IGNORED

What Now Signing Wise

Red Army 79

Now Williams is on bored and can play anywhere in midfield, with Johnson, Noble, Skuse all battling for the one Centre midfield spot if we are going to play 4-4-2. Do you think that will be it for midfield signings and Johnson is going to concentrate on forwards and maybe a defender or do you think he will try and bring another centre midfielder in?

Thats what I was thinking as well I wouldn't be surprised if Gardner joins us from Carlise, we were heavily linked to him in January, then hopefully an experienced goalscorer, and a dependable defender who can also play on the right as well.

Now Williams is on bored and can play anywhere in midfield, with Johnson, Noble, Skuse all battling for the one Centre midfield spot if we are going to play 4-4-2. Do you think that will be it for midfield signings and Johnson is going to concentrate on forwards and maybe a defender or do you think he will try and bring another centre midfielder in?

Strange question I would have thought.We need a proven goalscorer, which we have needed for some time.We must have the money for it with what we made last year and Steve Lansdown' promises to back GJ plus GJ's quote in the WDP that the Carle deal was good business for the club.For pity's sake lets get the striker we need in sooner rather than later before other clubs start pushing harder.

I think that with this new signing we could possibly be looking at 4-3-3 for next season. With a 3 man Midfield consisting of Johnson, Williams and Elliot. 2 Wide men/second strikers with McIndoe, Noble/Sproule and a new striker.

Strange question I would have thought.We need a proven goalscorer, which we have needed for some time.We must have the money for it with what we made last year and Steve Lansdown' promises to back GJ plus GJ's quote in the WDP that the Carle deal was good business for the club.For pity's sake lets get the striker we need in sooner rather than later before other clubs start pushing harder.

I didnt mean it to be a strange question with Macca on the left marvellous marv in the centre would you say we had enough cover with Williams, Skuse, Spoure, Johnson, Murray, Wilson, Noble even myre-williams all battling over two positions to spend the money on a couple of forwards one for the future and one in his prime and maybe a versatile defender who can play on the right back as well rather than replace Carle. If you say Murray has no chance in playing why was he offered a new contract.

Absolutely essential to get one quality pacey striker

after that another striker, right winger and left back

i wonder if too many signings could be a bad thing though, so as long as we get the one striker i will be happy

I agree with the last bit, but the first bit, we have just signed a right midfielder, we now have 5 options for right midfield, in ascending order, williams, sproule, noble, wilson, murray. Its a shame with everybodys perception with Sproule I thought he was a very good player this season. I still think with Mccindoe left, williams right, elliot and noble in the middle, all fit we would have one of the best midfields in the league. I saw Williams play for yeovil 4 or 5 times, OK a few years ago now but he was the best player on the pitch for all those games.

Simply has to be a goalscoring striker now. I think our midfield is top, McCindoe to carry his form into next season, Sproule will want to prove his doubters wrong, Williams the new man wanting to show what he can do and Noble should now really be ready to show what he can do at this level. Add to that Elliot, who in my opinion was one of the best Centre-Mids in the league last season, and we now have other positions to concentrate on.

We simple must get a goal scoring striker in, preferibly young and pacy but lets face it, anyone who scores will do. I would have liked Lita, but there doesnt look much chance of that now. I think the next few weeks will be interesting, as I'm sure GJ is as desperate as us for a goal scoring striker but is keen not just to buy anyone, but to wait and find the right man.

Mention on 606 that we have enquired about Václav Svěrkoš. A striker playing for Banik Ostrava. No idea if there is any truth in it but he looks decent on youtube.

Just passing on what I have read!

The Czech Republic guy? Scored the winner in their opening game against Swizterland?

If it is him then I can't imagine he'd come cheap, but who knows. Interesting shout, although I wouldn't believe much of what people write on 606.

Archived