IGNORED

Wages Anyone?

westy

There have been lots of posts about not being able to afford transfer fees but more importantly weekly wages of potential new signings - does anyone actually know what the limits are? Obviously SL could afford anyone he wants but on the basis he says the club must pretty much balance books (excluding transfer fees) what is realistic.

On my fag packet calculation based on SL's previous comments about championship wages for the team being £5m approx. A squad of 32 the average is £150,000 per player but if we split into 2 groups:

1st team squad (22) = 4,250, 000

the rest max (10) = 750,000

If we break the squad of 22 down to:

4 best quality = 1,500,000

6 good quality = 1,250,000

6 OK quality = 1,000,000

6 squad players = 500,000

So by my estimation with a bit of shuffling around we can get to 10k a week max for a top signing (which is close to the average Premier League earnings of 13K a week)

Over to you lot - probably better informed!

COYR

Intresting outlook

but I'm sure Gary is looking to bring in extra quality

so that would mean there could be 6 best qulity players

based upon 2 coming in

meaning therfore limits on wages will be quite limted ,as are previous four best quality players will still be on there contracts

But god knows :laugh:

I just think we may be quite limted on are wage resources, i mean the players released couldnt have been on huge amounts

so the extra moneys got to come from somewhere if we are going to be able to have a increased budget

and lawnsdowns already said that a increase would make are outgoings higher than are income.

So that rules a raise throught that scenario. The only option i can see big wages being offered if is a current squad memebr is going to leave

And I'm not sure on the likelyhood on that unless a stupid money bid comes in.

So i see this as are only viable way of increasing are wage budget.

Archived