMO

Pre season is for getting players up to match fit and back into playing after the summer lay off

Introduce competition into pre season friendlies and you end up with injuries to key players

Injuries can happen anytime, can't wrap them up in cotton wool all the time. I remember when football used to be a mans game.

My, another Sag full of wit, knowledge and personality.

Did you enjoy this season then? Did you watch Rovers much, or did you spend most of your time listening to Radio Bristol in the hope that City lose?

i went to 2 matches this season, because i play football on a saturday is that ok with you, as for this season it hasnt been the best but at least we aint in lg2 anymore and we can look forward to the future(well without this board hopefully) even though the future at the moment isnt looking the best but it will get better :fingerscrossed: , did you enjoy your season?

i went to 2 matches this season, because i play football on a saturday is that ok with you, as for this season it hasnt been the best but at least we aint in lg2 anymore and we can look forward to the future(well without this board hopefully) even though the future at the moment isnt looking the best but it will get better :fingerscrossed: , did you enjoy your season?

Tuesday night matches a touch too late for you then? Still, school is important (especially when it comes to improving your English) so credit for you in making sure you have an early night.

I had a great season thank you. Finishing 4th in the Championship at our first attempt, announcing a new stadium and building a million pound training complex is really a success by anyone's expectations.

You are a complete male chicken, run along back to Cheltenham youngster.

No not really

Typical sag mentality......

- Finish lower half of league 1

- Club is in the shit with money problems

- Club is having to move to Cheltenham, no theyre not, yes they are, no theyre not......

- Under 500 season tickets sold :rofl2br:

- Hoof ball is what occurs on the pitch - and not particularly successfully looking at the final league position!

BUT!.........

Two seasons ago we did beat City 1-0 in the Johnstones Paint trophy area final 2nd leg - therefore we are better than the team that finished 4th in the championship.

The problem is that these Rovers fans are so bitter, twisted and deluded that we could get in to Europe and finish in the top half of the prem and they still wouldnt be able to accept that we are by far the better team in every way. Having said that, the rest of the entire footballing world recognises the massive gulf between our two sides so let the poor little gas heads try and convince themselves that they are somehow better than us, while we just keep widening the gap between the two teams.

CTID

Tuesday night matches a touch too late for you then? Still, school is important (especially when it comes to improving your English) so credit for you in making sure you have an early night.

I had a great season thank you. Finishing 4th in the Championship at our first attempt, announcing a new stadium and building a million pound training complex is really a success by anyone's expectations.

Sometimes i work lates and always seems to fall on a rovers game, ive got many years of supporting the gas so whilst I'm young (20) i might aswell play football and enjoy myself isnt that right?

You are a complete male chicken, run along back to Cheltenham youngster.

Why would i want to go BACK to Cheltenham?

Typical sag mentality......

- Finish lower half of league 1

- Club is in the shit with money problems

- Club is having to move to Cheltenham, no theyre not, yes they are, no theyre not......

- Under 500 season tickets sold :rofl2br:

- Hoof ball is what occurs on the pitch - and not particularly successfully looking at the final league position!

BUT!.........

Two seasons ago we did beat City 1-0 in the Johnstones Paint trophy area final 2nd leg - therefore we are better than the team that finished 4th in the championship.

The problem is that these Rovers fans are so bitter, twisted and deluded that we could get in to Europe and finish in the top half of the prem and they still wouldnt be able to accept that we are by far the better team in every way. Having said that, the rest of the entire footballing world recognises the massive gulf between our two sides so let the poor little gas heads try and convince themselves that they are somehow better than us, while we just keep widening the gap between the two teams.

CTID

We do actually play football but it was a tad hard on our joke pitch last season, you lot are lucky you don't share with a rugby club i know its an excuse but the pitch was alful, as for the being bitter ect we know your better than us you finished 4th in a division above us and we struggled in the league below but do you really think a rovers fan is going to come on here and say we are shit city are better of corse not, just think before we got relegated we were on level terms in the league and we were probably better than you, how times have changed

We do actually play football but it was a tad hard on our joke pitch last season, you lot are lucky you don't share with a rugby club i know its an excuse but the pitch was alful, as for the being bitter ect we know your better than us you finished 4th in a division above us and we struggled in the league below but do you really think a rovers fan is going to come on here and say we are shit city are better of corse not, just think before we got relegated we were on level terms in the league and we were probably better than you, how times have changed

You mean we are lucky we didnt steal our ground from Bristol Rugby club?

Surely you are not objecting to the rugby club playing their ground where they have played for many many years longer than Bristol Rovers FC?

CTID

You mean we are lucky we didnt steal our ground from Bristol Rugby club?

Surely you are not objecting to the rugby club playing their ground where they have played for many many years longer than Bristol Rovers FC?

CTID

i don't know the facts so I'm not going to comment

Rovers have finished above us in a league campaign on only 8 times in your 111-year history so how the hell does that justify your being better than us and times changing? Times haven't changed, we've just widened the gap that was already there. FACT!

Rovers have finished above us in a league campaign on only 8 times in your 111-year history so how the hell does that justify your being better than us and times changing? Times haven't changed, we've just widened the gap that was already there. FACT!

I missed that comment.

Too be honest I don't think our sag visitor is the sharpest...........

I missed that comment.

Too be honest I don't think our sag visitor is the sharpest...........

nope not as sharp as you Pr!cks though :D

Archived