IGNORED

Gavin Williams

Guest DanC

yep.. text says:

city have completed the signing of Gavin williams, 27, from ipswich town for and undisclosed fee on

a two year contract more on www.bcfc.co.uk

Is that really all you get from the text subscription? :noexpression:

Also strangely enough our first signing this Summer falls on the same date as the first signing last Summer.

Does this mean the next one arrives on July 12th?

This morning I thought we made a signing on this day last year and thought wouldn't it be strange if we did so again. So every summer now do we need to wait until the 27th?

Not exactly excited about this, It's not like the Trundle transfer, More like the Elliott transfer and look what Elliott did and look what Trundle did.

surely the fact we have signed williams before carle has offically gone to palace would suggest he isnt a direct replacement for him?

what if for whatever reason carles transfer falls through? them we have them both.

still, good to see us making a singing, hopefully the first of 3 or 4...

reading in to all the posts about carle and so say paper reports it could be!

From WDP on weds:

In an added twist, Carle's transfer to Selhurst Park has been thrown into doubt as the Eagles have also had a bid accepted for Colchester's Mark Yeates.

carle 1.2million and neil danns might be part of the deal, all agreed today after passing the medical

so if true!! and all reports go to plan that is.... carle 1.2million and neil danns might be part of the deal, all agreed today after passing the medical and that would explain palace bidding on 2 midfielders in carle and Yeates if they let go watson and danns, so city bring in williams to replace russell and danns to replace carle it would make sense, or if no danns then more money to finance a big name striker..

now lets look for strikers..........

reading in to all the posts about carle and so say paper reports it could be!

so if true!! and all reports go to plan that is.... carle 1.2million and neil danns might be part of the deal, all agreed today after passing the medical and that would explain palace bidding on 2 midfielders in carle and Yeates if they let go watson and danns, so city bring in williams to replace russell and danns to replace carle it would make sense or if no danns then more money to finance a big name striker..

now lets look for 2 strikers..........

Danns impressed me in the past, I think when he was playing for Colchester.

welcome to the club Gavin, may you be blessed with numerous seasons of success, become a fans favourite, score lots of brilliant goals and get us in to the premier league!

this does show how far the club have come in the last couple of years, when GJ came in this lad was a mile out of our range ability wise, and now we can get players like this in. Now for a new striker or 2!

Si.

Danns impressed me in the past, I think when he was playing for Colchester.

Yes he was... And is not bad.

I remember carle was signed as an addition to the squad when everyone was calling for strikers

plus moans about why we signed him when we have russell and skuse in the squad, ok carle has

done well and is a good player but he is replaceable and could even be sacrificed to make money

available to buy a decent striker, having a midfielder chucked in to the deal is a bouns of money

for a striker plus a midfielder, if true then it's good business.

Not only that if the player is offered more money to play at palace than he is on at city then

his head will turn.

welcome to the club Gavin, may you be blessed with numerous seasons of success, become a fans favourite, score lots of brilliant goals and get us in to the premier league!

this does show how far the club have come in the last couple of years, when GJ came in this lad was a mile out of our range ability wise, and now we can get players like this in. Now for a new striker or 2!

Si.

To be fair, it does not show how far the club has come it just shows that we are buying a 'half decent' player who has had injuries and needs a chance.

I am a bit disappointed.

However... In Gary we trust.

To be fair, it does not show how far the club has come it just shows that we are buying a 'half decent' player who has had injuries and needs a chance.

I am a bit disappointed.

However... In Gary we trust.

Our team is made up of players that do not fit in with their current club and they have got us this far.

Basso - Woking

McCombe - Lincoln

McIndoe - Wolves

Elliot - Millwall - Fell out with the boss fans disliked him as well.

Just to name a few.

As a Yeovil fan I can tell you the Gavin is one exciting footballer and a character as well.

Once described by GJ as 'daft as a brush' he failed to turn up at a team mates wedding, a big posh do as well, just didn't turn up. He did the Ayatola to the swansea fans several times and even at the Vetch, you will spot the reception he gets from Swansea fans. At a club open day he would give kids his autograph and then put a cross on their forehead with a marker pen so they didn't come back for an another. He is a great pratical joker as well, not sure how McIndoe will greet him.

One possible downside, he was at his best in a 5 man midfield, he can unbalance a team because he would never play a position as such. Some felt our team was more effective after he left.

Am I envious that you have Johnson, McIndoe and Williams, yes as green as our shirts.

As a Yeovil fan I can tell you the Gavin is one exciting footballer and a character as well.

Once described by GJ as 'daft as a brush' he failed to turn up at a team mates wedding, a big posh do as well, just didn't turn up. He did the Ayatola to the swansea fans several times and even at the Vetch, you will spot the reception he gets from Swansea fans. At a club open day he would give kids his autograph and then put a cross on their forehead with a marker pen so they didn't come back for an another. He is a great pratical joker as well, not sure how McIndoe will greet him.

One possible downside, he was at his best in a 5 man midfield, he can unbalance a team because he would never play a position as such. Some felt our team was more effective after he left.

Am I envious that you have Johnson, McIndoe and Williams, yes as green as our shirts.

Thanks for that, yes since the Williams story has came out and Carle looking like leaving I have been wondering if 3-5-2 is on GJ's mind for us next season I can't see it being used often but it may be lined up as an option, seeing we have so many players who had success with GJ using this style.

Archived