IGNORED

Nicky Maynard

Jesus

Its been written in the Mirror today that Middlesbrough are leading the way in the race to sign Maynard.

I know some of you including myself are keen on this fella, shame if we missed out.

I think we're going to sign Leroy Lita, I've heard from 3 seperate people who are close to the club that this is happening/the wheels are in motion.... but lets wait and see, rumours our rumours at the end of the day...

''Middlesbrough are leading the race to sign Crewe's £1m-rated striker Nicky Maynard'' (Daily Mirror)

Yeah I'm very keen on Maynard too. He's looked very good recently which is probably why a club like Middlesbrough are after him (apparently). As you said though rumours are just that most of the time, rumours!

Boro have been tracking him for a while but the source is the Mirror which probably means they're just dredging up old news. The fee is what interests me because at £1m he'd be and absolute snip.

Don't think Leroy will be coming back. My money's on him going to Pompey. :ph34r:

Why would Maynard want to go to Middlesborough?

He's still young, why would he go to a club and be 4th or 5th choice striker behind Alves,Aliadiere,Lee Dong Gook and Mido (Ok not too sure about being behind Gook - but you get my point).

If I was Maynard, I think I would go to a club that would give me a chance of starting regulalrly - like City or for that matter another CCC club.

Why would Maynard want to go to Middlesborough?

1, Premier League football

2, better coaching to make him a better player

3, £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Who would you sign for if given the chance? Middlesborough on about £15,000 a week, or Charlton on £7,000 a week.........exactly. If given the chance, to turn down Boro would be daft

1, Premier League football

2, better coaching to make him a better player

3, £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Who would you sign for if given the chance? Middlesborough on about £15,000 a week, or Charlton on £7,000 a week.........exactly. If given the chance, to turn down Boro would be daft

1. How much Prem Football do you think he would get at Boro behind the strikers listed in my first post?

2. How do we know what the coaching at Boro is like? If Southgate is anything to go by it would be SH%%%t

3. On the money front, don't forget Charlton still have the financial clout of the Parachute payments for another year, so they would be able to offer a decent salary, but the truth of it is we don't know how much teams like Charlton play their players.

Yes to turn down Boro would be daft especially if Maynard loves playing in the reserves in an absolute hole of a city.

1. How much Prem Football do you think he would get at Boro behind the strikers listed in my first post?

2. How do we know what the coaching at Boro is like? If Southgate is anything to go by it would be SH%%%t

3. On the money front, don't forget Charlton still have the financial clout of the Parachute payments for another year, so they would be able to offer a decent salary, but the truth of it is we don't know how much teams like Charlton play their players.

Yes to turn down Boro would be daft especially if Maynard loves playing in the reserves in an absolute hole of a city.

1, Like any proffesional footballer, he must be confident he could break into the first team at some point

2, they are a Premier League outfit with Premier League facilities

3, the point I was making with Charlton is, like you have with Charlton, Maynard has no links with Bristol City, so why would he want to choose us over Boro...I'm certain you would choose Boro over Charlton?

The most important factor is ££££££££££, like any normal human being he will go where the money is

Archived