IGNORED

Elliott And Carle

Nogbad the Bad

Rumours abound that several clubs are interested in Nick Carle and Marvin Elliott, and most would hope City would reject any offers out of hand.

But what if the cash from one sale could make the difference between us getting two top quality new strikers instead of one?

Meteb and Lita, Meteb and Maynard? Boyd and Maynard? Take your choice, with several million from the sale, we'd have the extra cash to bring any of them to AG.

Could we afford to sacrifice one of our star midfielders - for a big fee - in order to acquire the sort of strike force that would almost guarantee we score 20 extra goals next season?

Elliott and Carle are excellent young players who also have alot of potential improvement to come, that's why they're attracting interest.

Normally I'd be 100% against either going, but the news today that Crewe are open to offers for Maynard makes me wonder if cashing in on one of them could provide the extra funds to improve the team dramatically.

Should City be determined to repel all offers and build the team around Elliott and Carle or take the cash for one and up our striker sights to buy the likes of Maynard? :dunno:

If the rumours doing the rounds in BS3 today have any foundation to them then it's a conundrum that may be occupying the thoughts of GJ and SL this very evening.

Rumours abound that several clubs are interested in Nick Carle and Marvin Elliott, and most would hope City would reject any offers out of hand.

But what if the cash from one sale could make the difference between us getting two top quality new strikers instead of one?

Meteb and Lita, Meteb and Maynard? Boyd and Maynard? Take your choice, with several million from the sale, we'd have the extra cash to bring any of them to AG.

Could we afford to sacrifice one of our star midfielders - for a big fee - in order to acquire the sort of strike force that would almost guarantee we score 20 extra goals next season?

Elliott and Carle are excellent young players who also have alot of potential improvement to come, that's why they're attracting interest.

Normally I'd be 100% against either going, but the news today that Crewe are open to offers for Maynard makes me wonder if cashing in on one of them could provide the extra funds to improve the team dramatically.

Should City be determined to repel all offers and build the team around Elliott and Carle or take the cash for one and up our striker sights to buy the likes of Maynard? :dunno:

If the rumours doing the rounds in BS3 today have any foundation to them then it's a conundrum that may be occupying the thoughts of GJ and SL this very evening.

What you banging on about Boyd for ....we cant afford the £3mill plus it would take to bring him here. As for the others, from what I have heard (yeah from my source, who i am not going to start talking about credibility wise) we are only interested in Meteb, Lita and Maynard are no's....!

Tyson is a maybe, but forget massive money if Meteb comes in.

Why would we want to sell Carle or Elliot if money is being made available anyway ?!?

What you banging on about Boyd for ....we cant afford the £3mill plus it would take to bring him here. As for the others, from what I have heard (yeah from my source, who i am not going to start talking about credibility wise) we are only interested in Meteb, Lita and Maynard are no's....!

Tyson is a maybe, but forget massive money if Meteb comes in.

Why would we want to sell Carle or Elliot if money is being made available anyway ?!?

So the 3m. plus we get for Marvin/Carle would cover the Boyd fee, so we could afford him.

This would be extra money on top of our current transfer kitty to up the standard of our 2nd signing, or perhaps both.

Maynard might be a 'no' according to your source but that may be because we can't afford him, at the moment. :doh:

If we are to truly move forward and develop in to a consistently good team in this division we need to keep Elliott and Carle and spend money on a goalscorer.To suggest selling either of these players is plain stupid.How long has it taken since the Tinnion heydays to get a good midfield.Now we have you start talking about selling one of them.What sort of progress is that.We had a playoff final , a numbert of sell out crowds and more money from being in the Championship plus Steve Lansdown said he will back Gary in the transfer market.Why the hell sell our best players unless we want to be back in League 1.

We shouldn't be selling Elliott or Carle to anyone.

The Elliott rumour is all tabloid b***ocks that's come from the Mirror (surprise surprise) and the Carle rumour sounds like it eminated from a chat in the Lions this afternoon. Talking about their imminent departures will only inflame it all and increase the possibilities of a players head being turned.

