IGNORED

Super Scott Murray (merged)

Red Head

Don't know if Scot reads this forum but I' d like to thank him for presiding at the Ashton Boys presentation last night.

Scott was on stage for 3 hours shaking the hands of each child, (over 400 of them), and posing for photographs and autographs. Not once did he not have a smile on his face and actively laughed and joked with the children, all for the princely sum of a pint of 'thorn!

This man is a legend and the kids loved him. Well done Scott!

This is one of the main reasons that I believe Scott should stay at the club, nothing ever seems to much for him and as you said the kids love him. If he hasn't started taking his coaching badges then you should be doing Mr Murray as I hope that his enthusiasm for the game we can harness and pass onto the future generations.

This is one of the main reasons that I believe Scott should stay at the club, nothing ever seems to much for him and as you said the kids love him. If he hasn't started taking his coaching badges then you should be doing Mr Murray as I hope that his enthusiasm for the game we can harness and pass onto the future generations.

In an age where everything is for money or publicity I feel that this kind of unsung behaviour goes a long way in the community. If he were to have a testimonial I know 4oo Ashton players would be there!

scotty has always been a fans favourite and it was a sad day when he left us for Reading,but understood as he was playing at a higher level. I remember thinking how great it was when we re-signed him in 2004 alöng with hundreds of others on this forum! Whenever scott is off the field he always gives time to stop and chat to his fans. I'm sure Gary Johnson feels the same too as Scott is a great player to have in the dressing room. Lets hope that scott has a future role at the club like the one Alan Walsh has. He would make a great coach for the youngsters.

I too have had the pleasure of meeting Scotty a couple of times. He is such an infectious character and has an obvious love for this club. He is surely destined for a job in the academy as he is excellent with the kids too!

He must stay at City as to see Scotty in any other shirt would be horrible now!

Scott was at the ashton boys football presentation last night, his boy plays for the under 7's. I asked him if he was going to sign another contract, he said " yes i love the club ". TOP MAN

Told you that after I saw him on last game of the season.

Apparantly sisiter in law (who was at the presentation last night) asked him 'so you thinking of going to Swindon' to which he replied....'am I ######...!!'

Told you that after I saw him on last game of the season.

Apparantly sisiter in law (who was at the presentation last night) asked him 'so you thinking of going to Swindon' to which he replied....'am I ######...!!'

Scott will be a City legend. I expect to see him at the Ashton tournament, nice if he could bring a few friends along!

He also took time to Phone my friend today who is kinda infatuated with him, just to say wish her good luck for her A-levels (Link with his neighbour being her teacher).

Also remember him sending me a reply-thankyou card, and an easter card when I sent him a letter when I was younger (I know, I was pretty cool as a youngster)

The Man Is a Legend. Give him a testimonial, One half of Mr and Mr Bristol City

Don't know if Scot reads this forum but I' d like to thank him for presiding at the Ashton Boys presentation last night.

Scott was on stage for 3 hours shaking the hands of each child, (over 400 of them), and posing for photographs and autographs. Not once did he not have a smile on his face and actively laughed and joked with the children, all for the princely sum of a pint of 'thorn!

This man is a legend and the kids loved him. Well done Scott!

Well although iv never met the man he sounds a legend.

I remember a few years back (i think when i was in year 5) not definitely sure but it was at the end of the season when leroy scored all those goals and he came to do my presentation and he just stood there with two body guards on the phone, not waiting to leave, as he tried to get in his car i passed him my ball and said 'lets see some skill', he did 6 keepy ups and got in his car and drove off. Contrast in attitudes there i think.

Well although iv never met the man he sounds a legend.

I remember a few years back (i think when i was in year 5) leroy came to do my presentation and he just stood there with two body guards

Leroy had 2 bodyguards to go and do a year 5 presentation? To 'protect' him from nine and ten year olds? :dunno:

You must have had some tough year 5's at your school - at most Primary school's Leroy and 2 burly bodyguards turning up would scare the kiddies half to death. :shocking::gaah:

Leroy had 2 bodyguards to go and do a year 5 presentation? To 'protect' him from nine and ten year olds? :dunno:

You must have had some tough year 5's at your school - at most Primary school's Leroy and 2 burly bodyguards turning up would scare the kiddies half to death. :shocking::gaah:

no no no well you know like to people in black suits stood by him if you get me, i was in year 5 but our football club goes up to U16s

I think its worth mentioning that Scotty might also have an active part to play in next seasons promotion push - before we send him off down the coaching route. For that to happen, you've got to think that it probably wont be out wide right - more likley playing through the middle off dele or something. GJ obviously values having scotty as an option - even if he doesnt use that option regularly.

Quality footballer and quality bloke.

You say he was given a pint of blackthorn?

I'm disgusted, he should keep a clean body and be a proper athlete.

I too was at the presentation and was amazed at how long he was on that stage for, and in that heat under the lights, fair play to him, top man, hope to see him at the "Ashton Boys" tournament next month with "Frankie"

Bristol kids, scared ? Not sure about that Noggers, but they may well have been blinded by the ever increasing size of his diamond earrings.

As to Mr Murray, he may very well be an ideal addition to the Academy, however the required coaching certificates are required for him as for anyone else.

Good or charismatic players don't necessarily make good coaches, likewise some very average players make good coaches/managers, like GJ and KM. Scotty, get yourself qualified, although I would imagine that GJ/SL already have you on that track.

WTF's going on here? This is OTIB FFS :disapointed2se: Scott Murray has always been a lazy *******, never had any pace, couldn't finish to save his life, and is a disgrace to the shirt. Off the pitch he's a right *** I've heard - and never puts the toilet seat down (no that's not a collymore-esque metaphor!!).

Who's with me.... :tumbleweed:

WTF's going on here? This is OTIB FFS :disapointed2se: Scott Murray has always been a lazy *******, never had any pace, couldn't finish to save his life, and is a disgrace to the shirt. Off the pitch he's a right *** I've heard - and never puts the toilet seat down (no that's not a collymore-esque metaphor!!).

Who's with me.... :tumbleweed:

I am Leroy..

Funny story about Murray actually, one of my workmates was away on a rugby tournament a few years ago and Murray was there watching one of his mates, it was a Sunday and it was summer and whilst Murray was at the bar he turned round to everyone and said "Right, who's getting drunk as **** tonight then?" to which they turned round and said "Nah, sorry Scotty we got work in the morning!. He sarcastically looked at his watch then said "Oh, what a shame, i don't go back for another 6 weeks :D :D :D

Funny story about Murray actually, one of my workmates was away on a rugby tournament a few years ago and Murray was there watching one of his mates, it was a Sunday and it was summer and whilst Murray was at the bar he turned round to everyone and said "Right, who's getting drunk as **** tonight then?" to which they turned round and said "Nah, sorry Scotty we got work in the morning!. He sarcastically looked at his watch then said "Oh, what a shame, i don't go back for another 6 weeks :D :D :D

Sounds just the sort of thing Scotty would say to either

a) raise a laugh

b) wind the listeners up

c) play on the idea that footballers let themselves go for 6 weeks every summer & gain 2 stone before losing it all the weekend before they report back - as if!

Archived