IGNORED

Quick Question Regarding Tickets

Bris Red

After 6 years i am not going to get a season tickets this year along with a few mates, bar last season when we stood in east end were in dolman but this season weve just decided to pick and choose are games and go to more away ones.

We were wondering what is the best way of getting tickets for big away games and home games other than a season ticket????

I was told about the city foundtion or the supporters club but we were not sure what to do.

Any one got any suggestions cuse I'm really not keen on reling on general sale next season

Mnay thanks :englandsmile4wf:

Whilst it is great that the Trust is so highly regarded, it would seem strange that a non-trust member who is not a season ticket holder could go to several games and potentially miss out on a ticket to a big game to somebody who may not go to any games, but, pay £1 a month just in case of a biggy (and I appreciate nobody in this thread is inferring they would do this).

I suppose it just highlights why a loyalty scheme is so key to ensure this doesn't happen?

Whilst it is great that the Trust is so highly regarded, it would seem strange that a non-trust member who is not a season ticket holder could go to several games and potentially miss out on a ticket to a big game to somebody who may not go to any games, but, pay £1 a month just in case of a biggy (and I appreciate nobody in this thread is inferring they would do this).

I suppose it just highlights why a loyalty scheme is so key to ensure this doesn't happen?

Isnt this what the smart card is going to do though? Will see who has attended what away games so priority can be given to loyal supporters? With 14k season ticket holders theres going to be a big demand for away tickets next season. Will mean that potentially tickets for away matches may not go on general sale.

Isnt this what the smart card is going to do though? Will see who has attended what away games so priority can be given to loyal supporters? With 14k season ticket holders theres going to be a big demand for away tickets next season. Will mean that potentially tickets for away matches may not go on general sale.

I presume that would only be the case if you purchased your away ticket through the club using your smart card rather than paying on the day?

Does anyone know if anyone can get a smart card, even those exiles oop north who go to 10+ away games per season in the north and midlands?

I presume that would only be the case if you purchased your away ticket through the club using your smart card rather than paying on the day?

Does anyone know if anyone can get a smart card, even those exiles oop north who go to 10+ away games per season in the north and midlands?

Well Ive just assumed that the smart card was for season ticket holders. Whether the club are introducing a membership for exiles I don't know. Maybe this is worth taking up with the club or the St?

The membership scheme is a completely different thing to the Smart Cards.

Membership scheme/smart cards and the loyalty scheme are seperate. The club said they will reward supporters with a points style scheme for attending games.

Do you believe it would be right to 'jump the queue' and be able to attain priority tickets for home and away games simply by joining an organisation you presumably would not join otherwise, for the princely sum of £1 a month?

Tht priority is costing others up to and for some over £500 a season.

CLUB MEMBERSHIP

Ed Furniss talked through a proposal for a club membership scheme for next season.

The meeting was broadly supportive of the proposal and pleased that the scheme would reflect supporter loyalty.

Like season ticket holders, from 2008/09 members would also be able to use smart cards instead of tickets to gain entry to the ground.These cards could also be used at away grounds where the technology was in place. Cards would also enable members to book their seat online.

A concern was raised that more memberships would be sold than seats available. EF explained that a membership was not intended to be a secondary season ticket. Members would not be guaranteed a seat but instead offered tickets on a priority first-come, first-served basis ahead of non-members. While season ticket holders would continue to receive priority for cup and away games, for in-demand home matches - such as play-offs or big cup ties - the new system would enable the club to give priority to those supporters who had attended on a regular basis, something that fans had been asking for.

There was discussion on whether to award loyalty points on a match-by-match basis. It was generally felt that the scheme should be given a chance to "walk before it could run". Loyalty points could be brought in over time, and phased in alongside an e-purse scheme if this proved suitable.

From http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1321500,00.html

Would this mean an end to pay on the day tickets? I don't potd personally, if I'm back from uni and we've got a game I make sure I book as early as possible to make damn sure I'm at AG. Some older folk who don't use the internet would struggle, guess they could phone up though. O.k now I'm just jabbering sorry........

I'm guessing without knowing anything that the membership scheme would be just a plastic card like a tesco card or similar with a magnetic strip on it and you just swipe it inside the turnstile or a machine just inside the ground and if other clubs have it then you can do the same at their grounds - the computer recognises the swipe and adds the fact that you attended the game - so for POTD customers, as long as they got their membersip swipe card they just need to remember to bring it to the game - for ST holders they will either have 2 cards (ST and Membership card) or they could incorporate it into the ST.

As I said I know nothing but that's my guess.

Do you believe it would be right to 'jump the queue' and be able to attain priority tickets for home and away games simply by joining an organisation you presumably would not join otherwise, for the princely sum of £1 a month?

Tht priority is costing others up to and for some over £500 a season.

Aren't you the person who begged a voucher from a ST holder for the PO final to avoid waiting for tickets to go general sale?

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=99259&hl=

Isn't that jumping the queue?

Do you have evidence that people have joined any of the previous priority groups just to get tickets for big games?

Aren't you the person who begged a voucher from a ST holder for the PO final to avoid waiting for tickets to go general sale?

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=99259&hl=

Isn't that jumping the queue?

Do you have evidence that people have joined any of the previous prioriy groups just to get tickets for big games?

Far from it, I could get a ticket from another priority group I belong to but didnt as mentioned previously, these were for others who weren't in any priority group, are all dedicated exiles who attend all away fixtures in the north and midlands. These exiles should get priority over those who go on the daytrip big games.

