IGNORED

Antoine Sibierski

MATTBCFC

Thread pulled on here the other night that said we were to sign Antoine Sibierski for £1m.

If thats the case, we just saved ourselves a million cause the Sun are running this in thir sports transfer news today .....

Wigan forward Antoine Sibierski has been told he can leave the club on a free transfer. (The Sun)

Premier League experience....would we be interested....? Should we be ?

Think people are getting too big for their boots here.

Sibierski has been a decent target man in the Premier League for years. Man City, UEFA Cup with Newcastle, alright Wigan arent exactly glam...

But Championship, he'd do fine. Players with years of Premier League experience are lightyears ahead of our squad.

We saw last season how a distinctly average Boro side turned up over with ease.

Always been impressed with him when I've seen him, but do we need another target man? Unless one of Brooks or Dele are off then don't see why we need him.

He's a step up from those, although not sure he would get the speculative goals that Brooks does.

Think people are getting too big for their boots here.

Sibierski has been a decent target man in the Premier League for years. Man City, UEFA Cup with Newcastle, alright Wigan arent exactly glam...

But Championship, he'd do fine. Players with years of Premier League experience are lightyears ahead of our squad.

TBH I agree with you. He may not be fast or w/e but he has a very good touch and seems to get goals out of nothing.

He's a step up from those, although not sure he would get the speculative goals that Brooks does.

Don't disagree with that, but do we need 3 of them?

Can't see Dele going just yet (although Carle is!), so if the rumours about Brooks falling out with GJ are true then maybe something might happen.

Sibierski is great in the air, can see him loving playing with wingers either side of him.

whats all this about goals? he had a good start last season but i would like to know how many in total he has scored over the last 3/4 seasons!

he wouldnt add anything different to what we all ready have. infact he would take away cus you would need to play to his strengths and lump the ball up to him instead of playing like we can.

Got to say, as good as he may well be for this club, I ain't getting too excited about Sibierski playing for this club.

426 career games 83 goals less than 1 in 5

Plus he will be 34 before the season starts.

Plus he would be on a decent whack (countered by a free transfer so a 1m fee could be divided by the No. of years he would be here)

Good player and a hard working, honest player as well. Not sure his wages would be that huge, wages at Wigan below average for the Premier League I would expect. Not sure he would offer more to the team then Dele though, and at 34 (I think) I don't really think he's what we should be after.

Ddin't Newcastle change his position due to a lack of fit players and put him upfront or in the hole instead of a usual defensive midfield role and that was when he started scoring a few goals?

I for one would not be impressed if we signed him though.

<quote>We saw last season how a distinctly average Boro side turned up over with ease. </quote>

Was that a lot of the same side that a certain League 1 side took to penalties the season before?

Ddin't Newcastle change his position due to a lack of fit players and put him upfront or in the hole instead of a usual defensive midfield role and that was when he started scoring a few goals?

I for one would not be impressed if we signed him though.

Was that largely the same side that a certain League One team took to penalties the season before?

A successful team is usually based on a the right combination of experience and younger players. Although Sibierski has got a fair bit of experience and probably would do a good job in the CCC for a couple of years, I just can't see Johnson bringing someone like him in

I wouldn't mind about his age, he's probably got a couple of years in him and the way players move around these days no different from bringing someone in and selling within 6 months :laugh: - also used to always put him in my dream teams because he was always a relative budget player but turned in good performances and quite a few goals

Archived