IGNORED

Question

funky monkey

I always thought we were the only club to be relegated from the top flight to the bottom division in successive seasons. I know we were the first but i have a friend who is adamant that there have been other clubs but he cant remember who?

Clarity on the situation who be greatful and my answer being correct even sweeter :fingerscrossed:

I always thought we were the only club to be relegated from the top flight to the bottom division in successive seasons. I know we were the first but i have a friend who is adamant that there have been other clubs but he cant remember who?

Clarity on the situation who be greatful and my answer being correct even sweeter :fingerscrossed:

Wolves I believe did it in the mid 80's.

I think Northampton did it before City.

They were founder members of the Old Money Fourth Division in 1958 59 , and within six seasons had made it all the way up to the First Division (1964 / 65).

But they went down in successive seasons from 1965 / 66 to 1968 / 69.

**** me, I'm so sad ...

I think Northampton did it before City.

They were founder members of the Old Money Fourth Division in 1958 59 , and within six seasons had made it all the way up to the First Division (1964 / 65).

But they went down in successive seasons from 1965 / 66 to 1968 / 69.

**** me, I'm so sad ...

No they didn't. Northampton managed to avoid relegation from the old 3rd division in 67/68 but went down the season after. :innocent06:

COBBLERS!!!

Actually I've just seen the reply from Sarasin above and stand corrected!!

You're bloody right ! I've held that to be true since I was about eight ... fair play to you mate, you're sadder than even me

I suppose you're going to tell me that Des O'Connor never played for Northampton now ...

I would say factual rather than sad. :tongue:

Des O'Connor?,,,,,,sounds like a quiz question....Yes, he did play for Northampton Town. I expect their supporters would prefer to remember Dave Bowen who was the manager that took them from the 4th to the 1st. :)

Wolverhampton Wanderers did the same thing from 1984 to 1986

No they didn't. Swansea managed to avoid relegation from the old 3rd division in 84/85 but went down the season after. :innocent06:

Remember this as a young un - wanted the Swans to avoid relegation to the bottom division so they avoided the same fate as us - my dad reminded me that few clubs had sympathy for us when we were in their position....!!

Archived