Yes it was on here that some had joined the ST primarily for that reason, I'm pretty sure you took part in the thread yourself. I well remember being touted to become an ST member and the main reason the (at the time) Trust Board member focussed on was being in a priority group after ST Holders for match tickets.

There is also evidence above that someone was going to, as you have clearly already read.

Far from it, I could get a ticket from another priority group I belong to but didnt as mentioned previously, these were for others who weren't in any priority group, are all dedicated exiles who attend all away fixtures in the north and midlands. These exiles should get priority over those who go on the daytrip big games.

Yes it was on here that some had joined the ST primarily for that reason, I'm pretty sure you took part in the thread yourself. I well remember being touted to become an ST member and the main reason the (at the time) Trust Board member focussed on was being in a priority group after ST Holders for match tickets.

There is also evidence above that someone was going to, as you have clearly already read.

I note you continually mention the ST when criticising this practise of the club recognising priority groups yet seem happy that members of the SC, City Reds, Foundation etc were also given priority, many of whom pay less than £1 a month.

Although this whole issue is now academic, I can see nothing wrong in having priority groups.

Money from all of the previous priority groups goes to the club in one way or another and it is not even as though priority group members are paying less for their tickets. Perhaps more importantly though, they are all working for the benefit of the club and by their members getting priority for tickets is one way for the club to recognise this.

Furthermore as it is likely that every member of the erstwhile priority groups are in fact City fans then I really cannot see what your problem is. Many members of the various groups are exiles, many live abroad and being a member of a fans organisation is a way of not only making a contribution to the club financially, it also gives them a sense of involvement and contact with the club.

Next season the priority groups are likely to be ST holders and members of the soon to announced club scheme. However, with 14,000 ST holders it is unlikely that few, if any, tickets for big games will go to general sale and club members may not even get any if the club continue with their current policy of letting ST holders have two tickets.

Your presumption is quite incorrect on more than one count. It is wholly wrong that any 'City fan' who just goes to the big games can be included for priority tickets by paying a pound or even less to any City based organisation to the exclusion/detriment of regular attendees at games who do not 'belong' to any priority group. If the ST cannot appreciate that then they truly cannot claim to represent City supporters in a fair and correct manner.

It could have become an absurd situation where everyone just signs up for a priority group. You continue to ask for evidence of individuals joining the Trust purely to gain priority rights yet one of your own Board Members is seen to actively encourage this above, not for the first time. Sometime ago there was such an admittance of joining the ST on this very forum. Add to that my own experience of being touted to join.

I have nothing against the ST as you and others have quite incorrectly tried to advocate. In fact when in the position of Editor of the Net Centre I provided Mark and others the use of the site to advocate a Supporters Trust for Bristol City FC, thus gaining access to news feeds etc to promote the idea further afield that merely readers of this forum.

I'd be interested to know how much of the £1 a month goes, as you claim, directly to the club?

The issue from my point of view is, I want a way of being in a priority group, but a season ticket isn't financially viable for me - given I live in Norfolk and coach football on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

A loyalty scheme is great for those who alreay go to a lot of games, but for those of us who can't attend as many as we'd like, but want to make a smaller financial investment in the club to show our support and have some ticket priority, it isn't necessarily the answer.

With the above in mind, I chose to become a City Foundation member. The money goes into the youth development and training facilities at the club, so I hope that this investment will be rewarded by being given a certain priority level on tickets in future, as it was this season.

The City Foundation doesn't actually list Priority Group for tickets in the blurb and so although this was true last season doesn't necessarily mean it will in the future.

Benefits are listed HERE

As another exile it is tough trying to get tickets for certain games away games, but we don't complain, we know the ST holders are the ones who keep this club financially viable and should have priority on games where we are likely to sell out. The PO Final was the exception as it wouldn't have sold out to ST holders, hence why some hard core exiles tried to 'jump the queue' ahead of the glory seekers / day trippers and quite rightly in my humble opinion. You didn't see that happening for Wolves away for which none of us exiles that I know managed to get a ticket. Many also failed to get one for Leicester away as ST's were given priority and rightly so.

I do agree with Tompo's point regarding two tickets for ST holders for restricted attendance away games, that is quite unfair.

I don't just want tickets for the 'big games' as some of you put it i want to go to most away games last season i went to quite a few and without my season ticket it would have been a nightmare.

I'm just asking what other way can i become in a priority group, il pay whatever it takes a month just so i can get tickets for the majority of home and away games. The only reason we didnt renew this year is that they in my opinion the club did it all to quickly and dint inform any of us by post like they usually do. I just logged on to bcfc one morning and found out my eastend seat had been sold without me even really being given a chance to renew it.

I am not one of these 'big game' fans at all ive had a season ticket since 99 and to be fair i I'm pretty gutted ive not got one this season to be honest.

I am far from obsessed thank you.

Perhaps I haven't explained myself well enough.

It is wholly wrong for individuals to be able to obtain priority for big game tickets by simply paying a nominal amount to join ANY City based organisation. Some have undoubtedly done so, and have admitted so. Bris Red would have joined the ST if the opportunity was likely to remain in place this coming season.

Why you are attempting to defend this is beyond my simple comprehension. A Supporters Trust should aim to ensure fairness. Just because other fans groups had the priority status in place does not make it fair, it obviously wasn't.

I am delighted Priority Groups will no longer exist, priority for tickets should be given to those who pay through the nose to support this club with the purchase of their ST or are regular attendees through POTD. These should have priority over both exiles (even though I am one) and those who only want the odd day trip out. The sooner a loyalty type card system is introduced the better as far as I am concerned.

Archived