IGNORED

Peacock For Scotland!

RedM

Sorry if it has already been posted but I thought I would pass on some info from tonights Evil Post.

Lee peacock wants to play for Scotland, and if he helps BCFC to get to the 1st division it will go a long way for him to deliver his dream.Apparently he has struck a purple patch again after a barren spell. This was after an explosive goal-filled start to the season for him. He believes the best years are ahead of him.

He had become disheartened with his form but after chatting to the club psychologist helped him through. He says the same has even happened to Ruud Van Nistelrooy. He said he spoke to Brian Jones after Danny 'didn't think his head was right'

He recognises playing in the 1st division would help his scotland ambitions. He says 'Scotland are having to look further afield for players and it would be nice to think someday they will look my way. I should be coming into my prime now and hopefully I have a lot to offer still. And i am still improving'

Anyone else think that he is in cloud cuckoo land or is Scottish football in a worse state than I thought.

It must rate up there with his famous quote during our unbeaten run,. when he said something about we could go all the way to the end of the season without loosing.

Can someone please break it to him gently that the only Scots internationals we are likely to have are called Murray & Miller.

He also seemed to hint that he has felt insecure over his contract being allowed to run out. With him having an addition to the family this season (his daughter Skye) he now has an extra mouth to feed, so as any of us would, he has been concerned about the fact that he still doesn't know where he will be playing football next season. This is the flip side of getting our players to "play for their contracts", as it can cause unrest in the player's mind. Not excusing Lee for some poor performances this year, just offering a reason.

Guest Red_Rat

Give him a break, if he beleives i say fair play to him. At least he has ambitions and knows what he wants.

I just now hope he does get capped so all you lot can shove your words up your arse.

Give him a break, if he beleives i say fair play to him. At least he has ambitions and knows what he wants.

I just now hope he does get capped so all you lot can shove your words up your arse.

Ahh we have another peacock worshiper here. Bow down to the almighty lee peacock. Have you seen any games this season? He is bolox , he does nothing that a striker should and he misses sitters , give me miller and roberts up front with lita on the bench instead anyday.

Ahh we have another peacock worshiper here. Bow down to the almighty lee peacock. Have you seen any games this season? He is bolox , he does nothing that a striker should and he misses sitters , give me miller and roberts up front with lita on the bench instead anyday.

I also have witnessed Lee Peacock miss some real sitters in recent games. His heading ability has 'gone to pot', Peacock does get good service - perhaps he needs a rest? Having written that I'm not forgetting his 2 goals against PlyMuff that have earned us 6 points :(

Verdict on Lee Peacock - nice bloke, can score nice goals but his strike/goal ratio is very poor for the service he receives. :angry:

Possibly, because he's not good enough? :( You dont just get a chance because you want it :angry:

There lies the problem for Lee Peacock. Bristol City FC, believe it or not, is a high profile club. Had Lee Peacock scored enough goals for BCFC this or last season then he would have been noticed by the Scottish FA - as was Scott Murray last season and he was given a trial. :D

Scotland is in a crisis anyway, but I honestly can't see LeePee getting a chance on his current form.

Vogts may be a bad choice for manager but I can't see anyone doing better with the lack of talent they have in Scotland currently.

I think that it is great that he still has ambitions and i think he could get into scotland if murray is capable why wudnt lee. He is a strong player and when he aint scoring he is setting up goals i think it is mean that you dont even have faith in your own players i say well done to him for having an ambition like that give lee a break hes had to put up with a lot of stick lately and on the plymouth game he got us right bak into the promotion race. U dont even appreciate him 4 that. He seems to be the new roberts these days always getting grief!!!!

International football is such a high degree of quality that players from the lower leagues don't often cut it. Now at the front this is even more so, with quality strikers at a premium.

To ask a player used to playing against (and failing to score against) teams of the like of Luton, Wycombe, Stockport and Rushden, then picking him to score against Germany, Holland and Belgium is asking far too much.

Guest Bristol_Babe

Didn't even realise Lee P was a Scot! But fair doos... If he has a challenge in his path, let the man fight it to win the prize...

Still think Miller and Murray got a better chance of making the team though.

Archived