IGNORED

New Signing Today

6hobbsy66

I would'nt be surprised if this is true - I was thinking yesterday if they had signed someone already this week, then they probabaly could'nt unveil them until the concert was over - there would be to much going on for interviews etc.

I'm happy with this signing.

Bit like buying a second-hand car - without spending a fortune - if you buy a decent audi that was quality when was it was younger, it will still have lots of miles in it (and will be the business when you've polished it up and given it a bit of tlc), whereas buying a brand new (or demo) renault megane - **** car when new, and will always be a **** car! get my drift........ :noexpression:

Yippee! My pulse is really racing at this one! :noexpression:

Know where you're coming from mate, but I remember the signing of Marvellous Marv getting the bird on here as well and the Millwall lads gave him lousy press too.

Not the exciting signing aluded to, but could be another useful club in the golf bag that is BCFC.

Its probably beating at the same level as when we signed Adriano Basso and Marvin Elliott.

Very good point, and one not to be forgotten.

Trust GJ to unearth the rough diamonds and turn them into top players. With all the fanfare about trundle, sproule, vasko etc, who performed the best during the first half of the season? Elliott. Who's to say Williams is not our next superstar?

Anyone got a work friendly link to his history?

Know where you're coming from mate, but I remember the signing of Marvellous Marv getting the bird on here as well and the Millwall lads gave him lousy press too.

Not the exciting signing aluded to, but could be another useful club in the golf bag that is BCFC.

Quite right. The point in my thinking is that we should be in a better position now to attract a better quality of player than taking gambles on players like Elliott last season. Our reputation has been enhanced so in theory we should in a stronger position to attract a higher calibre player. I just don't think we can keep unearthing unknown gems like that forever.

The blokes got quality, of that there is no doubt, but how many games are we going to get from him to justify £300k+? I'm sure GJ knows what he's doing, just hope there's something more exciting in the pipeline than another ex-Yeovil player.

Calm down tiger. Cold showers for you today Tin.

None of that needed for me mucker! Half day and an afternoon on the golf course in the pipeline today! :winner_third_h4h:

None of that needed for me mucker! Half day and an afternoon on the golf course in the pipeline today! :winner_third_h4h:

Shame I'm in Peterboorugh, or I'd happily join you for a round. Where are you playing?

Looking like Clevedon at the moment but may go for a spin round Thornbury. Me and my Gash mate ain't decided yet.

Wish I could join you. My scores on the par 3 have been improving with every round this summer!

Alas, my leg is still rather painful :surrender:

Looking like Clevedon at the moment but may go for a spin round Thornbury. Me and my Gash mate ain't decided yet.

Have a good one.

I wasn't a golfer when I was growing up in Bristol, so can't say I know the courses. The only courses I've played down that way is the Players Club and Bowood out near Chippenham.

Always Thornbury, great par 3 course that is kept as well as their high course, mate of mine went to clevedon last week and had nothing but bad things to say about how poorly it was kept.

Always Thornbury, great par 3 course that is kept as well as their high course, mate of mine went to clevedon last week and had nothing but bad things to say about how poorly it was kept.

Clevedon in bad nick? Can't believe it - meembers wouldn't stand for it!

Par 3 course? What's that all about then - less walking?

Have a good one.

I wasn't a golfer when I was growing up in Bristol, so can't say I know the courses. The only courses I've played down that way is the Players Club and Bowood out near Chippenham.

Cheers. My Gash mate beat me by one shot last week so I owe him one!

Bowood is an absolute beauty. I haven't played the Players but have heard that's a good un as well. Mendip Spring down Congesbury/Churchill way is personal favourite of mine, as is Tall Pines next to the Airport. Looks like we're playing Shire now anyway.

I'm off. Laters.

Quite right. The point in my thinking is that we should be in a better position now to attract a better quality of player than taking gambles on players like Elliott last season.

I don't think that a player is necessarily a gamble just because you or I or any other fan hasn't heard of them.

I doubt very much that GJ and PJ ever considered Elliott to be a gamble and I'd suggest that as long as Williams passes a fitness test given what they know of his ability the same applies.

I'd much rather us continually find players like Carle, Williams etc than spend £2m on someone who comes with a reputation and a big fat salary.

Besides, we need the cash for strikers.

I'm happy with this signing.

Bit like buying a second-hand car - without spending a fortune - if you buy a decent audi that was quality when was it was younger, it will still have lots of miles in it (and will be the business when you've polished it up and given it a bit of tlc), whereas buying a brand new (or demo) renault megane - **** car when new, and will always be a **** car! get my drift........ :noexpression:

Not really no; Audi's are like bone shakers. I have experienced greater comfort on a pogo stick.

On the other hand a Rover 75/MG ZT or, better still, an XJ Jag has a sublime ride :noexpression:

Archived