IGNORED

The Wembley Experience: Premier League Losing Fans?

chowie

Watching England, to me, is about supporting your nation - it doesn't matter who's in the squad whether it's Frank Lampard or Richie Wellens in the team - you just support!

Living in places like Wiltshire and Devon - these are counties that, I would say, are dominated by fans who support Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal - and they cling on to every word muttered from some form of Rupert Murdoch's media machine. Those who cannot see what's going wrong in footall today.

I would say that football's "soul" still remains in the lower leagues (some more than others) - and obviously the further you go down the tiers the more you see it and it is important to watch these leagues to get a true essence of English football.

The Premier League is the holy grail - we all want to be there but at the same time rue the fact what you would also lose many of the things that made you love watching football in the first place.

Now I live the Newcastle, you have a city that is absolutely obsessed with Newcastle United - but clearly ignores anything beyond that team - if these fans were so obsessed about football why are Gateshead's attendances so poor considering this?

I'm not sure I've answered your question but it was good post so I felt obliged to reply.

Rich

Archived