IGNORED

Ben Watson

garlicbread

Paper this morning said that he has handed in a request and Palarse have attracted bids of £1.25m from the likes QPR and Derby.

I'd be suprised if GJ wasnt interested. Would be a great addition and in our price range (and possibly wage structure).

Dunno if he would feel that the likes of BCFC are as ambitious or have the potential as the afrorementioned. Mind you we did p!ss all over 'em last year and we do have the best English gaffer. Who knows.

To quote the philosipher Kevin Keegan, 'I would love it' if we could capture his services

Be quality addition. Just want to pick up on one point about us pissing all over them last season. Over the play-off games we just edged them in the play-offs and over the two league games they had the better of us.

At their place they deservedly beat us.

At home we just scraped a deserved draw.

At their place in play-offs we deserved the win...just.

At our place they were the better team over 90 mins...just.

We did them in extra time nice and proper.

Anyway - I think Watson will go to a Prem club but may be wrong

Be quality addition. Just want to pick up on one point about us pissing all over them last season. Over the play-off games we just edged them in the play-offs and over the two league games they had the better of us.

Tongue was firmly in cheek percy.

You mite be right about the prem thing though

He'd be a marvellous addition for us. I don't care what people say about LJ or Carle but this guy and Marv in the middle would run riot in this division. I suspect GJ would love to bring him in but doubt we could attract him.

Get a decent right winger in as well and we could steal WBA's song about having the 'best midfield in the world'.

I was impressed with him most out of all their players, but I don't think midfield is where we need to concentrate on.

Seems like he will go to QPR. Palace have said they have offered him 'the best contract they could offer anyone at the club at the moment, and it doesn't look like he is going to accept it. It seems he and his advisors believe the grass to be greener elsewhere'. Well he wouldn't be a footballer if he didn't, huh?

Best thing about him, he's a ginger of course! Sign him on! :wub:

I was impressed with him most out of all their players, but I don't think midfield is where we need to concentrate on.

Seems like he will go to QPR. Palace have said they have offered him 'the best contract they could offer anyone at the club at the moment, and it doesn't look like he is going to accept it. It seems he and his advisors believe the grass to be greener elsewhere'. Well he wouldn't be a footballer if he didn't, huh?

Best thing about him, he's a ginger of course! Sign him on! :wub:

His experience of us last year (barring away in the league), what with our flair, style of play, unity, belief, potential, commitment (enough cliches for one day) and amazing gaffer may be enough. I'm sure he would be the king for us

Doubt it though, but would be ecstatic if he came. (matron!)

Paper this morning said that he has handed in a request and Palarse have attracted bids of £1.25m from the likes QPR and Derby.

I'd be suprised if GJ wasnt interested. Would be a great addition and in our price range (and possibly wage structure).

Dunno if he would feel that the likes of BCFC are as ambitious or have the potential as the afrorementioned. Mind you we did p!ss all over 'em last year and we do have the best English gaffer. Who knows.

To quote the philosipher Kevin Keegan, 'I would love it' if we could capture his services

I think Bolton are chasing him.

I cant see why he would come to us, Derby and QPR will have enough players to field an entire league the rate thier going, we gave him the best reason to sign when the fans rocked the gate to get city to wembley, we've got new training facilities, a new ground on the way, a great chairman, fantastic team spirit and the best manager outside of the prem. Hell with these reason why not make a cheeky bid for Ronaldo.

We deserved to win all our games vs palace except the away one. At the gate we indeed did piss all over them.

Great player but do we really want another CM? Competition is always good but with Johnson Carle Elliott Noble Skuse we have more than enough quality and IMO one of the best midfields in the championship (RM a bit shakey)

watson is a class act

would love to see him at the gate. new central midfiledrer is the las t palce we need to spend money though really. elliot is a nailed on starter and we already have lee, nobes and carle all competing for the second birth.

as good as he is, if we have enough money to afford him and his desired wages, we should be spending it in other areas like up front.

so its a yes pleae, but no thanks from me :laugh:

Although this is totally hypothetical, I think people are missing the point here.

If/when a player of Watson's calibre comes on the market for a reasonable fee, it doesn't matter if you've got ten players in his position or one because it'd evolve the team.

We may have cover in that position but none of them are up to his level or potential. If we were in a position to get him, we should bite his arm off.

Not that we'd ever be in with a chance though. :(

We may have cover in that position but none of them are up to his level or potential.

Disagree, good though he is I wouldn't put him in the side ahead of Elliott or Carle. He's got potential but there's not some massive gulf in class that would make shelling out millions for a player in a position we already have not just cover but quality in worthwhile IMO.