The reported £1.5m is clearly already there to go out and get someone like Maynard as that was the sum bid for the Egyptian. I'd much prefer we keep our players and spend that money on Maynard than on a huge gamble.

So the 3m. plus we get for Marvin/Carle would cover the Boyd fee, so we could afford him.

This would be extra money on top of our current transfer kitty to up the standard of our 2nd signing, or perhaps both.

Maynard might be a 'no' according to your source but that may be because we can't afford him, at the moment. :doh:

Not at all, its because we don't want him - certainly not in front of Meteb. Once you have manged to pay the £3m for Boyd - how you paying his £20k plus per week ?????

Then how you going to go about replacing Carle / Elliot or both !!? Thats if you have spent the money - all of it on a striker ? What you going to do - play Cole Skuse there ?!?

Its not going to happen....believe me.

Not at all, its because we don't want him - certainly not in front of Meteb. Once you have manged to pay the £3m for Boyd - how you paying his £20k plus per week ?????

Then how you going to go about replacing Carle / Elliot or both !!? Thats if you have spent the money - all of it on a striker ? What you going to do - play Cole Skuse there ?!?

Its not going to happen....believe me.

Boyd was just an example of someone who may become affordable.

My own choice would be Maynard, so much smaller fee and wages than Boyd. At the moment it seems we couldn't afford Maynard and Meteb, for example.

I was talking about Elliott or Carle, certainly not both.

I wouldn't want to sell either of them but I do want to see our strikeforce massively improved.

Boyd was just an example of someone who may become affordable.

My own choice would be Maynard, so much smaller fee and wages than Boyd. At the moment it seems we couldn't afford Maynard and Meteb, for example.

I was talking about Elliott or Carle, certainly not both.

I wouldn't want to sell either of them but I do want to see our strikeforce massively improved.

I know what you are getting at Nogbad, but tere is no way in the worls GJ would let Carle or Elliot go....unless it was mor ethan what he expected cash wise....you know whatthey say - every player has his price.

with regards Maynard - I again agree - affordable along with Meteb and wages so as well....from what i've heard though, we aren't in for him.

The Elliott rumour is all tabloid b***ocks that's come from the Mirror (surprise surprise) and the Carle rumour sounds like it eminated from a chat in the Lions this afternoon. Talking about their imminent departures will only inflame it all and increase the possibilities of a players head being turned.

The reported £1.5m is clearly already there to go out and get someone like Maynard as that was the sum bid for the Egyptian. I'd much prefer we keep our players and spend that money on Maynard than on a huge gamble.

No harm talking hypotheticals tin surely?

Keep both Elliott and Carle and sign Meteb and, for example, Tyson or...

Sell one and buy Meteb (assuming this deal is already probable) and Maynard with enough left over to get Croft as well? :dunno:

Id love to have two awesome new strikers but i think that keeping carle, elliot and mccindoe together in the midfield is more important.

we know exactly what we are going to get from mcindoe and elliot, and I'm really excited about how good nick carle could become now he has settled.

id be happy with one new striker (providing they have some pace) to play with dele and keep the midfield together.

Johnson has already said he won't get rid of our best players and Elliott had an outstanding season last year and Nicky Carle has played well since joining and will be big for us next season.

Unless bids of around 5m-6m come in then we should reject any enquiries or offers.

Sell one and buy Meteb (assuming this deal is already probable) and Maynard with enough left over to get Croft as well? :dunno:

You are way off the mark. Croft isn't on the radar. The meteb offer is nothing to do with selling Elliot or Carle.

• Admin

Everyone acts as though spending vast sums on Maynard, who let's remember has never played above League 1, is almost guaranteed to be repaid with goals galore.

Over the last 3 years, the following strikers have scored 20+ goals in League 1 and gone on to play in the Championship the following season (either through promotion or transfer). Here are their records upon arrival:

Steve Howard: 16 goals in 43 games.

