IGNORED

David Nugent

bcfcas1

Ive heard his name mentioned on here:

From BBC Rumours page:

Premier League new boys Hull City have told David Nugent he will need to take a £15,000 a week wage cut in he wants to sign from Portsmouth for £3m. (The Sun)

So what is he on at the moment then?! Our wage cap is lower than that pay cut! If there is any truth in this rumour we have no chance of signing him

From BBC Rumours page:

Premier League new boys Hull City have told David Nugent he will need to take a £15,000 a week wage cut in he wants to sign from Portsmouth for £3m. (The Sun)

So what is he on at the moment then?! Our wage cap is lower than that pay cut! If there is any truth in this rumour we have no chance of signing him

Not being funny....but why would he want to play in the Championship if he was wanted by Prem Clubs?

Not being funny....but why would he want to play in the Championship if he was wanted by Prem Clubs?

I didnt say he would want to, and he hardly has 'prem' clubs banging his door down anyway.

He hasn't performed in the Premier League yet and might have made the step back down to the CC , therefore, I, along with a lot of other fans hoped that he could be the type of player we have a chance of getting.

My other point is that maybe our wage structure could be massively restricting the players that we all hope to sign..i.e Lita, surely he will be on similar wages to Nugent

My other point is that maybe our wage structure could be massively restricting the players that we all hope to sign..i.e Lita, surely he will be on similar wages to Nugent

Nugent will be on a lot more than Lita purely because he joined a Prem club from the Championship. Leroy joined a Championship club from League One and hasn't signed a new contract suggesting he's on a Championship wage which has probably been bumped up by 10-15% for them getting promoted. He's far more attainable than Nugent.

Maybe beacause he actually wants to play football week in week out, I think he been found out at Premier League level so maybe he could do with a few more season in the CCC .

Maybe beacause he actually wants to play football week in week out, I think he been found out at Premier League level so maybe he could do with a few more season in the CCC .

He definately won't be playing in the CCC. One of the reasons he left Preston was to further his international aspirations(however misguided they might be). In the past we've often heard England Managers telling CCC players that they need to be playing in the top flight before they will be considered.

I think, if he does move, that the minimum he will accept would be one of the three promoted teams(just because of his International ambitions).

Your probably right but how does that work?

He was in the headlines and far more in the limelight at Preston where he was scoring for fun rather than playing for Portsmouth reserves.

Agreed. Obviously the move to Pompey hasn't worked out for him, but I'm pretty sure that most of the old headlines surrounding Nugent from his Preston days were probably to do with "will he won't he leave" after another playoff defeat - and yes you are right being on the bench for Pompey has done nothing for his England profile.

Like you (from your intimation), I CANNOT understand players who sign for a team just to sit on their backsides in either the reserves or on the bench. Personally I would rather earn 30% less and play the game I love than model the tracksuit on the touchlines week in week out.

But hey, like you (i assume) we will never be at that level so cannot know what goes through the head of these footballers(although I doubt Nugent thought he would be a benchwarmer for most of the season when he signed for Pompey)

he is sh!t

i really really really hate him. 17% goals to shots ratio(in the championship)... say no more

You sure? I think he's the real deal and has it all. For what it's worth I don't think we'd get him but this is the sort we need to be after to improve.

From BBC Rumours page:

GREAT NEWS THEN.

From BBC Rumours page:

I can't see us signing anybody who is currently playing in the Premier League, as the gap between what they currently earn and what we can afford to pay them is too great.

I can't see us signing anybody who is currently playing in the Premier League, as the gap between what they currently earn and what we can afford to pay them is too great.

Yep. The average in the Championship was just under 4k a week in the last Deloitte report I saw and that was 2-3 years ago. In the Prem it was over 12k. I imagine for a decent striker both those figures can be doubled or more.

I suppose Bristol City aren't really a threat to Cuban National Security!

We invited them over a couple of years ago but GJ said on national radio that there was a registration problem although he thought Millie would have enjoyed it.. i wonder what he was on about there then!!! :noexpression:

Archived