IGNORED

Clayton Or Burnell

Guest Rob

Looking at Citys bench today i was thinking why is burnell on the bench?????

Ok he can come on and sure things up but he aint the worlds best midfielder and has not played at the back in years. What i cant understand is why Clayton Fortune isnt on there instead of him because we have already seen the impact he can have coming off the bench as in the Brentford game. He can come on and gee things up abit and can get his head on balls which could lead to us chucking everything away like today.

With Tins looking tired, Wilkshire not producing how about Clayton starting in the centre of midfield from the start against Brighton. He is apparantly the 'most skillful player at the club' and he would surely help defend set pieces and crosses coming into the box with his abundance of height.

I think he should be given a break after all Wenger put his faith in Henry as a striker after converting him, why cant DW do the same with CF???????????

problem is do we really want to revert to a defensive partnership in central midfield ?

I thought it was rediculous not having clayton on the bench, knowing howard would dominate butler, yet he didn't put probably the only player we have that could cope with Howards pure size and power, on the bench.

Clayton or Burnell?

Burnell everytime for a midfield posistion everytime... (Clayton's a defender :angry: )

And how many time's have we complained about players playing out of posistion this season, and you want to do the same with Clayton??? Bit hypercritical aint it?

Clayton or Burnell?

Burnell everytime for a midfield posistion everytime... (Clayton's a defender :angry: )

And how many time's have we complained about players playing out of posistion this season, and you want to do the same with Clayton??? Bit hypercritical aint it?

nope, because clayton has far more technical ability than burnell will ever have. as willson has said clayton has ended up a defender puerly because he is 6'3. he looked good for the brief time he got played in midfield against brentford. clayton is a skillful player, he can pass, beat players, run with the ball. can burnell actually do any of these ?

Both Burnell and Clayton can come on and sure things up defensively - AGREED.

HOWEVER, Burnell has got nothing in his locker which can mean he comes on and changes the game with a spark or anything because quite frankly he wouldnt have the spark if he lit a cigarette by a live gas cannister whereas Clayton has got something to come on and change it, his strength and power can ruffle the oppositions feathers.

Burnell aint crap he just needs more chances. Caskey should be starting off and given a chance.
MORE CHANCES!!!!!!!!!!!! He was sat in our midfield for about 30 games rotting away our promotion chances.

I reckon Caskey should have been on the bench - surely he must offer something more than Burnell in midfield. Not sure about Fortune or Lita - agree with Wilson that now is the time for experienced players. But I guess Lita could have made a difference coming on late in the game (although he was pretty rubbish for the reserves the other day).

But Caskey should at least be on the bench!

Archived