Although this is totally hypothetical, I think people are missing the point here.

If/when a player of Watson's calibre comes on the market for a reasonable fee, it doesn't matter if you've got ten players in his position or one because it'd evolve the team.

We may have cover in that position but none of them are up to his level or potential. If we were in a position to get him, we should bite his arm off.

Not that we'd ever be in with a chance though. :(

Agree with you 110% tin.

Sticking my head above the parapet, I would even go so far to say he is potentially, if not already better than what we have got (cue abuse)

Agree with you 110% tin.

Sticking my head above the parapet, I would even go so far to say he is potentially, if not already better than what we have got (cue abuse)

No abuse here, this boy is a very good player and was my first pick of players to be chasing if we got promoted. There of course lay the problem, as there will be a few Premier League clubs interested that can afford to pay big wages/transfer fees.

However if we can get him and he falls within our price range/wage structure I suspect we will.....But don't hold your breath :fingerscrossed:

Disagree, good though he is I wouldn't put him in the side ahead of Elliott or Carle. He's got potential but there's not some massive gulf in class that would make shelling out millions for a player in a position we already have not just cover but quality in worthwhile IMO.

For me, Watson and Elliott in the middle would be as good as it gets at this level in central midfield. The jury is still very much out on Carle.

As good as his performances were at Sheff Utd and at home to PNE, I still have doubts over his end product to prove a really inspired signing.

Of course, that could all change with a good pre-season under his belt and I hope it does but gimme someone of Watson's ability/potential any day over any of our midfielders asides from Elliott.

At the end of the day, you only sign players that are better than what you have. He falls into that category for me.

For me, Watson and Elliott in the middle would be as good as it gets at this level in central midfield. The jury is still very much out on Carle.

As good as his performances were at Sheff Utd and at home to PNE, I still have doubts over his end product to prove a really inspired signing.

Of course, that could all change with a good pre-season under his belt and I hope it does but gimme someone of Watson's ability/potential any day over any of our midfielders asides from Elliott.

He also has 7 goals(dunno how many are pens) and 10 assists last season - 1 less than our most "creative" player McIndoe.

He doesn't have Carles tricks, but is a better tackler and ( I know with more games) more end product.

But having said that as long as he goes to a team not in the CCC I would still be happy with either Carle or LJ alongside Elliott, because ANY team with Watson in it will have an improved midfield.

He'd be a marvellous addition for us. I don't care what people say about LJ or Carle but this guy and Marv in the middle would run riot in this division. I suspect GJ would love to bring him in but doubt we could attract him.

Get a decent right winger in as well and we could steal WBA's song about having the 'best midfield in the world'.

Disagree to an extent. You're right that he would be a marvellous addition for us, but if we're spending £1m+ I'd rather spend it somewhere else.

Incidently though, I think Carle is a better player than Watson and will become one of the stars of the Championship next season.

This is the funniest thing ive read in ages.

You lot are all dreaming or on crack if you think we have any chance of signing Watson, we don't have a snowballs hope in hell,

So stop getting excited and calm down, hes never comming to AG in a million years. hes Premier League bound on 20k per week. end of story.

We may aswell start a Robinho thread :closedeyes:

Disagree to an extent. You're right that he would be a marvellous addition for us, but if we're spending £1m+ I'd rather spend it somewhere else.

Incidently though, I think Carle is a better player than Watson and will become one of the stars of the Championship next season.

I agree with the Carle bit, he is quality, and with a pre-season, and a settling in period done, he will be dynamite next season.

This is the funniest thing ive read in ages.

You lot are all dreaming or on crack if you think we have any chance of signing Watson, we don't have a snowballs hope in hell,

So stop getting excited and calm down, hes never comming to AG in a million years. hes Premier League bound on 20k per week. end of story.

We may aswell start a Robinho thread :closedeyes:

I don't think people are saying 'we are' more of a 'what if/if only' feeling. There's nothing wrong with appreciating a good player from another team and debating.

And personally I maybe dreaming but I certainly don't need crack to help me do so.

I don't think people are saying 'we are' more of a 'what if/if only' feeling. There's nothing wrong with appreciating a good player from another team and debating.

And personally I maybe dreaming but I certainly don't need crack to help me do so.

Spot on. Nobody's mentioning him as a genuine target and everyone agrees he's out of our league.

I was just making the point that if he was available, and for the £1.25m price the poster said, then he's better than what we've got in the position IMHO. Not hard for people to get their heads around really is it? :dunno:

Archived