IGNORED

God Damn Banks

dezgimed

Aside from the fact that H***fax continuously con me with their overdraft rules and fines, they have now gone a step further.

I admit I don't have the full message as my mum has only given me the main details, but apparently they've written to me and said my overdraft will end soon.

What the ****, I'm a frigging student, in year 3 of a 4 year course, with £2,500 chalked up on it.

I can pay it off by Sept, but then have no money. Friggin' typical.

With all the hype over banks screwing people over at the moment, reckon I can talk them out of it?

If they do it, they can kiss goodbye to getting their mits my lucrative starting salary next year. Arseholes.

Rant over. Bloody hate banks.

:disapointed2se:

Aside from the fact that H***fax continuously con me with their overdraft rules and fines, they have now gone a step further.

I admit I don't have the full message as my mum has only given me the main details, but apparently they've written to me and said my overdraft will end soon.

What the ###### I'm a frigging student, in year 3 of a 4 year course, with £2,500 chalked up on it.

With all the hype over banks screwing people over at the moment, reckon I can talk them out of it?

If they do it, they can kiss goodbye to getting their mits my lucrative starting salary next year. Arseholes.

They would see you as a risky customer if you keep chalking up fines, but yes you can probably talk them out of it. You are at the start of the journey in their eyes and have pensions, investments, savings, morgages amd insurance all ahead of you for them to make money from you.

I would guess they would keep you but an overdraft is always only a short term option!

They would see you as a risky customer if you keep chalking up fines, but yes you can probably talk them out of it. You are at the start of the journey in their eyes and have pensions, investments, savings, morgages amd insurance all ahead of you for them to make money from you.

I would guess they would keep you but an overdraft is always only a short term option!

I've been screwed over by their OD rules and fines. Properly conned by the T&C's...

Usual one is putting cash in the day before a DD goes out, and then being charged because it was in '24 hours' before the DD date, despite my balance having sufficient funds in before the money goes out.

Basically being charged for going over my OD, without going over it, because I 'could' have gone over it...

Bastards.

I've been screwed over by their OD rules and fines. Properly conned by the T&C's...

Usual one is putting cash in the day before a DD goes out, and then being charged because it was in '24 hours' before the DD date, despite my balance having sufficient funds in before the money goes out.

Basically being charged for going over my OD, without going over it, because I 'could' have gone over it...

Bastards.

Your overdraft will probably expire at the end of June as this is the end of the college year. What year of college are you in? This usually depends on how much you can borrow. In my bank the overdraft is tierd e.g £1250 year 1 £1400 year 2 £1600 year 3 and so on. Its designed so that students don't get into too much debt whilst studying. If you have any problems you should have a student adviser on campus who can help you with your debts. He/she may be able to give you an increase in your overdraft.

Gawd..... big it up why don't you....... more like Wife,kids and kiss goobye to a pension, savings etc ;)

Hey it's not me talking...... just the big wide world :)

What the ###### I'm a frigging student, in year 3 of a 4 year course, with £2,500 chalked up on it.

Yet they're the ones funding you when you've got no money.... :dunno:

When they say your overdraft will end - do they just mean it's up for review? They review them all annually and never kick up a fuss about renewing mine as long as I have monthly salary going in there. I've picked up the odd charge along the way.

Oh, and write and complain about the charges (google for how to do it) you will get most of them back once the OFT court case is over.

If you don't have a regular salary going in then every bank will eventually remove the overdraft. Usually they will let you come to an arrangement to pay it off in the form of a loan.

It is feasible there are plenty out there who do 2 jobs just to make ends meet, some of us do 12 or 16 hours every time we go to work.

If you get in debt you have to pay it off, pretty simple really. If I miss mortgage payments then I loose my house, thems the rules!!!

I fully understand the rules, but 4 years of study (to ensure a decent enough graduate job) supported by banks with a couple of grand isnt alot to ask.

Once graduated I'm sure I can pay it off in a few months no problem, which the banks themselves know.

Archived