IGNORED

Exclusive Enoch Showunmi Open Letter

Ross Verbals

After the friendly against Yeovil at the start of last season, my 11 year old son wanted to wait by the player's entrance to get autographs.

Enoch eventually came out and the sun seemed to disappear from view. Crikey, he's a big bloke. He was wearing Ipod earphones with the lead running into his trousers pocket. My son asked him what he was listening to. Enoch looked at him and said: "Nothing. I haven't got an Ipod - I can only afford the earphones! I'm wearing them to make me look cool". Rendered my son speechless - for once.

He seemed to be a really nice bloke. The article from Ross serves to back this up.

Good luck for the future Enoch and thanks, in particular, for the memories of your goal at Carlisle. It made a long trip very worthwhile.

He played an important part in our promotion season. I think he'll go on to improve further and become a good signing for his next club.

Thoroughly nice guy - there aren't many professional players who would bother writing to fans of their previous club!!

Good luck Enoch, thanks for the memories.

Nice one Enoch. Thanks for your efforts in the red of Bristol City, and as already had been said, many thanks for the goal at Carlisle. It was a long trip but worth it due to your goals and Bradleys curler into the top corner.

Best of luck for the future.

Will always remember the volley against Forest away in the Paint trophy 2 years ago. Warmed up a very cold night and led to an eventual win through penalties.

Guy is a hero!

I have to say, id forgotten that, but wow what a goal that was, any footage of it anywhere?

Enoch is one of the most hardworking of the team he always came on and played his heart out, especially against wtford away!

Get him back down the gate for one last "What's that coming over the hill?" !

Fantastic Guy

All the best to him

I always wanted him to be something more than he turned out to be... I still think he has enough to do well. Really hope he gets a few breaks. Saw him in Tescos once, shopping alone... Just gave me that ' down to earth' decent guy feeling.

All the best Enoch! Players like you make us proud... we will not forget...

Self Penned Open Letter From Enoch Showunmi

In the latest player interview, Enoch Showunmi writes a self penned open letter about his time at Bristol City, and explains why he joined, his fondest memories and what he thinks the future holds for the club.

Enjoy the read,

Ross Verbals

What can I say? A honest man with loads of brain. Get as much us you can from football Enoch and then concentrate on day to day life. You will be successfull there as well. No doubts. Cheers Tommy

Had high hopes for Enoch, early on in League 1 he looked like he had real potential, seeing as he had a late start.

But it never materialised. He will always be decent at League 1 level and always ran his socks off so good luck to him.

sdc1978 - We need a dirty ba---rd? Shall we bring back Dave Partridge? He was a Hatchet man if ever I saw one!

He's just a bit of a wrong-un. Wouldn't be surprised if he just spends his days in the pub and bookies now!

I was just wondering what the consensus was on whether people think we need to get some real muscle in the middle, someone everyone hates to play against in the Roy Keane mould. Personally, I don't think so, we've got one better in Elliott who can do all the dirty work, without making it seem dirty and even Carle likes to get stuck in and put himself about.

Lovely bloke. Good luck Enoch

Good luck Enoch, My 5 year old will miss you terribly...!

From the fisrt time we met you, when you lifted him up on the advertising hording for a picture (which was in the programme with a big write-up) till the last play off game, he's loved you !

All the best wherever you end up..!

The trouble these days is that football is so cut throat and everyone demands almost instant results that there is no room for sentiment. Very big (geddit) of Showumni to understand this and show that he has no ill feelings even though he wasn't always in the starting XI. Always worked his socks off, agreed with others - top pro.

All the best big man! :)

Archived