IGNORED

Niculae, Emad Moteab Or Tyson......

Sargent Pepper

So these guys seem to be the most strongly linked. Someone has inside info from the Tyson camp and the oracle yessir has come out of hiding to comment positivley on Niculae (plus the alleged sighting of GJ with Invernes manager) and Moteab. Which story has more credibillity and who of these do you think we will end up with? Will we end up with three forwards?

Maybe these have been set up as smoke screens and we may be in for someone not yet mentioned or maybe one of the also rans ie: Lita, Phillips, Eastwood etc.

Who knows maybe yessir may come on here and tell us if were getting warm......... :sign09:

I'd have all three :innocent06: but i am quite greedy!

Not sure about the egyptians style of play but Niculae it would seem would challenge Dele as target man, and Tyson would be the pace we lack. Add to that the strengths Trunds and Brooker provide we would have plenty of "clubs in the golf bag" as GJ would say

Ideally, neither of them.

I don't know enough about the Egyptian or the Romanian to pass comment and I've already stated I think Tyson would be a big waste of time, money and effort. Besides, I can't see Forest letting him go now Agogo's gone as they'd only have Earnshaw left.

Maynard, Lita or Phillips for me would be a real signal of intent.

Not sure about the egyptians style of play but Niculae it would seem would challenge Dele as target man, and Tyson would be the pace we lack. Add to that the strengths Trunds and Brooker provide we would have plenty of "clubs in the golf bag" as GJ would say

I think the egyption is a eastwood sort of player! Bit of pace and good eye for goal! They'r all different styles. will be intresting to see who comes if any?

I don't know enough about the Egyptian or the Romanian to pass comment and I've already stated I think Tyson would be a big waste of time, money and effort. Besides, I can't see Forest letting him go now Agogo's gone as they'd only have Earnshaw left.

Agree wholeheartidly tin.

Lets show this division we mean business and go and get a proven championship striker as named above.

What is the name for an Egyptian Gypsy?

Gypsy was originally a corruption of Egyptian (because people thought that's where they originated from) so you're going round in circles.

Anyway, let's cut out the racist name calling thing. I'm not saying you are, but here's plenty of anti gypsy stuff on here that would be considered Neanderthal if we said it about anyone else. Including the Neanderthals - but they're extinct, so they won't mind.

Gypsy was originally a corruption of Egyptian (because people thought that's where they originated from) so you're going round in circles.

Anyway, let's cut out the racist name calling thing. I'm not saying you are, but here's plenty of anti gypsy stuff on here that would be considered Neanderthal if we said it about anyone else. Including the Neanderthals - but they're extinct, so they won't mind.

Thought the only gypsys were the sags across the river!!!! :laugh:

None of the above (although the Egyptian sounds promising)

Lita would be the signing I want most. Despite his well documented problems here, I think Johnson can get the best out of him and he has the energy, pace and unpredictability to scare any defence which we havnt had...... since he left!! Plus I think the potential partnership with Trundle really could be special....

Spoke to my Dad today who was speaking to a source he was doing some work for (all i'm prepared to say in terms of source as may have spoken out of turn).

He told me that the "money men" are in Egypt sorting a £1.5M deal for an African player and there is some haggling over a 10% sell-on clause but club confident this will be sorted this week.

That is more a less word for word; my Dad has no interest really in football; certainly no interest in gossip.

Time will tell.

Spoke to my Dad today who was speaking to a source he was doing some work for (all i'm prepared to say in terms of source as may have spoken out of turn).

He told me that the "money men" are in Egypt sorting a £1.5M deal for an African player and there is some haggling over a 10% sell-on clause but club confident this will be sorted this week.

That is more a less word for word; my Dad has no interest really in football; certainly no interest in gossip.

Time will tell.

Another source.... this story really is gathering pace!

I agree wth Tin, Lita, Maynard Phillips shows real ambition, I would add Eastwood above them too.

The other lot seem to be a gamble, two have not played in England before and one is very injury prone.

If we are going to gamble on strikers we could have paid peanuts for Fleetwood, but, that option is no longer available.

Not very inspiring, but, it's just rumours at the moment.

Of course we're forgetting Borja and Tibor Tzisa who seemed nailed on (apparently) as our first signing a couple of weeks ago. What about guys linked from the last window, Riordean and the south american, Pinto was it???

I agree, i think Lita would be what most people would want, but i can't see it as it would blow most if not all of our budget on one player and i don't think Lita would want to come back to a club he has already played for.

Only 3 men will really know, Stephen Lansdown, Gary Johnson and Yessir :laugh:! And two, maybe even three of them might be out of the country right now....... ;)

I agree wth Tin, Lita, Maynard Phillips shows real ambition, I would add Eastwood above them too.

The other lot seem to be a gamble, two have not played in England before and one is very injury prone.

If we are going to gamble on strikers we could have paid peanuts for Fleetwood, but, that option is no longer available.

Not very inspiring, but, it's just rumours at the moment.

How does signing Phillips or Maynard show ambition??? Is maynard provn at this level? Phillips isn't getting any younger even if he did have a good season last year.

Emad was a target for Middlesborough last year, he has played at international level, and played in the team that won the African Nations this year! I think it's inspiring :fingerscrossed:

How does signing Phillips or Maynard show ambition??? Is maynard provn at this level? Phillips isn't getting any younger even if he did have a good season last year.

Emad was a target for Middlesborough last year, he has played at international level, and played in the team that won the African Nations this year! I think it's inspiring :fingerscrossed:

I'd be excited if we sighned him! and if we got tyson aswell id be more than happy :disapointed2se: i have a feeling I'm in the minority though!

Haggling with Egyptians? That is brave work. It may be a case of cheshire-reds "Where's me camel man?" by the end of the negotiations.

img_2105_1.jpg

Picture: Emad Moteab has to share his camel with club medical officer Dr Heather Montague

Meanwhile the Egyptian press say he has turned us down

http://new.filgoal.com/english/News.asp?NewsID=44050

And The Sun (who are always right) were equally sure that he was signing for Middlesborough last year

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...ticle264796.ece

Agree but not about Lita. What a cretinous useless negiligent #######.

Archived