IGNORED

Boyd

Nibor

If skint as a tramp Cardiff can make a bid for Kris Boyd surely we can better it?

The guy's 24 and scored 51 in 57 starts for Rangers in the league, better than one in two for Killy before that, has a year on his contract and they have about a million strikers - we have already have a couple of jocks to help him settle in.

Very unlikely he'd come of course but if you don't ask you don't get.

I heard a rumour about this but couldn't believe it was possibly true. This guy is pretty much exactly what we need at the club, a goalscorer. I'd be over the moon if we signed him and would put him top of my shopping list. Anyone know how much Rangers are looking for? That's if they will sell anyway

Cardiff are spending their money from the Ramsey deal which i believe was £5 million up front. Id be very surprised if we could match their bid based on this, and as £2.5 million has already been turned down surely we wont be able to meet Rangers asking fee anyway. The player himself could surely lead a lower mid-table Premier League line given his impressive scoring record. Cant see any realistic way of it happening. I continue to be intrigued as to whether we will be spending equivalent amounts to those being touted for Moteab on the few other players who will add quality to our squad. An acceptable bid for Boyd would surely consume virtually all of our transfer funds or, more likely, far surpass them.

i reckon we should definitely make an enquiry.

he will cost a few bob but if cardiff get a look in then he may consider us.

maybe we could go about 2.5 mill, then slap a load of 'ifs' on the deal dependant on getting to prem/scoring goals etc

would love to see him at the gate.

did someone say 20 goal striker??? take a bow mr boyd

If skint as a tramp Cardiff can make a bid for Kris Boyd surely we can better it?

The guy's 24 and scored 51 in 57 starts for Rangers in the league, better than one in two for Killy before that, has a year on his contract and they have about a million strikers - we have already have a couple of jocks to help him settle in.

Because he is a " big " name player with a proven record at a high level.

For whatever reason GJ does not sign such players.

End of.

IMO Would be a fantastic signing, But very unlikely!

& i expect some on here would say his record is only in Scotland ala Emad Meteb in Egypt.

Suggested earlier this week that Boyd could be a target as Rangers have about 10 strikers on their books at the moment. Can't see us splashing out £2.5m on one player though, and he's got two ex Gers team mates at Baadif already. Be gutted if he goes there, he would score a shiteload in the CCC.

Would love to see him sign for us has a fantastic strike rate, but there must be something wrong with his attitude as he fell out with Paul le Guen first and now Walter Smith. Especially seeing as he score regular in the spl but stil smith didn't start with him. Would love to see something like him and Riordan up front next season they score for fun if given the chance.

My guess as to why Cardiff and not us, is because they are a club with a proven track record on spending huge sums that they can't afford and since '82 we're not.

Err....Bristol City are heavily in debt, so we obviously have been spending money we can't afford since '82.

Cardiff have raked in big fees from the sale of Ramsey, Chopra & Gunter over the last 12 months + the proceeds from the cup run. They probably feel they can invest something back into the squad at this point.

Because he is a " big " name player with a proven record at a high level.

For whatever reason GJ does not sign such players.

End of.

Ho-ho RttW, keep on pushing your agenda! I don't know about you but I've always been upset that GJ did'nt try and sign that big name striker Robby Fowler or Jimmy Hassleblah!

Ho-ho RttW, keep on pushing your agenda! I don't know about you but I've always been upset that GJ did'nt try and sign that big name striker Robby Fowler or Jimmy Hassleblah!

Anyway, Boyd's not a big name player, a paltry 4 letters. :nono:

And.... GJ almost signed Finbogasson last year. :tomato:

Err....Bristol City are heavily in debt, so we obviously have been spending money we can't afford since '82.

Cardiff have raked in big fees from the sale of Ramsey, Chopra & Gunter over the last 12 months + the proceeds from the cup run. They probably feel they can invest something back into the squad at this point.

So that court case over their £30M loan is all just a dream, then?

So that court case over their £30M loan is all just a dream, then?

Nope, Cardiff are still in the mire, but they're in better shape than they were 12 months ago and I'll give them credit for that.

It doesn't alter the fact that Bristol City are still heavily in debt, were still losing money and we shouldn't be getting too cocky about other clubs debts given out past record

Talking as a season ticket holder at ibrox,ive been watching boyd play for and against rangers over the last few seasons even though the man can score goals i would probaly be right in saying there wouldnt be to many bears disapointed if he moved on, This season he didnt start to many games but still ended up the top scorer which says alot for is finishing,he would have defo got more starts if beasley and burke were not injured as they would have been the wide players putting the ball in the box as it was smith played most of the season 4-1-4-1 and boyd even though hes a big lad he couldnt lead the line to save is life, he is a born 18 yard box predator,if he did end up at city i think a partnership with adebola would be a partnership that would score for fun,hes one of those players who seems to jump a foot higher in the box but frustrates out side the box if you know what i mean but thats what prolific goal scorers do i suppose,any way i think the wages would be a barrier, as far as cardiff are concerned they seem to have a fixation with ex rangers players they already steve thompson, steve mclain, gavin ray and one other thats slipped my mind

i for one would be over the moon if he ended up at the gate heres hoping anyway

51 in 57 very impressive against the likes of Gretna. We are not going to pay £3m for a player. End of. Besides if you pay £3m for a player what would you expect his weekly wage to be....out of our league and thats that. Cardiff have been paying £20,000 plus per week for Fowler and the same plus for JFH so they have the money freed up to use.

We wont be signing him I feel.

Archived