IGNORED

Anyone Know When Orr's Contract Runs Out?

YattonRed

NO WAY!!!! bradley is a great player, one of my favourites at city but he is not a premier league player. his defensive incapabilities and proneness to mistakes would make him an easy target for quality wingers, at this level he is ok, but he makes enough mistakes as it is, imagine himup against a really good winger. he is brilliant at anticipating things and hs first touch is amongst the best ive seen but premier league would be a step too far for bradley i think

he is under contract for more than a year as the club said all our players had at least one year on there contracts except thos released and those who were offered new deals, keogh etc.

don't shout me down I am just passing on first hand info.

I was in a bar in Barcelona 2 weeks ago and low and behold the guy sat next to me is Hull City's fitness coach, we were discussing Bradley and his injury etc and he was saying that Hull City will make a bid for him as they rate him very highly. You all have to rememeber he may not be the most gifted however he has heart. Pros and managers recognise him for this.

I am not saying he would go and am just passing on what i was told - go easy

He signed a 2 year deal in June 06 but GJ said fairly recently that all the contracts were sorted out earlier in the season so I assume he's got a new deal since then.

As far as I am aware this was all due to be sorted out after the Play-off Final. I do not know if anything has happened since then.

However I have been speaking to a Portuguese guy called Christi something and he says that contracts are not worth the paper they are written on. :innocent06:

NO WAY!!!! bradley is a great player, one of my favourites at city but he is not a premier league player. his defensive incapabilities and proneness to mistakes would make him an easy target for quality wingers, at this level he is ok, but he makes enough mistakes as it is, imagine himup against a really good winger. he is brilliant at anticipating things and hs first touch is amongst the best ive seen but premier league would be a step too far for bradley i think

he is under contract for more than a year as the club said all our players had at least one year on there contracts except thos released and those who were offered new deals, keogh etc.

Slightly harsh IMO. I remember someone mentioned a while back If h gets done by the winger once early on In the game he tends to tighten up and not let it happen again. I'm not saying he only ever get beaten once by the winger in every game but in general he usually learns from his first mistake in a game.

don't shout me down I am just passing on first hand info.

I was in a bar in Barcelona 2 weeks ago and low and behold the guy sat next to me is Hull City's fitness coach, we were discussing Bradley and his injury etc and he was saying that Hull City will make a bid for him as they rate him very highly. You all have to rememeber he may not be the most gifted however he has heart. Pros and managers recognise him for this.

I am not saying he would go and am just passing on what i was told - go easy

Fair play Bubble. But did the Hull guy confirm that he was out in Barcelona to do the pre-transfer fitness test on E'to to check that he could last the pace playing alongside Windass next season?

He signed a 2 year deal in June 06 but GJ said fairly recently that all the contracts were sorted out earlier in the season so I assume he's got a new deal since then.

In the long interview a few weeks back where Gary talked about contracts, he said Orr had been offered a contract but was yet to sign it.

No idea if anything's changed since then though.

Fair play Bubble. But did the Hull guy confirm that he was out in Barcelona to do the pre-transfer fitness test on E'to to check that he could last the pace playing alongside Windass next season?

:-) No he was on holiday, then he was going to Italy where hull are due to do there preseason fitness training

If I remember rightly when Orr's contract came up before he took quite a while to sign it, there was lots of 'will he won't he' at the time. He later dismissed this saying that it was always his intention to sign and it was just a case of him being away etc that had delayed things. He's been through a lot since then and I would be very surprised if he is tempted elsewhere.

A very consistent member of the team. I'd like some news about his injury though.

I was at the gas when Liverpool came in for Nicky Tanner who at the time wasnt even good enough to keep a permanent place in their first team.

Eveyone said he wouldnt make it and then proceeded to play in excess of 100 first team games for the best side in the land.

Top clubs have top coaches that can turn players into something else if they can see it.

Its all about the breaks and a coaches opinion.

Exactly what we are all doing on here, discussing opinion.

If everything was cut and dried and everyone agreed, then we wouldn't have anything to talk about.

He is one of the worst defenders I have ever seen.

Sabri that is, not Brad.

He is indeed, but a hell of a player going forward. Ivan could learn from him how to beat a full back at pace and deliver a cross. If Gary wants to sign any Turkish players I'd be delighted. What a fantastic attitude and spirit they had.

Archived