IGNORED

Strengthening The Squad

City1970

I find the Carle situation strange. Gary Johnson brought him in to strengthen the squad and Nick did just that. However, Johnson has said he wants to keep his best players and he wants to take this club forward. Can we assume that Carles replacement is better than Nick Carle, otherwise, the squad will be weakened If Carle is sold and we don`t sign a better replacement.

I got faith in Gary Johnson and I believe he will come good.

I think that everybody needs to chill.

Ok Carle may have gone(not quite yet), but I think that we will have to assess whether or not the squad has been made stronger in August, not June, when all transfer activity both in and out has been completed.

It is just unfortunate that Carles apparent demise has occured before any new signing has been announced.

But I guess that is just the way it is sometimes.

Sit and wait people - patience is a virtue.

Unfortunately when there are no games to look forward to we all hang on to every inch of news eminating from the Press and on occasion the club. Hence the intensity of the 'Carle Thread'.

My own opinion is that of surprise and disappointment. However as always we must continue to trust in GJ. If he doesn't deliver the replacement then we can moan.

Always Believe.

I think that everybody needs to chill.

Ok Carle may have gone(not quite yet), but I think that we will have to assess whether or not the squad has been made stronger in August, not June, when all transfer activity both in and out has been completed.

It is just unfortunate that Carles apparent demise has occured before any new signing has been announced.

But I guess that is just the way it is sometimes.

Sit and wait people - patience is a virtue.

agree mate

will always remember at newcatsle when keegan sold andy colec the geordies was up in arms throwing there ale out the prams then a couple of weeks later shearer arrived and it was a case of andy who???

if carle does leave i have every faith in gj and sl to bring in a better player

agree mate

will always remember at newcatsle when keegan sold andy colec the geordies was up in arms throwing there ale out the prams then a couple of weeks later shearer arrived and it was a case of andy who???

if carle does leave i have every faith in gj and sl to bring in a better player

I thought of this myself. The only difference is that KK stood on the steps of St. James Park and explained the reasons and asked for people to trust him ....and they did.

I think a simple short statement from the club or GJ would sooth the current situation and add some patience.

Tbh, I really don't mind who GJ brings into the squad over the next few weeks. Whoever comes in will be here to play for city - not just journeymen money-grabbers. A lot of managers criticise their own players for not being fit to wear the shirt, but do nothing about it. I don't think GJ is one of those. If he brings someone in and they don't commit themselves to the team and club, they'll be off again.

The most important thing IMO is just to freshen things up a bit in the squad - to inject a bit more pace and fluidity into our game, and bring a couple of different personalities into the dressing-room - then light the blue touch-paper and go for it again.

agree mate

Cole left newcastle Jan 95

Shearer joined them July 96

bit more than a few weeks

Cole left newcastle Jan 95

Shearer joined them July 96

bit more than a few weeks

Your're right.

Wasn't it Keith Gillespie that moved as part of the cole deal to Man Utd.

A bit later (can't remember exact timescale), Les Ferdinand joined Newcastle pre-Shearer.

Shearer followed after Ferdinand.

Archived