IGNORED

Does Anyone Have A Photo Of A City Kit?

bringbacktherobin

I think it was a 3rd away kit, had black, and green stripes, i can only remember it on a front of a programme with Martin Kuhl talking to Joe Jordan on the front, i must have only been 5/6.

Does anyone have a photo of it? I want to buy one in the nearish future.

Might do. I'll have a dig around. Will take a couple of days though.

Seem to remember it was another one-season wonder kit.

Sorry to go all anorak but it got me wondering and I reckon it was 95-96. That's if it's the kit I'm thinking of. I think there was a thin stripe (or hoop actually) of red in it too.

It was definitely worn at Swindon that season.

Was it the worst away kit ever? Up there with purple and green, champagne gold or whatever it was. Got a feeling there's been a thread on this recently but heck, it's summer, and it's a change from the transfer talk.

Sorry to go all anorak but it got me wondering and I reckon it was 95-96. That's if it's the kit I'm thinking of. I think there was a thin stripe (or hoop actually) of red in it too.

It was definitely worn at Swindon that season.

Was it the worst away kit ever? Up there with purple and green, champagne gold or whatever it was. Got a feeling there's been a thread on this recently but heck, it's summer, and it's a change from the transfer talk.

Yea thats the one, red black and green. I would have only of been 6 so it was probably quite a nice kit through the eyes of a 6 year old.

Yea thats the one, red black and green. I would have only of been 6 so it was probably quite a nice kit through the eyes of a 6 year old.

Sure. Probably looked okay as a leisure shirt. Or may it's just the fact we lost 2-0 at Swindle that very wet day, if I remember rightly.

Was it the worst away kit ever? Up there with purple and green

Hey, come on now, that has to be one of the best away kits EVER! And it wasn't just green - it was lime green! :sun:

We had one of our best results in modern times with this kit. I bet Grahame Souness still has nightmares about City in these colours. :rofl2br:

Hey, come on now, that has to be one of the best away kits EVER! And it wasn't just green - it was lime green! :sun:

We had one of our best results in modern times with this kit. I bet Grahame Souness still has nightmares about City in these colours. :rofl2br:

True. Bring back the purple and green. I knew there was a reason to like it, so thanks for the response. One thing was, it looked more like blue in the pics in the EP. Maybe in these days of digital and millions of pixels it would come out better.

Anyone remember we wore all green at West Ham for a night game. They didn't need the floodlights.

I think it was a 3rd away kit, had black, and green stripes, i can only remember it on a front of a programme with Martin Kuhl talking to Joe Jordan on the front, i must have only been 5/6.

Probably do on an old programme but scanner's not working so can't put in on here. Although talking of garish kits, I found this interesting site. www.premiershirts.net/hos :no:

Um, okay my scanner does work. Just didn't know how to use it properly! I've scanned the image but not sure if I can post it on here (copyright, etc ...). If you send me your e-mail address I can send it to you.

P.S. The previous link should be www.premiershirts.net/hos.htm

err, this is not great but I've found a couple of prints from a match at Bradford. I can't upload the originals because although I scanned them the files are about ten times bigger than a digital pic and won't upload onto my webspace. I don't know much about this sort of caper, just muddle through.

So this is just a crude digi pic of the print (if it works).

2143287510025520842S425x425Q85.jpg]

Archived