IGNORED

What Would You Change About Football?

gater2

What frustrates you about the laws of the game when you're in the stands of AG? Also, what about the transfer system/governing bodies etc?

For me:

Goalkeepers WAY too over protected - too many fouls given in the box when the keeper jumps for the ball

Refs should clamp down even more on diving, all Fifa initiatives to do this have failed!

Refs should clamp down on player who, when a foul is given kick the ball away or pick it up so the other team don't have the opportunity to take it quickly.

Transfer window is rubbish.

Standing in stands should be brought back (in the safest way possible)

Can't think of any more now..

Being treated like cattle by police and stewards is the most frustrating part.

They will talk to some chavvy ####s outside shops on a Friday night (who have been giving sh!t to passers-by all evening), like they are their best friends and then come to football Saturday and talk to a 45 year old dad with his kids in presence like he is something they would wipe off their shoes.

Completely illogical and disgraceful.

What frustrates you about the laws of the game when you're in the stands of AG? Also, what about the transfer system/governing bodies etc?

For me:

Goalkeepers WAY too over protected - too many fouls given in the box when the keeper jumps for the ball

Refs should clamp down even more on diving, all Fifa initiatives to do this have failed!

Refs should clamp down on player who, when a foul is given kick the ball away or pick it up so the other team don't have the opportunity to take it quickly.

Transfer window is rubbish.

Standing in stands should be brought back (in the safest way possible)

Can't think of any more now..

All the suckers who buy replica shirts year in year out for robbery prices.. they cost about £3 to make by bangladeshi kids on 50p a day... when you lot think next about what to have written on the back have a thought for them and, perhaps, keep your money in your pocket.

I spend a lot on the City but that is one thing i avoid like the plague. utter exploitation.

I get pee'd off by players feigning injury when tackled - "drawing a foul" as the commentators call it in basketball. It only serves to interrupt the flow of the game when everyone knows that it's merely a time-wasting ploy.

I would introduce a mandatory 5-minute "can't return to the field of play" period once the trainer has been called onto the field by the ref. For those who are genuinely injured it won't be so much of a problem. For those that are feigning injury it will act as a deterrent.

Of course, then the opposition could deliberately set out to injure your star player to enforce a 5-minute absence at a critical time in the game, so evidently I haven't thought this through sufficiently. But I do think that I have the germ of a good idea.

Defenders who, inexplicably, forget that there's someone that they are supposed to be marking, and run moth-like towards the ball leaving a fat, bleached haired, old striker - who can barely get his foot above his waist - enough time to execute his trademark volley into the net.

Goalkeepers who don't clatter anyone (including teamates) in their way when coming to claim a ball

Players who, relentlessly, hang on to the ball too long - causing their teamates to run offisde.

Unfair citicism of vertically-challenged midfield players for trying to get a team moving through short, quick passing movements.

Players who are brilliant one week, then the following week can't go past a defender who has slipped on his arse, and still has time to get up in time to make a tackle.

Generally, defending from the 'it should never happen to a footballer' DVD compilation

Managers who say 'there's nothing more I can do' when their team is playing badly

COLIN

If a player gets injured due to a foul by the opposition and requires treatment it's always struck me as unfair that he has to leave the field. You then have to play with 10 men for a period and are at a disadvantage due to foul play.

Thing that winds me up in matches are when we keep possession by knocking it along the back line or into midfield only to eventually pass back to the keeper who then hoofs it up field anyway from a much deeper position. England do this a lot. Can understand keeping possession if you're looking to move the opposition around and create space to attack but when it ends with a kick from the keeper and a 50:50 ball it's pointless.

I'm sick and tired of getting behind my team and the library types who sit around me and looking at me as if i'm mental! :w00t:

I think they should introduce a boring old fart section where people can sit in completely silence whilst sipping bovril. I'll put my bother down for the first ticket in this area :fear:

Aside from the obvious things that make football sh!t (lack of atmosphere, terracing, money etc), one thing that really irks me is when defenders obstruct an attacker whilst 'shepherding' the ball out of play.

When the attacker tries to win the ball, he's penalized.

Anywhere else on the pitch and it would be a foul!

Do something to stop crap German teams getting to major finals.

Change the rules so that City will win a play off final.

Take time keeping away from refs and have more like the American football system where it's the time the ball is in play that counts. This would put a stop to time wasting and would forever remove the Fergie/Warnock arguments about added on time.

Reintroduce the 10 yard rule for dissent. Also, book and send off players for fowl and abusive language towards officials. These measures are the only way to get some respect back into the game.

Take a lead from the English ref in the Euro's so that refs start to give penalties for defenders manhandling forwards at corners and free kicks. That would soon put a stop to it.

Penalising defenders who don't just shield a ball out of play but physically manhandle the forward off the ball.

Overprotection of goalkeepers at corners and free kicks.

Overprotction of prima donna's.

Letting the game have back some of the physical contact that makes it the greatest game in the world.

Finally, stopping money dominating the way the game is developing. The gap between the top of the game and the rest it getting worryingly wide.

Do something to stop crap German teams getting to major finals.

Change the rules so that City will win a play off final.

Take time keeping away from refs and have more like the American football system where it's the time the ball is in play that counts. This would put a stop to time wasting and would forever remove the Fergie/Warnock arguments about added on time.

Reintroduce the 10 yard rule for dissent. Also, book and send off players for fowl and abusive language towards officials. These measures are the only way to get some respect back into the game.

Take a lead from the English ref in the Euro's so that refs start to give penalties for defenders manhandling forwards at corners and free kicks. That would soon put a stop to it.

Penalising defenders who don't just shield a ball out of play but physically manhandle the forward off the ball.

Overprotection of goalkeepers at corners and free kicks.

Overprotction of prima donna's.

Letting the game have back some of the physical contact that makes it the greatest game in the world.

Finally, stopping money dominating the way the game is developing. The gap between the top of the game and the rest it getting worryingly wide.

mmm i'll go along with that.

Also, England never have to qualify for a major tournament, we are there on merit because its our game, otherwise we'll just take our ball away. :pacifier:

Stop kicking the ball out every time a player falls over and fiens, most of the time, being pole axed; let the ref control the game.

Ban offside rule completly;

Players that clearly obstruct other players by sheparding the ball out of play;free kick award every time;

Sin bin players who gang up on refs;

Video playback for incidents inside penalty area;

Penalty for tarty shirt holding in area;

4 foriegn imports max per team;

Ban draws, team with the most shots on target in event of draw gets 3 points, :o

Archived