IGNORED

Relegation Payments

WarksRed

I thought they had already spent their parachute money way back...

Either way, GJ has stated that none of our players are for sale, building up the squad not selling it, etc etc etc..

Well that quote has been blown out of the water hasnt it!!

Jewel wouldn't offer this amount, if he didn't have this relegation money :disapointed2se:

http://clubfanzine.com/derby_county/forum....hp?id_t=53789#2

:englandsmile4wf:

This is the problem with parachute payments. They are creating an imbalance in the CCC - those that have been in the premisership and those that haven't. I expect there will be a day when all the clubs that are in the top half of the Championship would have been in the Premier league and anyone else will just be battling against relegation back to League 1.

It most certainly has.

Not a lot of substance behind those words I'm afraid and it doesn't fill me with any confidence at all.

Every player has his price of course and we don't know what's going on with Carle - but if Marvin goes as well, then we'll have a very good idea of what's going on.

What will the be then?

It most certainly has.

Not a lot of substance behind those words I'm afraid and it doesn't fill me with any confidence at all.

Every player has his price of course and we don't know what's going on with Carle - but if Marvin goes as well, then we'll have a very good idea of what's going on.

Unless GJ's hand has been forced re:carle.

Carle could have said he wanted to leave or perhaps there was a clause in Carle's contract if we didn't get promoted...

I'm confident that Marv will be staying.

We will know that we are still a selling club despite all the noises about pushing for the Premier League.

As I said - we don't know the ins and outs of the Carle deal, but after going public and issuing a hands off warning to all clubs bidding for our players, to accept a bid for one of the most promising days later does not fill me with any confidence at all.

Whose to say we don't accept 3m for Marvin now ?

OMG - yeah. And then we'll may sell Basso, and Carey and Fontaine and the rest of the 1st team squad along with them. Oh god, Conference here we come!!!!!

I think you know what I was saying - this club has a tradition of selling it's best players when it gets an attractive offer.

We won't any offers for Carey or Fontaine or Mcindo or Sproule or Trundle etc etc etc, but we will for Marvin.

If it is 2.5m+ I think there is a very good chance that he will go.

Every player at every club has his price - it's only what constitutes an attractive price that changes. I don't see that we're any different.

I think you know what I was saying - this club has a tradition of selling it's best players when it gets an attractive offer.

We won't any offers for Carey or Fontaine or Mcindo or Sproule or Trundle etc etc etc, but we will for Marvin.

If it is 2.5m+ I think there is a very good chance that he will go.

I would like to disagree with you, saying traditions are there to be broken maybe. It does depend where we see ourselves. I was convinced that when we went through the Playoffs that we meant it, that we wanted to be a Premier League club. We are putting everything in place, training facilities, new ground etc and if we now go and sell the very assets that are going to get us up there must have been a big U-turn.

And worst of all, the man who will take us there will be tempted away.

As I said, I'd like to think I'm right but can't help listening to you.

Has anyone got the link to the main site saying we have sold Carle?

Sorry to be pedantic but we haven't sold him. We've agreed to sell him(and probably agreed the price), but until contracts are signed la de d a., you won't see anything on the OS.

Sorry to be pedantic but we haven't sold him. We've agreed to sell him(and probably agreed the price), but until contracts are signed la de d a., you won't see anything on the OS.

Exactly! So why are people slagging off the club, GJ, our ambitions etc based on a rumour! Seems madness to me. Lets just wait until we hear something concrete or does that sound too much like common sense?! :rolleyes:

Exactly! So why are people slagging off the club, GJ, our ambitions etc based on a rumour! Seems madness to me. Lets just wait until we hear something concrete or does that sound too much like common sense?! :rolleyes:

Crikey you should read the forum rules mate

"Cl 12.1 On entering OTIB the member clearly agrees to leave all common sense and rationale at the door"

Archived