IGNORED

Will The Wurzels Be Booked For The First Home Game

I would personally prefer an inspiring, emotional speech from Steve Lansdown similar to the one he did a couple of seasons ago, when he remembered all City fans especially those who are no longer with us. That certainly focused me for the coming season.

I wanna see the Wuzels at the gate first home game of the season. Does anyone know if they will be there?

If not then i suggest a petition to get em there.

We undersign sort of jobbie.

As a big Wurzel's fan and having seen them perform many times- I Hope NOT!

Every time they come down the Gate nowadays its aload of shiite.

They don't sing live, Stumble around the pitch waving at the fans.. A Waste of time & cash!

If you want to see the Wurzels , I suggest watching 'em in a cowshed off your face on rough. Proper Job!

I cringe and hide behind my seat when the Wurzels come to the Gate.

It's the biggest embarrasing load of crap I've seen, and I saw us away against Southampton last season!

All they do is pretend to sing and walk around the pitch clapping, well done guys!!!

If there's going to be "entertainment" before games I'd much rather see local talent being given a chance to do something, or football oriented stuff for kids etc.

It's the biggest embarrasing load of crap I've seen, and I saw us away against Southampton last season!

All they do is pretend to sing and walk around the pitch clapping, well done guys!!!

If there's going to be "entertainment" before games I'd much rather see local talent being given a chance to do something, or football oriented stuff for kids etc.

Well said.

You have a point they are not that great when they have been down the gate spose nostelgia getting the better of me.

There must be a way we can kick off the season it style especially after the season we had last year.

Maybe some acrobatic display or huge fireworks display. Mind you would settle for a speach from GJ rousing the troops really get the crowd going early on.

You have a point they are not that great when they have been down the gate spose nostelgia getting the better of me.

If the Wurzels could do a live session on the pitch, similar to their perfornances in the DEH before a couple of games then it would be a great start to the season.

Wandering around the pitch miming and waving not so exhilarating.

1) Rousing speech by SL finishing with introduction for the Wurzels.

2) Farmer Bill's Cowman, Blackbird, I am a Cider Drinker, Twice Daily, Champion Dung Spreader, Drink up thee Cider etc.

3) GJ lifted shoulder high in the middle of the East End, tie flapping, megaphone and gigantic City flag in hand, and leading the chanting......

:chant6ez: Give us a Cccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :chant6ez:

:chant6ez: Gary Johnson's Cider Army :chant6ez::)

That should get the crowd going. :city:

Are you being serious?

serious as cancer when i say rythm is dancer------

not deadly no just tryin to see what would liven things up a bit for the start of the new season. Wasnt thinking we should have a huge bonfire in the centre circle and fireworks with hotdogs. maybe we will be up for after we see the new signings just really bored cos city are very frutrasting this time of year what with all the cloak and dagger stuff over transfers( Understandable so.)

FOOOOK me I'm bored waitin for news. :fastasleep:

serious as cancer when i say rythm is dancer------

not deadly no just tryin to see what would liven things up a bit for the start of the new season. Wasnt thinking we should have a huge bonfire in the centre circle and fireworks with hotdogs. maybe we will be up for after we see the new signings just really bored cos city are very frutrasting this time of year what with all the cloak and dagger stuff over transfers( Understandable so.)

FOOOOK me I'm bored waitin for news. :fastasleep:

Personally I think the thing that gets people going more than anything is bloody good selection of music.

All the old city favourites like the liquidator, hi ho silver lining (the proper version as opposed to that weird one they played at the end of last season), Chelsea dagger etc etc Chuck in some Stone roses, Specials and Oasis and jobs a goodun!

Come on you reds!

Archived