IGNORED

Signing A Striker

redrebel

No one really knows what is going on but I see in one of the papers that Wolves have made a bid of £1.7million for Aaron McClean, the Peterborough striker.They seem able to go out and sign strikers at will yet we seem to permanenetly struggle to do the same thing.I really hope we get someone this year who can score regularly because surely we won't get away with such a severe lack of a proven goalscorer as we have for the last two years.

Well I don't usually go in for spreading pub gossip but I'll make an exception! Last night I was told by (wait for it) a bloke who works with a scaffolder who claims to be the uncle of one Mr Frederick Eastwood, that Freddie is presently in discussions with BCFC.

Do I believe it? Not sure really. The source sounds extremely tenuous. However, Freddie fits the bill for the "fox in the box" striker which we so badly need and we know that he doesn't fit into Mad Mick's plans at Wolves. No doubt we'll learn more over the next couple of weeks.

Don't shoot the messenger!

Peterbrough have stated they wan £3m for McLean plus an extra £2m in clause, quite frankly that is rediculous.

Yessir (the man in the know) has made it apparent that our current targets seem to be Tyson and Emad Motaeb so lets just sit back and see what happens.

I have no doubt we will have at least 2 new strikers for the new season :)

No one really knows what is going on but I see in one of the papers that Wolves have made a bid of £1.7million for Aaron McClean, the Peterborough striker.They seem able to go out and sign strikers at will yet we seem to permanenetly struggle to do the same thing.I really hope we get someone this year who can score regularly because surely we won't get away with such a severe lack of a proven goalscorer as we have for the last two years.

I'm willing to struggle again next season like we have for the last two seasons. :noexpression:

I think Eastwood is quality but I just don't see him being a Johnson player. The reason city have been so succesful over the last couple of years is due to team spirit and togetherness. Speaking to Wolves fans Eastwood is meant to be an absolute nutter and I can't see Johnson taking this kind of risk.

Well I don't usually go in for spreading pub gossip but I'll make an exception! Last night I was told by (wait for it) a bloke who works with a scaffolder who claims to be the uncle of one Mr Frederick Eastwood, that Freddie is presently in discussions with BCFC.

Do I believe it? Not sure really. The source sounds extremely tenuous. However, Freddie fits the bill for the "fox in the box" striker which we so badly need and we know that he doesn't fit into Mad Mick's plans at Wolves. No doubt we'll learn more over the next couple of weeks.

Don't shoot the messenger!

If this bloke left the pub to go back to his caravan then I might believe this!

Wouldn't be a bad signing though!

The amount of rumours in BS3 i heard yesterday were pretty stupid, Nick Carle to Sheff Utd for 2m, Eastwood here for a million, Elliot to Pompey for 3m, heard it all! If we did get Eastwood i would be delighted, the type of player we would need, didnt get a chance at Wolves and could lead our line brilliantly.

I think Eastwood is quality but I just don't see him being a Johnson player. The reason city have been so succesful over the last couple of years is due to team spirit and togetherness. Speaking to Wolves fans Eastwood is meant to be an absolute nutter and I can't see Johnson taking this kind of risk.

AND.the wheels on his house go round & round !!!

The amount of rumours in BS3 i heard yesterday were pretty stupid, Nick Carle to Sheff Utd for 2m, Eastwood here for a million, Elliot to Pompey for 3m, heard it all! If we did get Eastwood i would be delighted, the type of player we would need, didnt get a chance at Wolves and could lead our line brilliantly.

From what i've heard, we are after a striker at wolves and i am led to believe GJ's relationship with McCarthy is a key factor is discussions. However, don't be surprised if Eastwood is a cover story as i hear we're very interested in Keogh...........

Remember there were no McIndoe rumours before he signed, so don't be surprised if it's under wraps until it's done.

From what i've heard, we are after a striker at wolves and i am led to believe GJ's relationship with McCarthy is a key factor is discussions. However, don't be surprised if Eastwood is a cover story as i hear we're very interested in Keogh...........

Remember there were no McIndoe rumours before he signed, so don't be surprised if it's under wraps until it's done.

Gary said before that he didn't want Eastwood:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3628350,00.html

Andy Keogh....Now that would be a hell of a signing. Would have thought would cost at least 3 mill. Surprised they would be interested in letting him go though! Don't supose you can say where you heard this from?

Archived