IGNORED

English Officials

tin

Well, well, well. Howard Webb and his team's performance in the Austria-Poland game tonight was shocking.

Not only content with letting the Polish goal stand when it were blatant offside, he spent the whole of the second half looking to even it up for the Austrian's and did it with the most contentious of pen's you'll ever see but that's the English way.

Time and again I see an error made by our officials and instead of putting their hands up, they spend the rest of the game trying to even it out. If he's going to give a penalty like that, then you'll get around 4 or 5 a game which is ridiculous.

I rate Webb as one of the better ref's in our country but he's proved himself to be one of the worse in this game and cost me a £200 stake and £450 reward on the Polish win. Tik-a-bu son. :ranting:

The lines man did get it wrong

but

Webb got it right the defender pulled the shirt PEN!!

Question is

Would he of gave that pen against Man Utd at old trafford??

I think not

The penalty was a shocker. That sort of thing happens every game and if you start giving those then you set a dangerous precedent.

You'd get half a dozen of them per game if you started pulling people up on that but yet again the question I find I'm asking is, where's the consistency? I guarantee you we'll half loads like that next season and they won't get given. It's a joke.

Webb probably only gave it to atone for his linesman's error and because he felt sorry for the poor, shite Austrian's who can't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

The penalty was a shocker. That sort of thing happens every game and if you start giving those then you set a dangerous presidant.

You'd get half a dozen of them per game if you started pulling people up on that but yet again the question I find I'm asking is, where's the consistency? I guarantee you we'll half loads like that next season and they won't get given. It's a joke.

Webb probably only gave it to atone for his linesman's error and because he felt sorry for the poor, shite Austrian's who can't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

As the rules go it was a pen

I agree with what your saying but

If evey team gave away 6 pens per game for shirt pulling

How many games would it take for the penny to drop

and for players to stop doing it?

As the rules go it was a pen

I agree with what your saying but

If evey team gave away 6 pens per game for shirt pulling

How many games would it take for the penny to drop

and for players to stop doing it?

They wouldn't because you'd never get referee's to agree to give 100% commitment on clamping down on it across the board. You'd get games ending 7-5 and stuff like that and it'd become an absolute farce.

In places on the continent, it's part and parcel which is why you see so much of it in the Champions League. I can honestly say I can't recall the last time a pen was given like that over here.

If that was a continental ref tonight then the Poles would've walked away level on points with the Krauts. It's just the English way that ref's look to atone for their errors during the game and it takes the piss. Webb's been found wanting tonight because of his lack of European experience. If he had that under his belt, there's no way in hell he'd have given that pen.

Webb was superb in our game against Palace. There was a first-half period where City were giving away niggly, silly fouls which made it seem like he was totally against us, and I remember sitting there hearing everyone bemoan Webb's decisions whereas in truth they were correct and it was our own fault. Any neutral would have judged his Palace performance to have been a good one I reckon.

It was the usual story - inconsistency.

Yes, he pulled the guys shirt (though I have to say only just) - but if you're going to give that as a pen then there should have been a pen given at just about every corner in that match. You can't ignore/miss things like that for 92 mins and then give just one in the 93rd!

Shame, cos I actually thought he reffed our game v Palace well

They wouldn't because you'd never get referee's to agree to give 100% commitment on clamping down on it across the board. You'd get games ending 7-5 and stuff like that and it'd become an absolute farce.

In places on the continent, it's part and parcel which is why you see so much of it in the Champions League. I can honestly say I can't recall the last time a pen was given like that over here.

If that was a continental ref tonight then the Poles would've walked away level on points with the Krauts. It's just the English way that ref's look to atone for their errors during the game and it takes the piss. Webb's been found wanting tonight because of his lack of European experience. If he had that under his belt, there's no way in hell he'd have given that pen.

and you would have had £450 notes in the pocket id be gutted as well mate :disapointed2se:

Archived