IGNORED

Nicky Hunt

Deej-Legend

yes, i know its only a rumour, thought it was still a mention though. heard from a good friend of mine, who supports bolton, that nicky hunt could be on his way down here

personally, i think/hope its not true. would be pretty difficult to remove orr from the side.

As much as I love Orr and think he has done a great job for us Hunt is a very good defender that would be great to have to right backs of that class.

I have always liked Hunt though I know allot of people are not to fond of him because he can be quite aggressive mainly when under Big Sam.

I do think he would be a good signing but can not see it.

Would be an excellent signing - Premier League & European experience.

Sure Orr would love some competition for his place, think we all know he's not the sort of bloke to give up anything without a fight.

Show's the clubs ambition if it's true - going for Prem players.

yes, i know its only a rumour, thought it was still a mention though. heard from a good friend of mine, who supports bolton, that nicky hunt could be on his way down here

personally, i think/hope its not true. would be pretty difficult to remove orr from the side.

Was it that he was a good friend or the fact he was a Bolton fan that you knew his information could be credible or was it the combination of the - if he had been a good friend but a Sunderland that you knew he would be bullshitting?

Would be an excellent signing - Premier League & European experience.

Sure Orr would love some competition for his place, think we all know he's not the sort of bloke to give up anything without a fight.

Show's the clubs ambition if it's true - going for Prem players.

don't forget Orr is also a utility player. He was midfield before slotted into right back. Indirectly Orr could be the replacement for Russell :shutup:

He's one of those players I see on MOTD now and again and always think, "Who the hell is he?" :dunno:

Then the commentator says he's been playing in the Premier League for years, and I'm incredulous.

Anonymous sort of player, not exactly 'a signing to excite'. :whistle:

Was it that he was a good friend or the fact he was a Bolton fan that you knew his information could be credible or was it the combination of the - if he had been a good friend but a Sunderland that you knew he would be bullshitting?

sorry mate but why must i (yes i am the good friend) be bullshitting? he is a player that is surplus to requirements at the 'bok, and is not going to be wanted by to many PL teams, personally a move to a Bristol City, Palace and clubs around there would be a shrowd move!

sorry mate but why must i (yes i am the good friend) be bullshitting? he is a player that is surplus to requirements at the 'bok, and is not going to be wanted by to many PL teams, personally a move to a Bristol City, Palace and clubs around there would be a shrowd move!

What as in Turin...?

I thought we were interested in Nicky Hunt, not Jesus Christ ?

Mind you, that would be one hell of a signing.... :dance:

He's one of those players I see on MOTD now and again and always think, "Who the hell is he?" :dunno:

Then the commentator says he's been playing in the Premier League for years, and I'm incredulous.

Anonymous sort of player, not exactly 'a signing to excite'. :whistle:

I dunno, if we're looking to try and get up this year, a defender with Premier League experience is quite exciting isn't it ? God bless Bradley and all but he does make the odd bonehead error at right back.

I dunno, if we're looking to try and get up this year, a defender with Premier League experience is quite exciting isn't it ? God bless Bradley and all but he does make the odd bonehead error at right back.

I think we have to look at the complete package. He didn't get PFA votes for nothing. He does go forward and can score goals. His preferred position is midfield above defence

what kind of errors, cidereagle? he was almost my nominee for player of the season

I really don't want to get into a position where I'm slagging off one of my favourite players but there was the goal against Palace in the playoffs for starters. Its not just him, the whole defence has these lapses that makes me fear for them should we go up.

I do take the point cynic made though - the lad's a good learner and has improved every season. Could be ready for the Prem after we walk the Champ this year, who knows ?

Nicky Hunt does have good experience at the highest level, however he is a full back in a side that play long - his distribution will need to be better than a long hoof that Orr has done well to largely curb out of his game recently. He also has huge injury concerns, this is a player that on numerous occasions has dislocated his shoulder, meaning plenty of matches are missed. Add the fact he is a 'long throw' expert I think he makes any team into a negative side to watch, i.e Bromby for Watford at Ashton Gate with his constant long throws from anywhere in our half.

Granted, it shows ambition if we are trying to sign Premier League players, but for the money he will command in wages, is he a better option than PFA Team of the Year member Bradley Orr?

Ross Verbals

No, he may get done once - but that's it. He soon works it out the same as most good full backs.

This is one of the things that make me laugh about many City supporters. Our wingers such as Sproule and McIndoe are EXPECTED to go past their full-back every f00k1n time yet if Bradley gets beat twice in 90 minutes then he was totally skinned and had an absolute shocker. Orr was the most improved player in our side last season and if he carries on in the same vein this season then we have a very good Championship player. Anyone who doubts Orr ought to go and have a word with Carey, McCombe and Fontaine and ask them about the defensive cover he gives them (the less glamourous side of the game that often gets ignored). However I still believe that both full backs need competition for their place to bring out the best in them, Sadly, as much as people want him to be, the non-tackling, poor positional sense and ball watching of Brian Wilson will never be competition for Orr in my opinion. Yes, he's decent going forward but Championship standard defender he most certainly isn't. And personally I always like defenders who can DEFEND first and foremost.

Deej and Mehmet - my apologies I was thinking that Nicky Hunt plays for Reading and not for Bolton - apologies again.

I was mixing Steve Hunt and Nicky Shorey to get that well known duo of Steve Shorey and Nicky Hunt.....

no problem mate, easy mistake

id just like to point out that Nicky is one of the best passers and also quickets players in our squad :)

Archived