IGNORED

Johnson Quote

kingswood red

Is this a contradiction or just paper talk again? http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/WTPSDetail/0,,1...1331167,00.html

Is this about letting carle go? saying he was on of our best players. Maybe when he played, apparently he is not fit enough and GJ don't think he will last a season.

thats a good enough reason for me to let a player go.

Is this a contradiction or just paper talk again? http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/WTPSDetail/0,,1...1331167,00.html

Confirms that GJ didn't see Carle as one of our star players.

I was just wondering what GJ's reaction would have been if Warnock had come in with a similar value bid for Lee Johnson rather than Nick Carle? Does he see Lee as one of our star players?

Confirms that GJ didn't see Carle as one of our star players.

I was just wondering what GJ's reaction would have been if Warnock had come in with a similar value bid for Lee Johnson rather than Nick Carle? Does he see Lee as one of our star players?

Do you not?? Do you think Carle is better than Johnson??

Surely nobody thinks that.....actually this is the City Forum I suppose.

apparently he is not fit enough and GJ don't think he will last a season.

thats a good enough reason for me to let a player go.

If you look at Carles appearances for us it might be a fitness issue: Of the 14 starts he made for us he was taken off in 12 games of these games and only lasted the full 90 mins in two matches Plymouth Home/ Sheff Utd away (incidently we lost both).

He did manage 113 minutes on the pitch in the play off home leg v Palace but was again brought off in extra time and of course he was taken off again at Wembley..

I'm sure the Sir Gary has a reason for accepting Palaces offer and this may be it..

If you look at Carles appearances for us it might be a fitness issue: Of the 14 starts he made for us he was taken off in 12 games of these games and only lasted the full 90 mins in two matches Plymouth Home/ Sheff Utd away (incidently we lost both).

He did manage 113 minutes on the pitch in the play off home leg v Palace but was again brought off in extra time and of course he was taken off again at Wembley..

I'm sure the Sir Gary has a reason for accepting Palaces offer and this may be it..

I suspect you're right but then again how often has David Noble lasted the pace? Mind you I think David is a more talented footballer than Nick and more likely to deliver an end product.

I was at the Sheffield utd game and Carle was magnificent, so much so that the utd fans were waxing lyrical about him afterwards, on their forums, talking of him as a potential summer target.

Confirms that GJ didn't see Carle as one of our star players. I was just wondering what GJ's reaction would have been if Warnock had come in with a similar value bid for Lee Johnson rather than Nick Carle? Does he see Lee as one of our star players?

I totally see your point! No way would we accept a bid for lee. And nick was keeping lee out of the team.

We should not be letting carle go purely on thinking he isnt fit enough because he looked pretty good to me and has the summer to get himself in perfect shape. In my opinion there must be something behind the scenes because carle was gettin better with everygame and looked like real star potential. Time will tell.

I was at the Sheffield utd game and Carle was magnificent, so much so that the utd fans were waxing lyrical about him afterwards, on their forums, talking of him as a potential summer target.

One Swallow does not a summer make.

Yes Carle's a good player but he is now a Crystal Palace player (or will be very soon) so we have to get over him and hopefully this Williams wll be a good replacement..

It says on one of the Ipswich sites that Williams is costing us only £100,000 so its a good deal all round, if we can get £1m'ish for Carle and Williams can produce the form he was in when West Ham signed him..

Yes i know he has also had fitness/injury problems but most of that was down to a broken ankle which could happen to anyone if he does passes his Medical he is obviously fully recovered.

In Gary We Trust !!!!

http://wwww.clubfanzine.com/ipswich_town/v...ws.php?id=11543

i think carle got taken off in most of the games because he has to do most of the running, especially during the period when marvin was clearly injured. and williams is in no way carles replacement, one is a winger the other a centre midfielder.

and yes Nick Carle is a better player than LJ. not because LJ is the gaffers son but because overall NC offers more to the team with his direct running, better more consistent passing, simple football and input in the defensive side of the game. LJ is great and he can pull of many good passes but he gives the ball away too often, he is absolutely awful in the challenge and he never seems to want to run with it.

personally i would keep them both as our midfield is our strongest area... but if Nicky goes then its all good cos we still have LJ. who can hopefully find the form he had at the start of last season.

I'm sure he does and until the start of season we won't know. GJ always talks about making more right decisions than wrong ones and in fairness he has and does so lets just hope this isn't one of the wrong ones.

Unfortunately I do think this will be one we'll regret and possibly bite us in th ar se hopefully I am very wrong and this and lots more decisions this summer will be right although - I am very rarely wrong

i'm pulling out the pin and waiting for the grenade to go off here,

I'm getting a bit pi55ed off with all this 'gj can spot a good 'un' and 'in gj we trust'.

didn't he buy Carle for 500k not much more than 6 months ago, and now he doesn't fit in with his plans?

Trundle may be a really nice bloke as well but wasn't he bought to score goals? 6 for the season wasn't it?

Our 2 most expensive signings in ages and neither have really set the world alight (although I thought Carle had a fantastic work rate and got stuck in a lot more than LJ ever has)

I'm off to my fall out bunker now :sofa:

i'm pulling out the pin and waiting for the grenade to go off here,

I'm getting a bit pi55ed off with all this 'gj can spot a good 'un' and 'in gj we trust'.

didn't he buy Carle for 500k not much more than 6 months ago, and now he doesn't fit in with his plans?

Trundle may be a really nice bloke as well but wasn't he bought to score goals? 6 for the season wasn't it?

Our 2 most expensive signings in ages and neither have really set the world alight (although I thought Carle had a fantastic work rate and got stuck in a lot more than LJ ever has)

I'm off to my fall out bunker now :sofa:

you're right. Sack him! What's Gary Johnson ever done for us?

Do you not?? Do you think Carle is better than Johnson??

Surely nobody thinks that.....actually this is the City Forum I suppose.

Well you have found one that certianly does. Given lots of time and space Johnson scores high marks hense his effectiveness at set plays, but in general play he doesn't come close. And without the ball I would go as far as to say he causes the team as a whole problems.

Carle is effective on the ball and has proved he can tackle, he was getiig fitter and acustomed to living in a new country, mark my words he will be better for having played those games for City and next season and will be an effective player for Palace.

As the whole saga reaches its end game I can only hope that the money is substantial and is re-invested so that improvements across several posistions make up for the loss in one.

Archived