Leroy Lita: 11 goals in 26 games.

Freddy Eastwood: 11 goals in 42 games.

Luke Varney: 8 goals in 39 games.

Lee Trundle: 6 goals in 38 games.

Sam Parkin: 5 goals in 22 games.

Billy Sharp: 4 goals 29 games.

Adam Boyd: 1 goal in 18 games.

That's an average record of 8 goals in 32 games. Doesn't exactly excite me. Is it any wonder Johnson is looking to foreign climes in an attempt to better that?

If we are to truly move forward and develop in to a consistently good team in this division we need to keep Elliott and Carle and spend money on a goalscorer.To suggest selling either of these players is plain stupid.How long has it taken since the Tinnion heydays to get a good midfield.Now we have you start talking about selling one of them.What sort of progress is that.We had a playoff final , a numbert of sell out crowds and more money from being in the Championship plus Steve Lansdown said he will back Gary in the transfer market.Why the hell sell our best players unless we want to be back in League 1.

All very well rr but to push on, or even maintain our position, City need to improve our dire goalscoring record considerably.

We had a great season but, in truth, pitifuly low scoring - how many times did City score 3 goals in a game? :dunno:

Fair, but knowing how rumours start and grow out of proportion I don't see how this can do anything but turn a players head.

It's all good an well discussing it if one of them have come out and said 'I want to leave' or whatever but they haven't. They're both happy with us for the time being and long may that continue. Enjoy it while it lasts.

The money's already there to pay for a striker(s) without selling and we don't need to sell parts of the foundation that have got us where we are today. If we do, it will collapse all around us.

Fair, but knowing how rumours start and grow out of proportion I don't see how this can do anything but turn a players head.

It's all good an well discussing it if one of them have come out and said 'I want to leave' or whatever but they haven't. They're both happy with us for the time being and long may that continue. Enjoy it while it lasts.

The money's already there to pay for a striker(s) without selling and we don't need to sell parts of the foundation that have got us where we are today. If we do, it will collapse all around us.

If we could afford the likes of Maynard as well without selling then that's the best of all worlds.

As for turning heads, confirmed offers the players then become aware of may do that, not close season filling internet fans' prattle on a forum. :innocent06:

Everyone acts as though spending vast sums on Maynard, who let's remember has never played above League 1, is almost guaranteed to be repaid with goals galore.

Over the last 3 years, the following strikers have scored 20+ goals in League 1 and gone on to play in the Championship the following season (either through promotion or transfer). Here are their records upon arrival:

Steve Howard: 16 goals in 43 games.

Leroy Lita: 11 goals in 26 games.

Freddy Eastwood: 11 goals in 42 games.

Luke Varney: 8 goals in 39 games.

Lee Trundle: 6 goals in 38 games.

Sam Parkin: 5 goals in 22 games.

Billy Sharp: 4 goals 29 games.

Adam Boyd: 1 goal in 18 games.

That's an average record of 8 goals in 32 games. Doesn't exactly excite me. Is it any wonder Johnson is looking to foreign climes in an attempt to better that?

Wow madger

cheers for posting that info. When you see those stats you cant help but take notice.

so thats one in the eye for signing players from lower leagues.

so that leaves us with going abroad, signing proven champ goalscorer, or going for out of favour prem player

The more i read the more I'm liking the sound of Meteb. we neeed to get him accross early as poss so he has time to settle before start of season. Egypt to england must be a culture shock. Saying that i think theres a lot of flights to egypt from bristol airport, so maybe we can give him a few weekends off if we have a cup game :laugh:

I would definately keep Elliott before Carle. If so, hope to see McIndoe in his natural position, central midfield.

No idea.

As far as I could see, it's no different to any other thread containing rumour about players.

The Elliott to Middsbro/Derby rumour hasn't been locked.

Neither has the Emad Meteb thread.

What's so different about the Carle thread ?

That's interesting. Watch this space and one or two others methinks.

Archived