IGNORED

Wilson On Radio

Taz

Guest bemmyred

Nothing new.

Having had experience of reporting for RB and interviewing players after games

for Weston and Clevedon in old Beazer League in the 90s it pi##es me off when so called professional reporters keep asking questions when the answer has already been given in the previous reply.

Thought we were unlucky, didn't see how the goal could have been given when Philips was two yards in play, and will have to watch the video.

Not a word on his subsitutions. When will these people actually ask him about his dodgy subsitutions :angry:

Guest bemmyred

Having been in that position myself you are always tempted to ask controversial questions but invariably you are afraid to commit yourself.

Having been in that position myself you are always tempted to ask controversial questions but invariably you are afraid to commit yourself.
Why not ask? what has the interviewer got to loose? Danny wilson could refuse to speak to the media after the game, but then he just makes himself and the club look silly. It happened to the Gas didn't it?

He (wilson) has got to be prepared to take the good with tthe bad and should be accountable and explain himself. At the moment it seems he won't say and that is meant to make it all alright then.

Maybe the interviewer gets told what he can ask and what he can't and the interviews are staged and rehearsed.

If I was the interviewer and was told i couldn't ask about subs, I wouldn't be able to resist saying ' now Danny I know you don't want to explain your substititions to the fans but...' If he then gives me some #### answer who looks the more stupid?

Yours, still depressed

• Admin
Why not ask? what has the interviewer got to loose? Danny wilson could refuse to speak to the media after the game, but then he just makes himself and the club look silly. It happened to the Gas didn't it?

He already has banned the players from talking to the press.

And you're absolutely right, he has made the club look silly.

It is clear from Twentyman's comments on Wilson and Peacock on the radio that he is frightened to say anything that might be seen as being to the detriment of either. A hard man defender but a pussy cat as an interviewer.

Probably wants to be a good old boy and not lose his drinking privileges at the club. Twentyman is a 'jobsworth' and he will only criticise when Wilson or Peacock go and then,suddenly it will be: "It has been obvious to me for sometime that..."

Archived