IGNORED

Short Stays

SuperDziek

Nick Carle's possible departure got me thinking - how many permanent signings have stayed for a shorter period of time in recent years? (apart from, say, short term deals)

Paul Wimbleton (i'm sure he wasnt here that long) and Tony Dinning immediately come to mind, but can't think of any others.

I'm sure i'm missing out some obvious ones. Anyone got any ideas?

He certainly wasn't a bad buy-if your use of his name is suggesting that.Top scorer in a relegation season with more goals than any of our players last season.Then when he goes we make more than double the money we paid for him.Akin-come and buy me,was good business.We are not going to see the same return on our last million pound signing and unfortunately unlikely to see as many goals!!

Nick Carle's possible departure got me thinking - how many permanent signings have stayed for a shorter period of time in recent years? (apart from, say, short term deals)

Paul Wimbleton (i'm sure he wasnt here that long) and Tony Dinning immediately come to mind, but can't think of any others.

I'm sure i'm missing out some obvious ones. Anyone got any ideas?

Tony Grant.

Tony Rougier I thought he was only on loan? Also Darren Caskey i thought was only with us on trail during the pre season?

We signed him on loan or on non-contract terms on deadline day march 2004. Never played a game in the run in then when Tinnion took over gave him a trial in the pre season. He had a few run outs for the reserves but that was about it didnt ever make the matchday squad.

Archived