IGNORED

Steve Mclaren

robins72

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7427342.stm

Well that was a bit of a suprise I expected him to stay in England!! I see this is where Luke Wilkshire plays. Did Luke play there when Mclaren was manager of Boro?

Yes, Wilkshire played under McClaren at Middlesbrough.

I think it's a terrific move for McClaren - he's joining a club in a country where the English press care very little for their domestic game.

However, whether it's a good move for Twente remains to be seen.

Yes, Wilkshire played under McClaren at Middlesbrough.

I think it's a terrific move for McClaren - he's joining a club in a country where the English press care very little for their domestic game.

However, whether it's a good move for Twente remains to be seen.

probably is a good move for mcclaren like you say not under the spot light also ex england failed to qualify to a major tournament even if a chairman of any (english) club wanted him would the fans, i doubt it very much

probably is a good move for mcclaren like you say not under the spot light also ex england failed to qualify to a major tournament even if a chairman of any (english) club wanted him would the fans, i doubt it very much

Exactly, it took Graham Taylor a number of years to be reborn after his failure and he's looked at as someone statesman like figure within the game now! He was a far worse manager than McLaren.

Steve McLaren's biggest fault was taking the biggest job too soon. He needed more experience with a bigger club first, however it seems impossible to get that in this country now as the jobs come along so rarely. He certainly has coaching ability and learning the trade with a few different clubs abroad will probably do him the world of good, especially as it's away from the English press.

Mind you, Twente are in Europe this season which could be good, could be bad. What happens if/when they get drawn against an British club?!

Archived