IGNORED

Swindle Town Target Several City Players

westonred

Not suprised. I sometimes think that I'd like Malpas to look beyond Bristol City (a common case) and Watford. However, geographically it's an easy move for a footballer to move between our two clubs and to be honest the Watford players have been good thus far.

We shall see.

Not suprised. I sometimes think that I'd like Malpas to look beyond Bristol City (a common case) and Watford. However, geographically it's an easy move for a footballer to move between our two clubs and to be honest the Watford players have been good thus far.

We shall see.

You are a close second to Cheltenham as a retirement home for some of our players :surrender:

I think Rovers have got more chance of building there new stadium than Swindon signing Scott Murray. Scotty is currently on holiday but expect him to sign his new contract in the next few weeks when him and Johnson are able to meet.

If City offer a one year deal and swindon a two year deal.for safety and family security he will have to think about it. In 1 years time swindon might not be an option and it is only just down the road from congresbury!!!

Obviously this story has some substance..........he should be offered a two year deal at city.

I don't want Murray at Swindon - age and fitness comes into play but let's face it he's "City" - however, there are younger players like Brian Wilson or (even if we could get a deal for) Myrie-Williams that could do a decent long-term job for Swindon Town.

god no murray IS A CITY LEGEND do not go to swindon even though i live in the town now i would hate to see murray here would love to see him stay at city then go on to do his coaching badges and stay for ever love the man 1000% CITY FOR EVER (I HOPE PLEASE GOD) THE OTHERS russell would do a good job for swindon jmw loan only with 24 hr recall and brian wilson still think he could have a future at city

Calm down!

Although hyperthetically if JMW joined on seasons loan then there would be, obviously, no 24 hour call back - what would be the point of such a loan?

I will rest your mind by quoting Maurice Malpas...

"He has been offered another year at Bristol City though as far as I am aware so that might end that."

I don't want Murray at Swindon - age and fitness comes into play but let's face it he's "City" - however, there are younger players like Brian Wilson or (even if we could get a deal for) Myrie-Williams that could do a decent long-term job for Swindon Town.

what is it with swindons obsession with ''City'', we were on a train back from the england game + a group of swindon fans were giving it the big i am + had loads of songs about city, i for one couldnt really care about them but they seemed to think we were there biggest rivalry??? i would understand if it were gas or cardiff

what is it with swindons obsession with ''City'', we were on a train back from the england game + a group of swindon fans were giving it the big i am + had loads of songs about city, i for one couldnt really care about them but they seemed to think we were there biggest rivalry??? i would understand if it were gas or cardiff

I didn't actually mean that (it's not always about that culture) - I meant he's a City legend - I wouldn't mind a player like Myrie-Williams or Wilson.

I want players to come in and be 100% for STFC's future not someone looking for a last hurrah. Surely you can appreciate where I'm coming from there?

We could go on and on about whether there is or is no rivalry between City and Swindon but that's not the point of this here thread.

Fact is neither are the biggest rival but both sides either enjoy seeing failure to eachother (or are not bothered).

I didn't actually mean that - I meant he's a City legend - I wouldn't mind a player like Myrie-Williams or Wilson.

I want players to come in and be 100% for STFC's future not someone looking for a last hurrah. Surely you can appreciate where I'm coming from there?

We could go on and on about whether there is or is no rivalry between City and Swindon but that's not the point of this here thread.

Fact is neither are the biggest rival but both sides either enjoy seeing failure to eachother (or are not bothered).

Sorry Rich i wasnt having a go at you it just got my goat a little on the train on the way home with these 'lads' who seemed to be obsessed with us!

I can see where you're coming from with murray, you don't want someone who's just going to come in + collect his wages, I'm sure murray isnt that kind of player but he's not the same player you probably saw a couple of seasons ago so I wouldnt expect miracles if he does sign! JMW would be a good signing, showed some promising signs in lg 1 when we went up so would be a good acquisition, wouldnt have thought GJ would let wilson go though

Sorry Rich i wasnt having a go at you it just got my goat a little on the train on the way home with these 'lads' who seemed to be obsessed with us!

I can see where you're coming from with murray, you don't want someone who's just going to come in + collect his wages, I'm sure murray isnt that kind of player but he's not the same player you probably saw a couple of seasons ago so I wouldnt expect miracles if he does sign! JMW would be a good signing, showed some promising signs in lg 1 when we went up so would be a good acquisition, wouldnt have thought GJ would let wilson go though

What's wrong with Williams at Championship level? Has he had a chance? Always looked promising.

If City offer a one year deal and swindon a two year deal.for safety and family security he will have to think about it. In 1 years time swindon might not be an option and it is only just down the road from congresbury!!!

Obviously this story has some substance..........he should be offered a two year deal at city.

Super Scotty is a true legend and HE loves City.

To have him in and around the dressing room is fantastic.

Would he rather have another year at a club he cares so much for or go to Swindle? Stupid question!

However his playing days are now near a end. IMO a 2 year deal would be pushing it.

He deserves another year and then see what he can offer us off the pitch next summer.

What's wrong with Williams at Championship level? Has he had a chance? Always looked promising.

Not been given a chance, we've got mcindoe on the left so williams didnt even get a sniff! Just said league one was i was refering to if you signed him

Archived