IGNORED

Keith Millen

wiggles

What do people make of 'Millys' input?

How much credit does he deserve for the great times under Johnson, and therefore how much responsibility should he take for the failure of Tinnion, particularly bearing in mind that Tins was player/manager for a season, and Millen had extra input?

Key Member of the Coach Squad and part of the reason of why we are here now.

it's worth noting that if your mentioning that he was part of the "Tinnion setup" that the season when Tinnion was player manager, we did arguebly better than when Tinnion was just a Manager........so you could almost say that we were better when Millen had a "extra input"

no suprise that Millen was kept on after Tinnion left.

also interesting that Millen was made a scapegoat for part of Tinnion's failure......by Tinnion

Key Member of the Coach Squad and part of the reason of why we are here now.

it's worth noting that if your mentioning that he was part of the "Tinnion setup" that the season when Tinnion was player manager, we did arguebly better than when Tinnion was just a Manager........so you could almost say that we were better when Millen had a "extra input"

no suprise that Millen was kept on after Tinnion left.

also interesting that Millen was made a scapegoat for part of Tinnion's failure......by Tinnion

good points

and he seems to be the coach whilst GJ is teh manager, I wouldnt be suprised if KM took the training sessions just like he is in charge of pre match preperations. KM seems very vocal on the bench too, so it seems he is very important to the club as part of the management team

was a brilliant player too!!

Or maybe he is just a number two?

Some people are born to lead and manage, others are born just to take the role behind the manager.

Fair point, but I reacon from his point of view he's learning. He learnt from Tinnion, and now from Johnson. I reacon he wants to be manager one day, but at the moment just wants to learn so when his time comes he is as good as he can be.

There was a strong rumour going around that Steve Thompson, GJs number two at Yeovil, would join us in the same capacity. But by the time he decided to stand down at Yeovil it appeared that GJ was impressed enough with the number two he had inherited i.e. Millen to not bother. There's a Watford connection there too so they would have known each other before they worked here.

Millen seems to be the more level headed one. Have a look at the bench reaction to Noble's goal at Palace and you will see what I mean. Millen allows himself a split second of pure celebration and then is barking out orders at the team again and telling everyone to calm down, while GJ is still bouncing around the touchline. Priceless!

and he seems to be the coach whilst GJ is teh manager, I wouldnt be suprised if KM took the training sessions just like he is in charge of pre match preperations. KM seems very vocal on the bench too, so it seems he is very important to the club as part of the management team

was a brilliant player too!!

I think you're going a bit far there.

Future manager??? I think he could do the job when Sir Gary calls it a day..

oh no... don't go there. the footballing world is littered with vast numbers of assistants taking over and failing abjectly.. the two most recent..

McClaren and Sammy Lee..

....the list is mind bogglingly endless.. he may be a gaffer one day and he may do that at city but not until he has managed elsewhere first and had his ups as well as downs.

Archived