IGNORED

Dodgy Foreign Signings

norwichrobin

ok we all trust sir garys judgement but would we be looking at so many continental players if the euros wasnt on. A hardworking approach with a bit of flair imo is what is required to get you out of this division, basso has been class no arguments, carle some good performances and still learning british game but criticised by a few at times, mr vasko i feel did enough for a deal but was turned away.

This is not an anti foreign rant Just think we need to be looking at our own home grown, ribiero, plummer or talent in the lower divisions which lets be fair has got us in the playoffs (signings fromyeovil, millwall, swansea) for when the going gets tough etc. Or players being released by prem.

If there good enough don't care where there from but why go foreign for the sake of it?

No offence willem II

Absolutely, though it is all about making sure you get someone with the right attitude, we don't want any more Seboks.

As for Plummer, he's a sub for our reserves and a million miles away from The Championship right now.

Cos their cheaper. English players are stupidly overpriced, Darren Bent for 16 milllion for example. Why spend 3 million on an English striker when you can get one similar or even better abillity for half the price abroad?

Indeed. And to use an analogy, if you're fishing for the best catches, it's best to check the sea as well as the local pond.

Absolutely, though it is all about making sure you get someone with the right attitude, we don't want any more Seboks.

What was wrong with Sebok? I don't recall there being any problems* until Pulis turned up and decided he didn't like foreigners.

*Well not with Sebok specifically. I can remember an awful lot of problems with the team.

What was wrong with Sebok? I don't recall there being any problems* until Pulis turned up and decided he didn't like foreigners.

*Well not with Sebok specifically. I can remember an awful lot of problems with the team.

My opinion was that he didn't exactly "put it in" when we were struggling, I've never forgot the Colchester game at AG where he barely got on the pitch in time for the second half to start, proceeding to give away a sloppy goal and was rightly subbed, £400k+ down the drain for me.

Mind you, I think Dziekanowski was a complete waste of time, too, though I know I'm in the minority on that one......

My opinion was that he didn't exactly "put it in" when we were struggling, I've never forgot the Colchester game at AG where he barely got on the pitch in time for the second half to start, proceeding to give away a sloppy goal and was rightly subbed, £400k+ down the drain for me.

Mind you, I think Dziekanowski was a complete waste of time, too, though I know I'm in the minority on that one......

you are jaki was the most entertaining player at the gate in years just a shame he couldnt keep his d### in his pants

ok we all trust sir garys judgement but would we be looking at so many continental players if the euros wasnt on. A hardworking approach with a bit of flair imo is what is required to get you out of this division, basso has been class no arguments, carle some good performances and still learning british game but criticised by a few at times, mr vasko i feel did enough for a deal but was turned away.

This is not an anti foreign rant Just think we need to be looking at our own home grown, ribiero, plummer or talent in the lower divisions which lets be fair has got us in the playoffs (signings fromyeovil, millwall, swansea) for when the going gets tough etc. Or players being released by prem.

If there good enough don't care where there from but why go foreign for the sake of it?

No offence willem II

Should the question be............ should we be a selling club when we know we have players with talent?

As for Plummer, he's a sub for our reserves and a million miles away from The Championship right now.

Plummer is the sort of dynamic striker that isn't afraid to shoot and has the pace and skill to unlock defenses. The kid is quality and deserves a shot in our first time. He was absolutely brilliant in the youth fa cup - he has the same potential of players like Daniel Sturridge.

Disagree with you on Seebok, thought he was OK. Don't forget we also had Testimantanu(sp) who was GREAT!!!!!

And no you aren't alone in thinking jacki was a waste of time. Although ALL of us loved watching him, I spent 90% of my time shouting at him (trying to do too much, final ball, laziness etc. etc.).

Jacki was the sort of enigma that you like to watch as a neutral supporter.

seebok,testi and bo anderson were decent i thought, improved us know end under benny, just too much to do in the end.

seebok was having a h/t kick about away at wigan, he shot 5 times against the bar one after the other, 3 came straight back to his feet aswell.

testi, proper get stuck in footballer and could pick out a great pass.

bo anderson=better than phillips, nuff said.

soren anderson=under used, wanted to stay aswell but pullis said off you go.

For example if byfield and showomni were playing for switzerland, austria etc would be as good as anything they have got up front and clubs would be prepared to pay £1 mill plus for them, wheres were so rich we can afford to let both go on a free.

Everton and liverpool both caught out on hype before of dodgy foreign signings have the good sense to "allegedly" view citys and other english clubs reserves knowing that any brit aged 17-23 who has one good season or couple of good games on tv is toughted around at 3 million plus at least, look at the lad at cardiff.

Yes there are plenty of good foreigners in the prem but the quality there helps them settle in in our division i think its a bit tougher. As for jacki don't think anyone could match his pace in the chateau if u know what i mean!

Archived