IGNORED

European Opposition At Ag

bristolcitysweden

Thats different because they play more friendlies and play better team, as well as weaker ones.

So far we have very weak teams lined up so we need the best team possible.

Why? So they can beat us heavily?

I would much rather go to places like forest green who actually up their game when we play them, like last year when they beat us.

If Willem II fans hadnt been in the EE then you wouldnt give two hoots about them and they are not well known.

Ah yes, thats the only reason i know why the exist.

Nothing about city fans going over there, or them over here.

Or them treating city fans extremely well when they go over.

They had offers from, Birmingham, Watford, Fulham, they are also playing at home to Espanyol.

If Willem II fans hadnt been in the EE then you wouldnt give two hoots about them and they are not well known.

I suppose friendships between two groups of supporters from different football clubs are lost on some people

especially those who know little about european football

But now they have been in there surely it's benficial for the club to try to form a bond.

Personally, i'm not bothered who we play, just I can see the advantages playing Willem would give.

You and your high horse, Henry. It's pretty pathetic.

what a stupid comment to make.

Just because you haven't heard of them, it doesn't mean they aren't well know, They are a more popular Europe Wide than Bristol City are...though hopefully one day that will change.

The are fully established within the top flight of Dutch Football and have played a number of seasons in European competitions including the 99/00 when the played in the Champions League Group Stages, former players include Jaap Stam and Marc Overmars.

Personally speaking.......I think they would be a perfect opponent for a pre-season game maybe not in terms of drawing a crowd, but a perfect test for us in terms of ability.......personally and selfishly I'd love to see us playing my other team in Heerenveen

I've never been a fan of foreign tours my reasoning being that the pre season is to get geared up for the next season campain right?

Well playing foreign teams that have different styles of play in my opinion doesn't help us beat english teams with an english style of play. I mean hoofball isn't seen very often in alot of european footballing places since it's not the style thier fans will watch.

I think we struggle against hoofball teams simply because it's not our style of play and it throws us off our game. Maybe we should play more hoofball teams in the pre season so that we can get used to breaking them down?

what a stupid comment to make.

Just because you haven't heard of them, it doesn't mean they aren't well know, They are a more popular Europe Wide than Bristol City are...though hopefully one day that will change.

The are fully established within the top flight of Dutch Football and have played a number of seasons in European competitions including the 99/00 when the played in the Champions League Group Stages, former players include Jaap Stam and Marc Overmars.

Personally speaking.......I think they would be a perfect opponent for a pre-season game maybe not in terms of drawing a crowd, but a perfect test for us in terms of ability.......personally and selfishly I'd love to see us playing my other team in Heerenveen

tonight showed how valuable dutch opposition can be

prior to swansea winning the third division, they went on a pre-season tour of holland

would be great to play willem ii

our club shop would be very busy

Archived