IGNORED

Thoughts/predictions For The Coming Season?

Portishead Red

So who do you think will be promoted this year? What about relegation candidates?

C: Birmingham

P: QPR

PO: Sheff Utd

PO: Forest

PO: Derby

PO: Wolves

RE: Donny

RE: Swansea

RE: Blackpool

RE: Burnley

I think we will finish in mid-table this year with scoring being a problem. Your thoughts???

For City top half would be great. A fair expectation that can take us all the way if it is to be.

Obviously depends on who comes in. Be happy with top half with a late surge towards the play-offs. I think this is a very important season for us, to not get ahead of ourselves and be realistic.

Birmingham

Derby

Reading

QPR

Will be in the top 6, no particular order. I expect Sheff Utd to fancy their chances as well. Right winger, 2 strikers and depending on the Carle (who i don't rate as highly as noble) situation, another midfielder and i'd say we got a good chance of playoffs.

I'd love to see top 6 again but so far............can't see it based on transfer moves so far

personally selling Carle (apparently) and getting Williams I believe makes us weaker squad, though there is still a while to go for players to join, so I'll save any real predictions till start of season

plus we didn't start like a rocket last season either ....... drawing the first 2 games .......

stats on first ten games were ......

DRAWN : 5

WON : 4

LOST : 1

GOAL FOR 14,

GOALS AGAINST : 10

it was our defence that secured the good start last season .......

we could well start with the same back 5 this season.

lots of reasons to be positive .

:englandsmile4wf:

We will struggle if we don't sign a goalscorer at least;

QPR,Brum, Reading,Palace,Charlton and Wolves will be in the shake up; we are going to have to spend to be with them :yes: :noexpression:

Wolves are my outside bet. I think they have made some good signings and with Ebanks-Blake I think they have one of the leagues best strikers. I don't think McCarthy is a bad manager, and I see them being in the top 4. Birmingham I fancy to have a good season, as they have a good team and are probably the favourites to go back up. I predict 1st place for them, as they have a good manager and a good squad. Charlton I feel could be anouther outside bet. They aint a bad team and good have a good year.

Derby had a poor season last year but in Jewell I feel they have a top, top manager and if they can build on the squad that got them promoted 2 years ago (don't know how many of them are still around though?) I can see them having a good season. I predict play offs for them though because I reacon they could go through a bad spell, espically after there dissaster of a season just gone.

Much is expected of QPR but I think next year will be the year for them. There is little doubt that eventully they will be playing premier league football with the money they have, but I am unconvienced about their manager and I think they will have to wait a year before there time comes.

Reading, Seffield Utd and Watford are the other teams I feel could be up there at the end of the season. Sheffield Utd were close to the play-offs at the end of last season, and perhaps with one more game they would have got there. If they can carry that form into next season they will be up there, and I can see them being in the top 4.

As for us, I feel we could be in the same position as Reading. We will have a good season I'm sure but its tough to call where we will finish. If we can sign a striker then there is little doubt we have what it takes to get into that top 2, but I think with many teams a lot stronger this year it will be the play offs again for us. We can beat every team in this league but unless we get a '1 goal in every 2 games' striker in I cant see us getting into the top 4. My prediction for us is 5th which I feel would be brilliant for us. I think this would build on a reputation as an established Championship team and who knows what can happen in the play offs.

Whatever is to happen it is sure to be a brilliant season though. There are some top teams next season and some cracking football will be played. On thing is for sure though, In Gary Johnson I trust and who knows, maybe just maybe we will go one better this season.

Personally, i see us challenging again and believe a play off finish is our aim. i don't think we'll be up in the top two as much as we were last year and would guess the top four would consist of Wolves, Brum, Reading and Sheffield Utd who finished very well.

Throw Charlton, Forest, Palace and QPR in the mix also, and i think we'll be doing well to hit play offs.

We have a tremndous manager and the bones of a good squad, so anything is possible.

(DISCLAIMER - I maintain my right to alter these views until the season kicks off on August 9th!)

Archived