IGNORED

Jacki

Sargent Pepper

Dariusz Dziekanowski (born September 30, 1962 in Warszawa) is a Polish football trainer and former player. He started his career at Polonia Warszawa, between 1973-79, throughout the youth set-up and into a very young first team, but went to ŁKS Łódź from 1979-83.

Having not impressed the coach during his final season he moved to Widzew Łódź in 1985. However, the following year he was selected in the Poland FIFA World Cup squad. He won the Polish Cup in 1989. He also had a minor career in archery, in 1988. He decided to move to Celtic F.C. in 1989 and became a fan favourite after scoring an amazing four goals in a nail-biting European Cup Winners' Cup tie against Partizan Belgrade. However, he never quite established himself at Celtic and left to join Bristol City in 1992.

Troubled years followed where he travelled all around Europe, but eventually he found himself settled back in Warszawa in his retirement season of 1996-97. Since his retirement, he has worked in Polish television as a football commentator. Since mid-2006 he is an assistant of Leo Beenhakker for the Poland national football team.

He has also been youth coach U18 at a Polish Club Academy

His ex wife Sarah still lives in Bristol with their son Tom

Anyone spot City legde on Jacki Dziekanowski sat on the Poland bench during tonight's game? I knew he was involved with the Polish set up but didn't realise he was so much to do with the 1st team. Poland now have a new fan!!!

they have a tough job to qualify now.

i watched eurosport just, to catch him...russell osman was commentating...and the other guy kinda went "wow look at that on the poland bench!" and ten went on to describe the legend that is mr dariusz dziekanowski, but i could almost hear osman holding his tongue all he could say was, "jacki, to his mates" he's not one of the 2 or 3 is he? (DD that is)

i watched eurosport just, to catch him...russell osman was commentating...and the other guy kinda went "wow look at that on the poland bench!" and ten went on to describe the legend that is mr dariusz dziekanowski, but i could almost hear osman holding his tongue all he could say was, "jacki, to his mates" he's not one of the 2 or 3 is he? (DD that is)

The same Osman who would rather have Ian Baird than Jacki. :tomato:

Dariusz Dziekanowski (born September 30, 1962 in Warszawa) is a Polish football trainer and former player. He started his career at Polonia Warszawa, between 1973-79, throughout the youth set-up and into a very young first team, but went to ŁKS Łódź from 1979-83.

Having not impressed the coach during his final season he moved to Widzew Łódź in 1985. However, the following year he was selected in the Poland FIFA World Cup squad. He won the Polish Cup in 1989. He also had a minor career in archery, in 1988. He decided to move to Celtic F.C. in 1989 and became a fan favourite after scoring an amazing four goals in a nail-biting European Cup Winners' Cup tie against Partizan Belgrade. However, he never quite established himself at Celtic and left to join Bristol City in 1992.

Troubled years followed where he travelled all around Europe, but eventually he found himself settled back in Warszawa in his retirement season of 1996-97. Since his retirement, he has worked in Polish television as a football commentator. Since mid-2006 he is an assistant of Leo Beenhakker for the Poland national football team.

He has also been youth coach U18 at a Polish Club Academy

His ex wife Sarah still lives in Bristol with their son Tom

His boy played for Shirehampton u/14s last season in the Avon youth league division 1, didn't notice any similarities with his Father in the 2 games i saw hm play i'm afraid

And who do you think GJ would rather have?

Good question. The fact that he has paired Adebola with Trundle suggests he likes to combine strength and hard work with flair. Would have been interesting to see if he could have integrated Jacki. :dunno:

Archived