IGNORED

Player By Player Season Review - The Midfield

edson

Player By Player Season Review - The Midfield

Part two in a series of three.

Having looked at the goalkeepers and defenders yesterday, today Graham focuses on the midfield in our 2007/08 campaign.

Interesting, thoughtful and honest appraisal.

Can't help thinking that with continued improvement improvement from our key players next season (Carle, Marvin, Noble, a less injured Brooker, Trundle, Fonts next season) plus some key strenghthening up front and right wing... we could be a real force next year and push for auto...we have the momentum and belief.

good read, however did find some of the midfielder ratings ODD...

Sproule - 4

Betsy - 3

Russell - 5

Just strange how Betsy despite only one cameo sub role gets a 3, Russell plays one game gets a 5, yet Sproule who had a very mixed season but a poor tail end gets a 4?

very odd, but otherwise good report and summary

good read, however did find some of the midfielder ratings ODD...

Sproule - 4

Betsy - 3

Russell - 5

Just strange how Betsy despite only one cameo sub role gets a 3, Russell plays one game gets a 5, yet Sproule who had a very mixed season but a poor tail end gets a 4?

very odd, but otherwise good report and summary

Thanks.

Starting with my usual caveat "it's all about opinions", I felt Betsy's contribution of just 15 minutes this season couldn't merit any more than 3.

However Russell not only played a full 90 in his sole game but was a good squad man over a much longer period at the club.

Personally Sproule really disappointed me, few assists, just 2 goals and if the fee was the £500k I've heard, then I expect GJ would have wanted more from a major signing than he got this season.

Thanks.

Starting with my usual caveat "it's all about opinions", I felt Betsy's contribution of just 15 minutes this season couldn't merit any more than 3.

However Russell not only played a full 90 in his sole game but was a good squad man over a much longer period at the club.

Personally Sproule really disappointed me, few assists, just 2 goals and if the fee was the £500k I've heard, then I expect GJ would have wanted more from a major signing than he got this season.

I didn't realise it was you. I was going to post 'that bloke talks sense he does', I'll now change it to 'you talk sense you do!'!!!

You still got what i consider the hardest group to come yet though, but I know you will do just as good a report on our strikers!

Archived