IGNORED

City Foundation

Red Army 79

That's interesting - I applied to join 3/4 weeks ago and have heard nothing. Even left a message for a call back and again nothing. Maybe the marketing side is better than the admin!

Benefits appear to be ticket priority for big games (e.g. Wembley) which is good for exiles where a ST isn't viable and then there's the chance of winning cash, clubshop discounts etc but ultimately it shows some commitment to the club by helping to finance, in a small way, the Academy and training ground. I should have done it earlier.

• SC&T Board Members
That's interesting - I applied to join 3/4 weeks ago and have heard nothing. Even left a message for a call back and again nothing. Maybe the marketing side is better than the admin!

Benefits appear to be ticket priority for big games (e.g. Wembley) which is good for exiles where a ST isn't viable and then there's the chance of winning cash, clubshop discounts etc but ultimately it shows some commitment to the club by helping to finance, in a small way, the Academy and training ground. I should have done it earlier.

If anyone is planning on joining the Foundation based on getting priority to tickets, I would double and triple check that this is indeed still one of the benefits.

• SC&T Board Members
The telephone number which has called me is 01484 487939. She didn't mention about prority tickets. Looking on the official website if you want prority tickets is the supporters club you need if you want priorityickets.

Again, don't be so sure ... this may not be the case for the coming season.

City Foundation has always been a priority group until now but I believe there's some kind of membership/loyalty thing being launched soon that might supercede this?

I wouldn't bother with the supporters club as it appears that the bronze membership is being scrapped meaning the club will revert to the usual way of getting a membership which means you have next to no chance of getting in for a few years yet.

Recently the Supporters Trust members seem to have had some kind of priorities on ticketing which is probably the cheapest option of getting it should the priority continue.

• SC&T Board Members
City Foundation has always been a priority group until now but I believe there's some kind of membership/loyalty thing being launched soon that might supercede this?

I wouldn't bother with the supporters club as it appears that the bronze membership is being scrapped meaning the club will revert to the usual way of getting a membership which means you have next to no chance of getting in for a few years yet.

Recently the Supporters Trust members seem to have had some kind of priorities on ticketing which is probably the cheapest option of getting it should the priority continue.

You're right, which is why the question of ticket priority for any of the groups that previously received this is uncertain at present.

Of course, joining the Trust is a good idea with or without any such priority!

You're right, which is why the question of ticket priority for any of the groups that previously received this is uncertain at present.

Of course, joining the Trust is a good idea with or without any such priority!

You're quite right to flag this up, Jon and I suspect you may be correct.

However, I think it would be a poor move by the club to withdraw ticket priority from Foundation members, when it was a stated benefit in the sign up literature.

You're quite right to flag this up, Jon and I suspect you may be correct.

However, I think it would be a poor move by the club to withdraw ticket priority from Foundation members, when it was a stated benefit in the sign up literature.

As I have just joined, this news :disapointed2se: if true will see a canceling of d/debit;even though I`m still a S.T member

As I have just joined, this news :disapointed2se: if true will see a canceling of d/debit;even though I`m still a S.T member

Really?

I signed up for the foundation a year or so ago and have saw jack-all return on this, albeit, I did attend a "free night" they arranged.

Not even had a sniff of a tenner on a weekly prize draw; i've even considered phoning to check I actually have ticket numbers!! I buy a family S.T. so no saving there either.

However, that is not the point and is not my reason for joining. I joined to help the grass routes level of the club; the future coming through so to speak.

I have gone with the simple presumption that the club need the investment and in some small way, appreciate my membership. I don't actually want thanks/praise or priority ticketing; i'm happy in the knowledge that i'm contributing.

Joining for others reasons seems a bit crass to me if i'm being honest.

I joined what was, at the time, City 2000 twelve years ago, in that time I've won the £500 twice so it does happen. It also means that it's only been the last couple of years I've been out of profit on the deal, which is a bit strange as the only reason I joined was to further support the club as I'be been a ST holder for the entire period.

With a current membership of 1700 the chances of winning a tenner each year is circa 30% - so every 3 and a bit years then you should have a cheque coming through the post to you - the chances of winning the £500 was I assumed about 3% however they seem to scrapped this in favour of some mysterious way of picking out non numbers so that the prize is rolled over. The chance of winning the £25k is simply 1/1700 per year so in percentage terms it is 0.0588%.

Your anticipated return each year assuming you could keep your membership going for thousands of years is circa £33.

City Foundation costs £114 per year less the £33 anticipated earnings - the remaining £81 is what you are giving to the Foundation for the benefit of the youth and training facilities - the ancillary benefits from the city foundation like the free evenings and the previous prioritisation for matches has cost you £81 per year - now if you are only out for the priority tickets then you know how it costs.

I won £10 this year and an electric kettle many many years ago :laugh:

Really?UM :liar::whistle2:

I signed up for the foundation a year or so ago and have saw jack-all return on this, albeit, I did attend a "free night" they arranged.

Not even had a sniff of a tenner on a weekly prize draw; i've even considered phoning to check I actually have ticket numbers!! I buy a family S.T. so no saving there either.

However, that is not the point and is not my reason for joining. I joined to help the grass routes level of the club; the future coming through so to speak.

I have gone with the simple presumption that the club need the investment and in some small way, appreciate my membership. I don't actually want thanks/praise or priority ticketing; i'm happy in the knowledge that i'm contributing.

Honestly d/d aint even set up yet and still waiting for details to arrive in post; I am certainly all for the grass routes albiet in the vain hope that G.J and his successers don't have to search worldwide for players.

Some new young guns will pass straight through this club while others just pause a while; although income from their transfers is handy.

The S.T and S.C. are also other ways of "helping" the club on its way as is buying Season Tickets in advance; well in for a penny cause I`ll be/have done all 4 mentioned now for next season. :mafia:

i got a phone call but declined, i would like to contribute to grass-roots etc. but £110ish is a bit steep on top of my ST.

i've decided to join the Supporters Trust, cheaper and you get a say in goings on at the club (which is what i want)

• Admin

Just add my twopennth worth, I have been a member for years, initially joining for the priority tickets when a season ticket was not practical. (It was the City Society then and you got a tie when joining!). I have had a season ticket for about 15 years now, but still keep up the payment. Last season I won £500 and got £100 off my season ticket, this season 5% off the season ticket - still awaiting another win!!

Really?

Well said.I was about to post something similar until I scrolled down and read your post.I joined a couple of years ago and although I have won a tenner,I joined to help the club and not to wallow in the extra benefits whatever they may be.I guess it's just a very small contribution in moving the club along the path of where we would lie to be one day.

Archived