IGNORED

I'd Just Like To Offer My Thanks To....

Ian M

• Admin
Luton ruined mine. Did Danny prang your car or something this morning??
Was that "haven't won a game in 9 Luton" or perhaps "worst team in Div2 on current form Luton" or maybe even "several first team players short Luton", but surely not "there to be taken Luton"?

Guest Red_Atyeo

Oh, how original- let's think we are amazing by being pessimistic.

We are still in a great situation for automatic, and play-offs if not.

Get behind the team, it was not 100% Danny's fault.

• Admin
It was only a few days ago we were remembering the Hillsborough victims.

Get real mate it is only a game, no-one died did they?.

Whilst it was indeed a travesty that the 96 Liverpool fans died at Hillsborough 15 years ago, it is an insult to their memory to use them as a way of putting someone down on a football forum. To say that I should not care deeply about a pasttime that I partake in because of their deaths further insults their memory.

I make no apologies for caring passionately about the fortunes of the team I support.
For ######s sake we all care. I have been going to games since 1976. We are 3rd, still in with a chance of going up.

I still remember the day we hit 92nd in the league. Now that did ruin my weekend.

• Admin
For ######s sake we all care. I have been going to games since 1976. We are 3rd, still in with a chance of going up.

I still remember the day we hit 92nd in the league. Now that did ruin my weekend.

You may be happy to settle for "a chance of going up" but there are many more of us that realise that this has been our best oppurtunity for years and should by this stage be "a certainty".

You have to blame the manager for an inept substitution and blame the players for getting nothing from a game we really should have won.

Yes we are still in a great position but that doesn't hide the fact that if the players and management performed to the levels they are capable of each week we would be in a much better position.

Luton ruined mine. Did Danny prang your car or something this morning??
Ditto.

Luton ruined mine too. Not Danny. If his substitutions had paid off then he'd be god on here now. Such a thin line between satisfying the fans and getting slated for trying something out

Ditto.

Luton ruined mine too. Not Danny. If his substitutions had paid off then he'd be god on here now. Such a thin line between satisfying the fans and getting slated for trying something out

I think the argument is that, at this stage of the season, and with so much resting on these results, now is not the time to fanny about with players in positions where they have yet to prove themselves. Taking Roberts off and replacing him with Freezer up front was a shockingly bad decision when he has other such good players as Miller, Lita, etc. at his disposal. It cost us the game ultimately.

Wilson is his own worst enemy at times. He deserves all the stick he gets when he comes up with "strategies" like that. Having him as manager is like driving with the fvcking handbrake on.

Irrespective of whether we go up or not, I think DW has shown his limitations. If we do go up it will be more despite him than thanks to him. What a loser.

How can you blame DW! Peacock, Roberts and Hill missed easy goal opportunities all the way through the game! You cant just blame a defeat on one person, its a team game!
The players are obviously the ones responsible for scoring goals/missing sitters/defending when we get a goal back, but the manager sets the tone and executes a strategy. When that strategy is so flawed that the players contributions are hamstrung from the outset and those selections/substitutions that are made do not play on the strengths of the team out there, then you have to ask serious questions about the tactical savvy of our manager.

I agree with Clevedon Red that it will be good to hear from some of the 1,400 or so that travelled up there. But going by what I heard on the radio, Roberts was playing a good game and should not have been subbed. I think the reaction of the away contingent, who largely booed the decision, was reflective of the fact they felt the same way. Subbing him with Goodfellow, who is not a proven striker, when he had Miller on the bench is adding insult to injury. Decisions like that are vital at this stage of the game and, whether you agree with me or not, DW did not appear to have a good game plan. His decision-making is suspect at best. At worst it could well have cost us the season again.

How can you blame DW! Peacock, Roberts and Hill missed easy goal opportunities all the way through the game! You cant just blame a defeat on one person, its a team game!

But its not the first time this season that this has happened.

Take all the strange substitutons made by Mr Wilson this season, we cannot all be wrong.

Archived