IGNORED

Lansdown On The Bench?

rockin-robin

Well....perhaps not Lansdown but how about a City fan?

Reading GJ comments about the seven subs rule got me thinking. For a one off Carling Cup Round 1 game wouldn't it be fun to name a City fan as the seventh sub. I'm not saying he or she would play but just be named and perhaps "warm" the bench with the subs. If GJ already knows the subs he wants to give a run out to or may need to use during the game, why not use the seventh sub as a spare. The club could run some sort of competition and therefore make a young, or old, City fans dream come true.

Now, I know the Carling Cup is still important but echoing GJ's comments, it is likely that the seventh spot would only be filled by someone who is unlikely to play.

Is this a stupid suggestion or would it be a positive PR stunt for the club and also make a City fans dream come true?

Thoughts welcome, but please be gentle, I've already got close season withdrawl symptoms! :(

Sorry to be the killjoy, but I'd much rather see the likes of Ribiero or Plummer being brought into the first team squad then a fan. This seems to be an ideal oppurtunity to take the kind of chance on our academy prospects that GJ might not want to in a league fixture.

The club or the person would have to pay the registration fee, which I think is about £1'500? but I'm sure if the club did an auction for this they would easily get more money than that (could reserve it at the break even point)

It's not a bad idea but don't know how GJ would feel about it or the players that didn't even make the bench as a result!

Hhhmmm....not sure. Could be an easy few grand for the club if auctioned or great publicity and potentially good £ for charity. But at the same time the changing room is a very important place for the team before any game. It's their zone - no-one elses. It's where they can discuss tactics, motivate and I am sure have a good few arguments.

Anything that takes the serious edge off of that could be problematic. Especially if winner turned out to be a complete plank and caused issues.

GJ knows when it's a time to joke and relax his players. And he knows when is serious time.

"johnson said JOKINGLY"

not a hope in hell, it doesnt give out the right message, this is a very serious opportunity for the club to get a decent cup run going, and in this competition it is plausable to get to a semi-final or even a final with a lucky draw/ some good performances

obviously the league is the main focus this season as we have all got a taste of success and now we strive for more, but it is disrespectful to the competition to even consider such a thing. doncaster only did it for john ryan when there season was over and they had nothing to play for, in my opinion we have a lot to play for in the CC and therefore playing with the idea of a fan or SL representing us in a competitive game is wrong.

Well....perhaps not Lansdown but how about a City fan?

Reading GJ comments about the seven subs rule got me thinking. For a one off Carling Cup Round 1 game wouldn't it be fun to name a City fan as the seventh sub. I'm not saying he or she would play but just be named and perhaps "warm" the bench with the subs. If GJ already knows the subs he wants to give a run out to or may need to use during the game, why not use the seventh sub as a spare. The club could run some sort of competition and therefore make a young, or old, City fans dream come true.

Now, I know the Carling Cup is still important but echoing GJ's comments, it is likely that the seventh spot would only be filled by someone who is unlikely to play.

Is this a stupid suggestion or would it be a positive PR stunt for the club and also make a City fans dream come true?

Thoughts welcome, but please be gentle, I've already got close season withdrawl symptoms! :(

or perhaps they could wina competion to run the finacial side of city for a week..stupid idea or a good suggestion? :innocent06:

Archived