IGNORED

Marvin Elliott

chowie

Fair play Marv's been putting some extra work in.

Bradley Johnson has given himself a head start on his Leeds team-mates by starting his pre-season training two weeks ahead of schedule.

Johnson and Gary McAllister's Leeds side were due to begin their summer programme at Thorp Arch next Friday but the 21-year-old midfielder will attend a training camp run by former Bradford midfielder Jamie Lawrence in London this week.

Johnson told the Yorkshire Evening Post: "I've had my two weeks away, and I'm at the stage where I'm ready to get back into training.

"I've been working in south London with Jamie Lawrence and a few other players like Marvin Elliott and Jason Puncheon. It costs us to hire Jamie and to hire the facilities, but it's worth the money. The training keeps you in shape and helps to warm you up for pre-season.

"I don't know whether it will give me an edge over other players, but I know that I'll be going back as fit as I can be. This is my first pre-season with Leeds and I want to get as much out of it as possible."

Bradley Johnson has given himself a head start on his Leeds team-mates by starting his pre-season training two weeks ahead of schedule.

Johnson and Gary McAllister's Leeds side were due to begin their summer programme at Thorp Arch next Friday but the 21-year-old midfielder will attend a training camp run by former Bradford midfielder Jamie Lawrence in London this week.

Johnson told the Yorkshire Evening Post: "I've had my two weeks away, and I'm at the stage where I'm ready to get back into training.

"I've been working in south London with Jamie Lawrence and a few other players like Marvin Elliott and Jason Puncheon. It costs us to hire Jamie and to hire the facilities, but it's worth the money. The training keeps you in shape and helps to warm you up for pre-season.

"I don't know whether it will give me an edge over other players, but I know that I'll be going back as fit as I can be. This is my first pre-season with Leeds and I want to get as much out of it as possible."

Fair shout Marv....I'd like to think that afte how close we were last time, they'd all be up for a bit of extra training before pre season

How about- Stephen Elliot and Steven Ward?? :)

How about you keep your Elliot and we'll keep Marv? :dunno:

I can't see Elliott following Carle, but if he does it will be for much more money and to a Premier League club.

It would take a near ridiculous offer, and even then there would be severe ructions around BS3 if it was accepted.

Worth a try!!!

Thing is, ask some Wolves fans and they seem to think Keogh and Olifinjana aren't good enough!!

I know Football is a game of oppinions but WTF.

Olifinjana is in my view easily one of if not the best midfielder in this league, every time i've seen him hes been awesome, i'd hapily take him and he'd be one of the only Championship midfielders that i'd take to replace Elliot.

Keogh is quality as well.

I know some people rate certain players higher than others but that would be like some city fans deciding that Carey and Marv are a load of old crap.

I know Football is a game of oppinions but WTF.

Olifinjana is in my view easily one of if not the best midfielder in this league, every time i've seen him hes been awesome, i'd hapily take him and he'd be one of the only Championship midfielders that i'd take to replace Elliot.

Keogh is quality as well.

I know some people rate certain players higher than others but that would be like some city fans deciding that Carey and Marv are a load of old crap.

I was just thinking thta Carey and Marv are useless, and don't get me started on that clown in goal.... :closedeyes:

Fair play Marv. As for Marvin going to wolves, wouldn't be surprised if they were interested with olofinjana set to leave, but I would be shocked if he went there, and for 2 mil - no chance.

Shows what type of attitude he has, loves his football, fair play Marv..the Scholesy of Championship. :worship2:

Haha, rumors of Elliot off are rubbish, he loves it here and recognizes he owes a lot to GJ for making him the player Millwall couldnt.

£4m rated player, becuase thats what we would have to spend to replace him.

Great professionalism from Marv there. I'm sure that'll go down very well with GJ too. Lets hope a few others are following his lead.

I'll say this only once, if City decided to sell Elliott to Wolves of all clubs I reckon there would be riots over it. A lot of people are already hacked off with this Carle business and the prospect of selling our single best player to another club on a level footing as us would be a step too far. As for £2m, I reckon Wolves would have to at least double it to even get to speak to him and even then I reckon he'd chose us over them.

Great professionalism from Marv there. I'm sure that'll go down very well with GJ too. Lets hope a few others are following his lead.

I'll say this only once, if City decided to sell Elliott to Wolves of all clubs I reckon there would be riots over it. A lot of people are already hacked off with this Carle business and the prospect of selling our single best player to another club on a level footing as us would be a step too far. As for £2m, I reckon Wolves would have to at least double it to even get to speak to him and even then I reckon he'd chose us over them.

You're not wrong there Tin - if there is any truth in this and he's sold then it would undo all the hard work GJ has done over the last couple of season. £2m nowhere near enough, and even if Wolves doubled it then I'd like to think City would be strong enough to turn it down, unless Marv wanted to go, of course.

Can remember seeing riots on tv when Fiorentina sold Baggio to Juve in the 90's - they would have nothing on us if Marv went! Still not too fussed about Carle going, think Williams could be a bargain, but Marv - no way!

Archived