IGNORED

This Smartcard Thing

matty f

does anyone know whether we will get some form of identification on these smartcards?

cause otherwise how would the club know if someone else didnt have your smartcard?

how does it work?

:surrender:

thanks

CTID

does anyone know whether we will get some form of identification on these smartcards?

cause otherwise how would the club know if someone else didnt have your smartcard?

how does it work?

thanks

CTID

It works because its SMARRRRRRTTTT.

I think you would notice that someone else was sat in your seat.

Joking(poorly) aside, I don't see that any identification will be on the card, as when I bought 2 x St's in May, I only used one on-line account and the name and age of the second person with the second St wasn't requested- and considering they are being dispatched (mid?) June, they won't have time to contact 14k people to issue identification on the cards.

I take it you are thinking of "sharing" a ST with someone???

how does it work?

thanks

CTID

There is no difference between the smart card and the old books (Bar one is a card while the other is a book), why would you need to have some form of ID?

There is no difference between the smart card and the old books (Bar one is a card while the other is a book), why would you need to have some form of ID?

The cards will be smart enough to be only used once a game then, to stop cards being passed out :noexpression:

well my mate says first home game of the season to get down there and in there early because all the machine things will crash with all 14,000 people trying to get in

Probably not a bad shout but I'd hope they test them before a match day. Still with our ticketing arrangements...

how does it work?

thanks

CTID

What is stopping somebody (adult) buying a childs Season Ticket?

E.g. If my little brother can not attend a game he can give his to one of my (older) mates?

E.g. If my little brother can not attend a game he can give his to one of my (older) mates?

thats what i was asking mate. cause theoretically, anybody, however old or young could walk in with your smartcard and get into the ground.

Guest shane

It will come up on the machine whether is it an adult, child oap under 7 etc. I asked the club this already.

You can pay the difference on a game by game basis and kids can go in on adults.

Yup as someone else already said, there will probably be some sort of lights system where any concession flashes a different colour. There will still be a turnstile operator who will then just check that the person coming through as a concession is entitled to have that card.

They've had the system at the JJB Stadium in Wigan for a few years, works pretty well, we regularly get crowds in excess of 14,000 for rugby matches and have very few problems. My smartcard has my name printed on it in case it gets lost or stolen, and the cards issued can be replaced and the old cards deactivated like credit cards.

West Brom have thje bar code scanner and still have people on each turnstile. I take it their job is to make sure people have correct tickets and search everyone.

There will be a lot more searches next year me thinks.

Also at Coventry - but no operators if I recall & incidentaly no problems getting in

and Sheff Utd where there were defo no operators only stewards waiting the other side to open doors if people had any problems - now here there were a few problems getting in due to people not going through correct turnstiles and therefore tickets not working

The above were barcoded tickets so only carried so much info

The smartcard will have the capacity to carry a lot more information but I would think will work along same principles

However they work it should be fairly simple to use as all us football supporters are thick as planks remember

well my mate says first home game of the season to get down there and in there early because all the machine things will crash with all 14,000 people trying to get in

Wearing my doomlord/utter cynic hat this is what I expect will happen on the first game of the season. Should make for some entertaining forum posting if nothing else.

I install these systems for a living, its just a access control system that most offices use to monitor people in and out of their premises.

You could have your picture on the card if needed. Iris recognition is not really used but finger prints recognition is but I can't see the club going down that road to much hassel to log 14,000 people finger prints on to the data base.

This technology will give the club a bit of new data ie they will now know what time you enter the stadium.

Ps one tip, take your time when presenting your card to the reader wait for the green light on the reader then push the turnstile the biggest problem I see is people rushing and not presenting thier card correctly and the start pushing kicking the door and blaming the stupid card and then when I test it works every single time.

Being an honest kid but, paradoxically, a crafty wee bugger I have swindled West Ham in the past, buying an u16 ticket at the age of 17. There were stewards present but the light just went green and nobody was any the wiser. Final score West Ham 2 - 0 Sunderland

Guest DanC
I install these systems for a living, its just a access control system that most offices use to monitor people in and out of their premises.

You could have your picture on the card if needed. Iris recognition is not really used but finger prints recognition is but I can't see the club going down that road to much hassel to log 14,000 people finger prints on to the data base.

This technology will give the club a bit of new data ie they will now know what time you enter the stadium.

Ps one tip, take your time when presenting your card to the reader wait for the green light on the reader then push the turnstile the biggest problem I see is people rushing and not presenting thier card correctly and the start pushing kicking the door and blaming the stupid card and then when I test it works every single time.

We have a smart card system in work which also uses turnstiles to enter and exit the building. Very easy process, Swipe, Green light, Enter. As you probably know we then have a couple of seconds to enter otherwise we have to re-swipe. It will take a while for people to get used to the system especially those that are not that hot on technology but once they are used to it then they will wonder what all the fuss was about. Does anyone know if work has already started on installing the new systems or are they waiting until after the Bon Jovi concert? Will the POTD tickets also be the same as what Coventry have where you just pass the ticket under the bar code reader?

I got a phone call on Thursday from the ticket office asking for some details so they could finalise the ST's I've bought. She said they are gearing up to sending them out asap.

I suppose that means this month - but there will be 14,000 of them so it could take some time and there may be some problems with the cards.

It may be that some supporters will find themselves locked out at the first game - best get there early and bring the receipt just in case....

Woo hoo! :icecream: How very exciting, smart cards out this month, fixtures out this month, DvD out this month!!! Who needs new signings with all this going on....... :noexpression:

Archived