IGNORED

Disgrace!

gater2

Havent we already been through this after the Oldham game ?

And simply saying its part of football isnt good enough - because it SHOULDN'T be part of football.

In my opinion there IS something which can be done - our club needs to make some sort of statement saying it considers this sort of chanting to be unnacceptable - and promising to throw out ANYONE caught doing it.

Then there would be no confusion.

Oh, come On. If you bothered to read the Ashton Gate Ground Regulations (they are posted up outside every turnstile block) you would know that they purport to take racist chanting very seriously. So seriously in fact that anyone caught offending will be ejected, and banned from the ground. Yeah right. Tough words indeed. As I said earlier in this thread, every match I attend is rife with racist chanting, some directed at foreigners, some towards Cockneys, some towards the Welsh. It's all the same. And whats more, we get it back in equal measure. I have never, ever, seen a steward so much as glance in the direction of an offender or group of offenders, because they know that it is a losing battle, and they would stir up a right hornets nest by moving in. As an experiment, at the Brighton game, the first time anybody hears anything remotely resembling a racist chant or shout, report it to the nearest steward, and I can gaurantee that he/she will shrug their shoulders and ask you to return to your seat ( being stood up is a MUCH more serious offence you see).

Guest Harry May

I very much doubt there will be any racist chanting towards Brighton fans next Saturday.

More likely to be some very un-pc homophobic chanting , if I remember rightly from past BHA games.

Caldicot Red.

Would agree with what most people have written here.

But I was just looking at the QPR message board and was AMAZED that the same message had been posted on their board !!! under the heading "Disgraced to be a football fan today"

What the hell is the point in going on there to report this ??

It has no relevance at all to QPR !, just spreading a bad BCFC story onto other clubs boards.

How many other message boards has this been posted on?

It was 100% fair point to put it onto our board but QPR's, now I don't understand that one at all ! :unsure:

Sorry that was me, I've got a very good friend who's a QPR fan and I often go onto their message board after our games to talk to them about the football. I didn't want to spread bad news about BCFC I was just pointing out there is still a problem like this in the game; it's part of what message boards are for, to discuss relavent issues in football and I wanted to see their views on it.

I'm very sorry if it's offended you however.

I'm affraid many of you how every well intentioned are very nieve.

Race relations are a very sensitive issue and requires an objective stance from ALL perspectives to put into a correct context.

My point is all abuse of a personal nature is wrong wether it being questioning somebodies parentage OR what ever. In thing trying to catorgorise levels of abuse as some of you have done is aboslutley ridiculous.

In saying the Welsh or Cornish thing is more acceptable than making asian references you create a two tier tolernace, which believe me is very counter productive and causes resentment.

Both sets of fans were quilty of questinable behaviour yesterday. None of you have made refference to the intimidation by "Luton" fans outside the ground yesterday in which one City fan a young girl stood up to maronic behaviour until the Police got involved.

I am not or never will be ashamed to be a City fan (dissapointed may be!). I go to watch my team week in week out and over the years have seen many situations that I would not have wished to but then so do I, if I go out on a Saturday night or turn on the TV.

Just add my tenpennorth here:

The Your only a small town in...

Why is that if Asians/Black are mentioned, its racist, however add Welsh/Scottish, or God forbid German/French etc its not???

In a perfect world it all would! I live near Luton, and there is tension round there currently with a pro Bin Laden/Islamic fundamentalism group called Al Moujaharoun (excuse spelling) which apparantly means immigrant or settler?

It may have been an unwise chant due to this, cos white Lutonians are not happy with these people, and their anti American in particular, but anti Western rants in general. For most people it was just banter, but for those muppets who want trouble, or any NF ######s they meant it. Its inflammatory because these people reject our world (but not our benefits, i'll bet) and its priveleges, and responsibilities, and some people, resent it.

For the PC brigade, try lightening up a little, because most of this is banter, and it will always exist. All of us who have been immigrants, and yes I am as well, get a bit of this, for Crissakes we expect it. In our former countries we would be the same. Its called being British (Or substitute country of choice). Racism, is also prevelant among these people too, indeed among most people in the world towards others. It is sadly human nature.

All I would say is use caution with these chants. I personally thought it was borderline, but I could smile knowing it was mostly banter form our fans. It would probably have been better not to, but that is the way of the world.

Archived