IGNORED

Best Fixture List In Ages Moans

The only fly in the ointment is ipswich on a tuesday night

just can't understand the moans to brum and plymouth

which are less than two hours away

worry about the midweek fixtures when they are Barnsly and hull

like last year

Moaning for the sake of it? Pot. Kettle. Black.

like last year

Birmingham:

• No trains back to Bristol after the match. Last train is at 10.10pm meaning you'd have to leave the game early to get back to New Street in time to make it.
  • Rush hour traffic around Brum means people will most likely have to take a half day if they want to go and 2hrs is more like 3 or 4hrs. Parking also a nightmare.
  • Nobody wants to go by coach for convenience given the horror stories of the passed, especially when involved in rush hour around there.

No problem with Plymouth away on a Tuesday though but Ipswich is stupid.

tins

we'll do it deal cos you talk sense

I'll be driving up to brum so I'll offer you a lift now

You can have drink as well as I won't be drinking

as long as you over eighteen

which excludes a few of the moaners on here

It's a generous offer and I thank you for it but I'll be there without a doubt. Probably even take a days holiday for it and visit some Blue nose pals of mine. Just making the point about accessibilty for those of us not in my position.

I'm sure the majority who arent happy are thise who find it hard to get time off so may miss a few of our higher profile games.

It makes a lot more sense to have closer games in midweek and the longer treks on a weekend, not that it bothers me either way, if i want to go to the fixture ill go, the games are so far down the line its easy to take a half day etc.

like last year

Its not moaning just an expression of our poor luck.

Most fans would not go to Barnsley, Ipswhich or Hull even if they were on a saturday but look for certain fixtures closer to home.

Plymouth is normally quite popular and Birmingham was one of the better games and City would have sold out their away allocations for both. Now because of fans having work commitments and the lack of transport to both we won't. These were big games for me and Birmingham away would have been the highlight i will now not be attending either.

Most fans would not go to Barnsley, Ipswhich or Hull even if they were on a saturday but look for certain fixtures closer to home.

Plymouth is normally quite popular and Birmingham was one of the better games and City would have sold out their away allocations for both. Now because of fans having work commitments and the lack of transport to both we won't. These were big games for me and Birmingham away would have been the highlight i will now not be attending either.

Id say Brum will still sell out easily if we are around the top 6 same for Plymuff.

Ipswich - Joke

Birmingham isn't as accesible as first thought...a saturday would be so much better

Plymouth - this is where i loose out being a long distance fan

if it's any consilation Birmingham have plymouth on a tuesday night ... what's it like getting back to birstol from plymouth after an evening fixture?

Brum is doable on a Tuesday night. Last train back is 10.10pm from New Street to Parkway. It's about a 20 min walk.

I couldn't care less that there's people moaning on here that they can't make it anyway, if you can't then someone else will. As long as we've got the same mob that turned up at Charlton last season then we'll be in safe hands.

Ipswich - Joke

Birmingham isn't as accesible as first thought...a saturday would be so much better

Plymouth - this is where i loose out being a long distance fan

if it's any consilation Birmingham have plymouth on a tuesday night ... what's it like getting back to birstol from plymouth after an evening fixture?

Not good if you plan to go by train.

Based on current timetable - it looks though there is a train at 00.20 which arrives at Bristol TM at 06.30. Over 6 hours on a train. No thanks.

Next train is about 05.20 but its a considerably shorter journey.

I'd probably drive anyway and I'm not too bothered about Brum but annoyed about timing of Plymouth game. Its a good chance to meet up with friends from Cornwall which now won't get to happen - twice!!!

Brum is doable on a Tuesday night. Last train back is 10.10pm from New Street to Parkway. It's about a 20 min walk.

I couldn't care less that there's people moaning on here that they can't make it anyway, if you can't then someone else will. As long as we've got the same mob that turned up at Charlton last season then we'll be in safe hands.

Totally agree, a special night.

As a primary school teacher, I cant make midweek away games (unless they are during holidays) so it was dissapointing to get Birmingham away on a Tuesday night during term time. But even I can see that it makes more sense than having Burnley or Blackpool on Tuesday nights.

Charlton away midweek is a real gutter too...REALLY wanted to visit The Valley. :(

I'm glad they are on Tues nights as now they wont sell out so the atmosphere will be a lot better. Just look at Plymouth and WBA last season. A sell out and the atmosphere was shit apparently QPR and Soton was the same then there is Charlton which if it was on a sat would have sold out but as it was on a Tues it didn't so only those that really wanted to be there were there and the atmosphere was amazing.

It was only 750k, hardly life changing.
I could take 37 years off of work if I won that amount so to say it's not life changing is totally arrogant.

only 750k eh bristolian 76 ! maybe you should think of the old people who cant afford to put the heating on in winter let alone buy a season ticket or go to away games ! you should be ashamed of yourself ! maybe you could pay for a few local oaps to go to a game that would be a nice gesture

only 750k eh bristolian 76 ! maybe you should think of the old people who cant afford to put the heating on in winter let alone buy a season ticket or go to away games ! you should be ashamed of yourself ! maybe you could pay for a few local oaps to go to a game that would be a nice gesture

I wouldnt pay for their coc-a-leaky soup let alone a match, id rather heat my pool for a week.

Archived