IGNORED

Does It Really Matter?

easton boy

Like most of you guys and gals on here, I check between this site, the official site, teamtalk, 606 etc etc, more times a day than is possibly healthy.

And then it struck me.

Does it really matter? Do I really need to be amongst the first to know who we have signed?

The reason I came to this conclusion is lets face it, what is the earliest opportunity I am going to get to see these (potential) new signings? for me it will be August - 6 weeks away!

Myself, like most of you, read about someones deluded fantasy about us signing this ex-prem player or this guy from Egypt or this guy from the SPL etc. etc.

People, 99% of the names linked on here will never come to fruition - fact! I've spent countless hours on you-tube and wikipedia looking into the relative merits of all the speculated players when 99% of them will never play for our beloved club.

So I urge you, its a nice sunny day out there, when you get home tonight go and have a kick a bout in the park with your kids, go for a bike ride, hike, swim, do something other than procrastonate over who we will sign and let GJ do his job.

Because I bet despite ALL of our best efforts(myself included) GJ has never been or never will be swayed by a rumour he has read on any website.

Who knows when you turn your PC on in 6 weeks time GJ may pleasantly surprise you.

Now has anyone seen my bike pump.....

Like most of you guys and gals on here, I check between this site, the official site, teamtalk, 606 etc etc, more times a day than is possibly healthy.

And then it struck me.

Does it really matter? Do I really need to be amongst the first to know who we have signed?

The reason I came to this conclusion is lets face it, what is the earliest opportunity I am going to get to see these (potential) new signings? for me it will be August - 6 weeks away!

Myself, like most of you, read about someones deluded fantasy about us signing this ex-prem player or this guy from Egypt or this guy from the SPL etc. etc.

People, 99% of the names linked on here will never come to fruition - fact! I've spent countless hours on you-tube and wikipedia looking into the relative merits of all the speculated players when 99% of them will never play for our beloved club.

So I urge you, its a nice sunny day out there, when you get home tonight go and have a kick a bout in the park with your kids, go for a bike ride, hike, swim, do something other than procrastonate over who we will sign and let GJ do his job.

Because I bet despite ALL of our best efforts(myself included) GJ has never been or never will be swayed by a rumour he has read on any website.

Who knows when you turn your PC on in 6 weeks time GJ may pleasantly surprise you.

Now has anyone seen my bike pump.....

I had the same revalation back in January, and now i just get on with my life untill someone sends me a txt telling me we have signed someone.

Don't worry all....he's just ******* with our minds :noexpression: trying to suggest that there's anything else going on in the world than GJ lining-up the big signings for the season ahead... I mean, how ******* ridiculous is that :rofl2br:

HOW DARE YOU :badmood: (joke)

I'm just hoping you lot bog off so I WILL be the first to find out about the new signings! :dancing2:

Hmmm Nibor, when it comes to striker signings the track record is not unblemished. In other areas I've been delighted with the signings in the main. But as to strikers there is a concern and Sipowicz expressed it very well on the Egyptian Striker thread.

I don't believe we can afford to gamble, we need proven and proven in Europe in a decent League.

And we need two, seriously we do.

Hmmm Nibor, when it comes to striker signings the track record is not unblemished. In other areas I've been delighted with the signings in the main. But as to strikers there is a concern and Sipowicz expressed it very well on the Egyptian Striker thread.

I don't believe we can afford to gamble, we need proven and proven in Europe in a decent League.

Hi Chesh, the artist formerly known as CamRed here!

Got to agree with you there mate - strikers haven't been GJ's strong point up to now. Let's hope this summer is the turning point!

Yes absolutely.

And a winger (Cotts?)

Yeah I do agree with that and I think I've posted much the same before. I think though that the sort of players we're being linked with are the right ones - players in their mid 20s with pace and track records. I've always thought Tyson a very good player and I reckon the only risk there is injuries which a thorough medical should mitigate.

I like the idea of looking abroad because when you see the prices for strikers domestically I can't see that they're good value for money really, so players like Niculae and this Egyptian chap who both have fairly good international records are of the ilk I was hoping we'd look at. Of course if these links are accurate, you can bet that there are as many again going on that haven't leaked out (yet).

I'm pretty confident we will start the season with two new strikers on the books.

Yeah I do agree with that and I think I've posted much the same before. I think though that the sort of players we're being linked with are the right ones - players in their mid 20s with pace and track records. I've always thought Tyson a very good player and I reckon the only risk there is injuries which a thorough medical should mitigate.

I like the idea of looking abroad because when you see the prices for strikers domestically I can't see that they're good value for money really, so players like Niculae and this Egyptian chap who both have fairly good international records are of the ilk I was hoping we'd look at. Of course if these links are accurate, you can bet that there are as many again going on that haven't leaked out (yet).

I'm pretty confident we will start the season with two new strikers on the books.

Fantastic :dancing6: thread starts with theme of why bother? and straight away we're back into debating striker options... can't keep us down :dancer2:

Archived