IGNORED

Never Change Shirts With The Russians

bristolcitysweden

Sorry mate, was cheering for you guys, but they looked good tonight the Russians!

I've got Croatia in the cricket club sweepstake, I'm still quite happy. All looks pretty open to me still.

Youre right. On the day they where the better team. The guys back the did a better job although they where half the age, starving and owned 0 and nothing.

FAR MORE IMPORTANT

Slaget om Stäket, knappens öga.

1 200 swedes, 15-16 years old, beat 6 000 Russians 5 km from Stockholm.

N E V E R T O B E F O R G O T T E N

Oh well, so it's now an intriguing quarter final clash between the Russian Red Army and the Dutch Orange Army. Unlike you Swedes us English have fought with just about every nation on Earth. :whistle2: Including the quarter finalists the Dutch and the Russians.......

England versus Holland - Battle of Scheveningen, 10 August 1653 by Jan Abrahamsz Beerstraaten, painted c. 1654, depicts the final battle of the First Anglo-Dutch-War. Outcome: score draw?.......

Beerstraaten,_Battle_of_Scheveningen.jpg

England versus Russia: The Charge of the Light Brigade at Balaklava by William Simpson (1855), illustrating the Light Brigade's charge into the "Valley of Death" from the Russian perspective.....

Simpson_charge.jpg

It's only a game mate - history is something completely different!

That's why most people hate us English, we went round raping and pillaging for years, now they get their own back on the football, rugby or cricket pitch!

It's only a game but the day we got an Russian oligarc as owner the AGM will be most entertaining..

; )

Never to be forgotten...........

Unlike you Swedes us English have fought with just about every nation on Earth.

Britain has never fought in war, occupied by force or had a dispute leading to deaths with only a very few countries: Mexico, Canada and Greenland most importantly as well as a few of the northern most countires in South America such as Peru. I'm not sure about which African countries we have fought against because i'm not sure if troops from German colonies fought in world war one - but it's safe to say it is very rare indeed for England to play against any other country when it is not a grudge match of some sort!

Britain has never fought in war, occupied by force or had a dispute leading to deaths with only a very few countries: Mexico, Canada and Greenland most importantly as well as a few of the northern most countires in South America such as Peru. I'm not sure about which African countries we have fought against because i'm not sure if troops from German colonies fought in world war one - but it's safe to say it is very rare indeed for England to play against any other country when it is not a grudge match of some sort!

The Daddy of all the wars we English have ever fought was actually between ourselves during the English Civil War. Bristol was on the winning side :winner_third_h4h: - the side of the English Parliament against the forces of the tyrant King Charles I.

I can not understand why you leave someone of Kallstrom's class on the bench and I am not going just on FM here I have watched him closely since his Rennes days.

Lacks pace. But did very well coming on when the Russians where a bit tired. His left foot is a real sledgehammer.

Please correct my English. Trying to improve it.

Cheers

/T

Lacks pace. But did very well coming on when the Russians where a bit tired. His left foot is a real sledgehammer.

Cheers

/T

To be honest we where a pain in the ass to the Russian at the time you where making a big deal a about the Norweigan vikings crousing over open sea to beat up skinny, red haired, freckled in coming Grimsby fans. At the time we sailed fourth the distance along Russians rivers severing countless assaults to eventually reach Istanbul. Now, thats Vikings..

Cheers

/T

To be honest we where a pain in the ass to the Russian at the time you where making a big deal a about the Norweigan vikings crousing over open sea to beat up skinny, red haired, freckled in coming Grimsby fans. At the time we sailed fourth the distance along Russians rivers severing countless assaults to eventually reach Istanbul. Now, thats Vikings..

After a good nights sleep I will be more than willing to ask for Nogbads summer amnesty for crazy posts.

Good night Bristol.

Kicking off in the Baltic sea that is :icecream:

but

never to be forgotten

After a good nights sleep I will be more than willing to ask for Nogbads summer amnesty for crazy posts.

Good night Bristol.

Miklagård, not Istanbul. Sorry.

Kicking off in the Baltic sea that is :icecream:

but

never to be forgotten

Slaget om Stäket, knappens öga.

1 200 swedes, 15-16 years old, beat 6 000 Russians 5 km from Stockholm.

N E V E R T O B E F O R G O T T E N

Russian media ignores the battle of Stäket and are instead comparing to the battle of Poltava 1709..

Welcome out of the vodka mist to modern times :dunno:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotb...ticle2722095.ab

Bloody vikings, coming over here, raping our women, pillaging our towns, and the government of the day did naff all to set about repatriating them. Wouldn't happen today, not with that nice Mr Brown in charge :noexpression:

I leave the forum alone for a week, then I come back to find there's a Swedish version of Red Goblin posting ! Good on yer mate - oh and some of us DID know what an oligarch is, you only missed out a pesky h on the spelling but it seems you have a better grasp of English than most Bristolians !

I've been to the royal palace at Drottingholm (I think?) and was amazed at (a) how little fuss is made of it - there were only twelve people waiting to get in the day I went, imagine that at Buck House! and (b) what a long and bloody history the Swedes have had. Fair play to those teenage kids I say. Mind you there's eff-all else to do in those long winter nights ...

I leave the forum alone for a week, then I come back to find there's a Swedish version of Red Goblin posting ! Good on yer mate - oh and some of us DID know what an oligarch is, you only missed out a pesky h on the spelling but it seems you have a better grasp of English than most Bristolians !

I've been to the royal palace at Drottingholm (I think?) and was amazed at (a) how little fuss is made of it - there were only twelve people waiting to get in the day I went, imagine that at Buck House! and (b) what a long and bloody history the Swedes have had. Fair play to those teenage kids I say. Mind you there's eff-all else to do in those long winter nights ...

Fair shout, there's a Swedish version of me bringing the fine history of his country to our attention. I do have a Scandinavian sounding name - perhaps we're related? :whistle2: .....

Simpson_charge.jpg

This poem was written to memorialize a suicidal charge by light cavalry over open terrain by British forces in the Battle of Balaclava (Ukraine) in the Crimean War (1854-56). 247 men of the 637 in the charge were killed or wounded.....

"The Charge Of The Light Brigade" by Alfred, Lord Tennyson 1809-1892....I often quote the text I've put into bold type to my wife when told to do some DIY........

Half a league, half a league,

Half a league onward,

All in the valley of Death

Rode the six hundred.

'Forward the Light Brigade!

Charge for the guns!' he said:

Into the valley of Death

Rode the six hundred.

'Forward, the Light Brigade!'

Was there a man dismayed?

Not though the soldier knew

Some one had blundered: